A bunch of new soft luggage from Tusk

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by CmdrPopNFresh, Nov 28, 2019.

1. kevinA

kevinA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ok bbb. You’re talking about something you don’t really know about. The design of these bags was a different manufacture and was out before the other company you mentioned was in business and tusk is rockymountains house brand. Further, the other company you mentioned isn’t a manufacturer. The have other companies manufacture the bags they sell and design and I’m almost certain it’s not in the US. No difference except fan boys and hype. Don’t buy what you don’t want to, but you’re wrong on several of your core points. Go ahead and move over to the mosko moto thread and enjoy. This thread is for the tusk brand bags and a good product for a reasonable price point. No reason for your post, it’s also incorrect
    LuckyPunk and my6 like this.
  2. Bigbugberg

Bigbugberg De oppresso liber Supporter

Oddometer:
    I will bow out to your superior knowledge, intellect, mastery of blogging, design to build expertise, and your intimate details of all things RMATV, Mosko, and anything else you care to talk about. You are complete in every way oh, knowledgeable one.
    kevinA likes this.
  3. kevinA

kevinA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don’t worry everyone. More people at the grocery store or coffee shop stop and ask me about my tusk bags More than my touratech cases.
    rd400racer likes this.
  4. Bigbugberg

Bigbugberg De oppresso liber Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't worry everyone, conversing on ADVRider hasn't changed, it's still like wrestling a pig.
    Bultaco206 likes this.
  5. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    It would be good if Tusk toned down the advertising on their bags. The huge logos make the bag look cheap.
    Doug Just Doug and Wattner like this.
  6. cwadej

cwadej Keeper of the truth

Oddometer:

Do the Mosko bags look cheap?
  7. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    If I had an opinion about those bags I would share it in the appropriate thread.
    my6, neanderthal and Bayner like this.
  8. maden

maden Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is it just me, or does the tank bag look just like the Giant Loop ones just with a different logo? Guess less expences on R&D...
  9. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    You're saying there was an American company that had the design for the Highlands rackless bag before Mosko released their Reckless 80 bag and that Tusk licensed such bag design?

Please name that company and bag as we know Wolfman Alpha/Beta seat bag designs and Giant Loop's designs, but I can't ever remember something else?

Pete & company are moving forward with V3, but I'm genuinely curious of this mystery licensed bag design that predates Mosko's design, which the Highlands sure looks like? :scratch
  10. kevinA

kevinA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    what I was saying is that you and the other guy are in the wrong thread and posting useless opinions based on fanboyism on products you have no knowledge of or experience with.

trying to pretend like a few year old company invented saddlebags is just dumb. I think I understand the fanboyism your showing, trying to promote a business you developed a liking to, while also having a product of your own get overtaken by progress possibly.

haha, did you use the companies owners first name like your buddies haha. Fanboyism at its finest

Theres a thread you can go circle with like minded people, but trying to talk down another product for your false and fallacious assumptions is stupid. If you want my personal opinion, when I see most people with the bags from the company you keep talking about, I think look at that fanboy nerd that bought the 700-1000 luggage to look cool. But that belongs in a different product thread.

this topic is about luggage from Tusk, if people have experience with them and are satisfied with them. I could list the several people who I spoke to with tusk when asking about them, even before they were released. All helpful and friendly, from back office, customer service and even the product guys. Ive used these bags and they exceeded my expectations and performed their purpose very well without any problems.

Attached Files:

rd400racer and NorthIdaho800gsa like this.
  11. kaptkaos

kaptkaos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like Tusk products a lot, I like RMATV, been using them forever. I have the soft bags and they are a great bag, equivalent to any bag at twice the price. I am happy to have more money for gas, tires and travel while still having great bags. The day they come out with a better hard bag, I will get those too. For now, I bought a set of CSC hard bags from China for $400, and they look exactly like a GIVI or Touratech and the quality is just as good. I used Tusk quick release mounts to mount them to my Tusk racks. Yeah its from China, but I bought it from an American in California, kinda like my TV and iPhone. My bike is also Japanese. While I understand and empathize with the anti China movement, I aint too fond of how our American government and corporations always try to keep us down, pay us less, llay off at the slightest sign of trouble and spend millions on upper management and marketing. I will keep giving my money to whoever gets me the best product for the best price.

I also have RMATV ARC riding pants and gloves, and I wear an Olympia or Alpine Stars jacket. Sometimes a Tourmaster. I have a ton of Klim gear too. I get it all on clearance.

The Tusk bags are great and my only regret was buying the Pilots before these new ones came out.
    NorthIdaho800gsa and JulienAT like this.
  12. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Yes I do know Pete personally. I'm in the industry and know alot of the people making this stuff, so what?

You stated there was liscensing by Tusk of that bag design?

I just asked for that liscensing info from some un-named company and now your are just BS'n dude.

