A 4000km loop around the South East Corner of Australia

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by bull600, May 4, 2019.

1. fozrunner

fozrunner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great ride report and pictures. I'll be moving to AUS shortly (Brisbane area) and was wondering what sort of riding I would be doing and what bike to buy. It looks like most of the tracks and gravel roads would be manageable on a big GS, but maybe not the tracks with bull dust. I'm not a real single track dirt rider, but I like exploring smaller gravel roads.
    bull600 likes this.
  2. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    Lots of riding out of SE Qld and NE NSW. Try introducing yourself on the Oz forum;https://advrider.com/f/forums/australia.32/ and/or maybe even here; https://advrider.com/f/threads/brisbane-surround-rides.1363560/page-2
  3. Rivo

Rivo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What a great trip report with excellent photo's :clap, can I ask what camera were you using ?
  4. bull600

bull600 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been asked this a few times and for the majority of photos that I take while on the bike I have used a Sony DSC - TX5 for a number of years.

[​IMG]

It is small, light, waterproof and fits easily in my jacket pocket. The ability to turn it on (by sliding down the front) and shoot with one gloved hand make it ideal for that 'quick shot' on the run. There have been several upgrades over the years and I picked up a TX20 not long ago for $50 on gumtree as a spare!

I also take in my tank bag (on bigger trips), a superzoom camera - the Nikon P600.

[​IMG]

It's similar in size to the smallest SLR had has an amazing 60X zoom. Overall the lens has the equivalent of 24-1440 mm lens in 35mm. Its lens is sharp and allows shots of things like koalas in the top of high trees

[​IMG]

and then you can really zoom in!

[​IMG]

Cheers :thumb
    jtb, leighwgold, Rivo and 1 other person like this.
  5. Duketr4

Duketr4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. Duketr4

Duketr4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great RR.......appreciate the efforts involved in posting. I enjoyed the images and read.
    Cheers John
  7. Gdamo1

Gdamo1 Theres only one loose nut on my bike

Oddometer:
    Fantastic RR makes me Envy I dont live in Vic anymore.
  8. cycleman2

cycleman2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Excellent ride report.