A CADS member goes to trial...

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Huzband, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Went to Hardrock for a little practice today. Thinking about lunch afterwards gave me a brainstorm. :D
    20190323_132134_HDR.jpg
  2. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    FTA Trial #7, last of the season, was today. In my opinion one of the better trials we've had this year. A good mix of sections with one surprisingly easy (could've ridden it on the 1190, really) and one shockingly difficult. It gave even the better riders fits. I, however, didn't have the pleasure of riding it more than once. Matter of fact, I didn't finish the first loop. On about the third section my heart rate climbed north of 180. Once it did I couldn't get below 140. Rode a couple more sections then while walking one it happened again, but this time slight dizziness & a mild chest pain joined the party. That was it. I called it a day. Rode along with my group for the rest of the trial, but had no designs on trying even the easiest section.

So FTA is done for the summer, but I'm not. I have plans to attend a trial in NC in July & one in Huntsville in September before we crank back up. And I suppose I need to find out what the the problem is, too. Honestly, I think it's psychological. I recently had a screening done by Lifeline and everything looked good. Plus, this doesn't happen when I'm practicing.

Sorry for the long post. But thanks for following along this season. It actually has been fun, in spite of the frustrations.
    beaterktm, Milkweed, Turbo61 and 3 others like this.
  3. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Oh, and I still managed a 4th in class for the season. And that's not last place! :D
    KTee, Milkweed, Josh Leyburn and 2 others like this.
  4. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Update; Looking at the updated final results I ended up 3rd. Woot woot!
  5. markbxr400

markbxr400 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Better get that checked out.
  6. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Received my motivation for this season today. Wonder if it'll help me ride better. :johntm
    20191005_163519(1)~2.jpg
    DaveBeezy, JohnE65c, Milkweed and 3 others like this.