I use Tusk parts and gear myself and it's good stuff...but that's not the point.
  13. kevinA

kevinA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    so did he send you and the other fan boy to talk fallacious crap about his competitors products that are just as good as his but a fraction of the price? Did he tell you he invented saddlebags haha

these Tusk bags are dope.

Attached Files:

14. ktmrider36

ktmrider36 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Tusk highland was obviously influenced by the Mosko Moto Reckless 80 and it is clearly competing with it. A comparison in this forum seems appropriate to me.

I recently purchased the Tusk Highland and am very happy with it. It fits my KTM 1090 Adventure R like a glove and seems to be very high quality. The price was attractive and I have used the system several times and plan on using it for upcoming BDR and other trips.

I should point out that I have not purchased the Mosko Moto Reckless 80 and I am relying on published company information as well as reviews by others to make this comparison.

Having purchased and used the Tusk system, I can now recognize some of the differences between it and the Reckless 80 that I didn’t notice before buying it. I’ll point out a few for those who are trying to decide between them.

The Tusk base system itself incorporates two roll top holster bags with additional waterproof roll top bags to fill and insert. Four roll tops total. Once you fill the waterproof inserts, it’s can be a tight squeeze getting them pushed all the way inside the holster bags. The holster bags have their own roll top closure which is only slightly larger than the insert bag and you have to hold that material open with one hand while pushing the insert bag down to the the bottom with the other hand. This is complicated further If you have your center duffle bag filled and overhanging the sides. Of course you can remove the duffle but that is not convenient if you already have it strapped in.

This is not really a big deal. I only mention it because the Mosko system holster is wide open at the top. There is no roll top material getting in your way as you insert your loaded bag into the holster. The bag itself has its own roll top and the holster has a strap and buckle which secures it. It appears much easier to insert or remove the insert bag from the holster with this system.

The latest version (3.0) of the Mosko system also has an adjustable angle feature which allows the bags to be tilted at just about any angle you want. This makes it adjustable for lots of different bikes and modifications.
    The Mosko Moto system has replaceable straps which could come in handy at some point and two different size accessory bags, two or four liter. Tusk only offers a two liter accessory bag. The Mosko system has two removable beaver tails, one with a map holder. The Tusk system has only one non-removable beaver tail and no map holder. Both systems come with an exhaust heat shield.

After adding the two 2liter accessory bags, my Tusk Highland was $295. Less than a similarly equipped Version 3.0 Reckless 80. With two 4liter accessory bags.

Is the Reckless 80 worth $295. more than the Tusk Highland? It is for those that want an extremely refined system and can appreciate the differences. They both seem like a fair deal to me. I saved a few bucks and went with the Tusk Highland. Had I gone with the Reckless 80, I still think I would have got my money’s worth. I don’t think you can go wrong either way. One is high quality at a great price and the other is the cream of the crop.

The Tusk system incorporates the same great basic design and allows me to carry 80 liters or more with minimal additional weight and very little bulk. Even when fully loaded my bars are the far wider than any part of my bag system.
    AJRJ and BillMoore like this.
  15. cwadej

Oddometer:
    You sound like you have an axe to grind, much more so than just having cheaper options. Show us where the bad man touched you.
  16. kevinA

kevinA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    nothing worse than Thread crappers. Still wondering why you fan boys are even reading this topic, let alone commenting on it. Must be pretty upset. I’ve got plenty of time to make fun of you for it.
  17. cwadej

Oddometer:
    enjoy your trolling. I'm not upset about anything, just surprised by how much of a bitch you are being about it.
    kevinA likes this.
  18. kevinA

kevinA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m pretty sure trolling is jumping in a thread you have no knowledge about or experience with for the sole purpose of posting inflammatory comments in order to make the sacks you hang on your bike still look cool and neato

pardon me while I order some oil and a filter from rocky mountain as their customer service is excellent, prices great and very fast shipping. Heck, they even have a how to video showing people how to do it for various bikes. Very helpful
  19. rd400racer

rd400racer Long timer

Oddometer:

Dude, I hate to break it to you but you're the troll here.

I'd never bought anything from Rocky Mountain until 6 months ago. Saw the Pilots for a killer price and bought them. Since then I've spent over a grand at their company buying all kinds of gear because it's good quality, reasonably priced and I get their stuff within 3 days.

Put their rack and hard cases on my 990R last week. It's equal in quality to the Happy Trails panniers on my GSA that cost 3 times as much. I even measure the thickness of the aluminum used in both and it was identical.

Feel free to continue paying more for a name. I'll use the money I save to buy more bikes instead.

58C03C5F-764B-4513-99B2-8D62AC9A1185.jpeg
  20. Boatman

Boatman Membership has it's privileges ;-) Supporter

Oddometer:
    Subscribed!

:lurk
    NorthIdaho800gsa and kevinA like this.