A Couple of Questions from a new GSA/DMC Rig Owner

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by TMac99, Oct 12, 2020.

1. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I will be seeing if I can come up with a solution once the new rig is built. Of course the system will work with my factory sensors as long as they function.
  2. MGV8

Oddometer:
    I wonder if my programable sensors would work with the bike. They are relatively cheap and should fit your wheels. My TPMS tool lists BMW Motorcycles but I've never had the need to try. Plus I am getting a new Scan tool for the shop that is supposed to be fully BMW capable, as in ISTA +, which means bikes as well I believe. I might play with my 2018 to see if I can turn modules on or off at will. I did Say might!!! Pretty sure the RDC/TPMS module has a lot to do with my Key less ride as well.
    BJMoose likes this.
  3. BJMoose

BJMoose that trick never works Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll ride up to Canoe and we can mod my wheels and see if it will work - as soon as the plague ends and the mounties let me in.:D
    MGV8 and DRONE like this.
  4. MGV8

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a plan to me. :beer
  5. BJMoose

BJMoose that trick never works Supporter

Oddometer:
    We have some brilliant local microbrews - how about a selection starting with Moose Drool and ending with Last Cast IPA or Red Dread
    MGV8 likes this.
  6. davet2

davet2 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    You are probably familiar with this place. I stopped here for a couple of beers on my way to the rally in Coeur D'Alene last year. IMG_20190724_160449836_HDR.jpg IMG_20190724_164014894.jpg
    BJMoose, Bobmws, MGV8 and 2 others like this.
  7. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    Phillipsburg Brewng Co. in "P"burg has a nice menu for brews. Smelter City Brewing over the hill in Anaconda isn't bad at all either!
    BJMoose likes this.
  8. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    @TMac99 I saw you posted a pic in the "Where Have You Gone Today?" thread. Wondering if you're liking your new rig. Any surprises?
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  9. TMac99

TMac99 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, I am really liking the rig. Remembering that my only sidecar experience to date was a 2018 Ural, the biggest surprise is just how much better the GSA/DMC rig handles on-road. It is a lowered GSA, so the center of gravity is quite a bit lower than the Ural, and I find that this makes it lots more stable in right hand turns. The rig has the widened DMC front end, so the steering effort is pretty light - a lot lighter than my Ural. Of course, the entire riding experience is very much "BMW refined" vs the old Ural "Russian tractor feel" in terms of engine and gearbox, not to mention that 70 mph cruising is effortless. I also appreciate the 8 gal fuel tank which give me 300 miles between gas station visits vs the Ural's 150 miles. In a perfect world, I'd also own a Ural, because they were just so much fun, but if I can only have one rig, then a GSA based rig is pretty sweet.
    rg sw wa., Ironrdr, Bobmws and 6 others like this.