A couple of rigs we just finished up.

Discussion in 'Hack Vendors' started by jaydmc, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Melrone

Melrone Long timer

Oddometer:
    The biggest question I have after seeing the one at MOA Nationals last year is why waste a Pannier spot for a spare tire. With Luggage rack on the back would hold them and a huge bag could be mounted instead.. When carrying a passenger you need the baggage area... On a personal note I have a remod lower triple tree and it does work good,but it lowered my front end an inch. If I had the cash when I was rebuilding a Leading Link would of been a no brainer...
  2. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    The way we make our ball joint mount it actually raises the front end by 1/8 of an inch. We have done and still make the parts to mount the spare on the rear rack where it is always in the way as you must tip it up to get into the trunk, the rack can hold a far more useful amount of cargo then the pannier but as this is a personal choice, we are set up to built it either way. I like the way we do this as when I am going to be with in a built up area (like most of the USA) I leave the spare at home and run the pannier which on my own bike has also been color matched.
    Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    www.dmcsidecars.com
    866-638-1793
    largemouthbass likes this.
  3. Melrone

Melrone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually it drop my front end an 1". I've carried tires on my rack and don't see a problem there. Dave 's been buying rigs different front ends which I think is cool.. I've had the Leading Link front end before it was the nicest front end I've used. Its a nice looking rig either way...
  4. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    The way we made these for about a year dropped the front an inch, since then we made a change, We do have a spacer that will bring the front end back up the inch.
    Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    www.dmcsidecars.com
    866-638-1793
  5. Melrone

Melrone Long timer

Oddometer:
    That would be another set of threads to mess with and a spacer holding the ball joint That's scarry. I honestly rather have my Works shock reshafted first.
  6. RideDualSport.com

RideDualSport.com Zut alors!

Oddometer:
    JayG, I don't own a side car, and know nothing about them. However you have my full support and I admire your thoughtfulness.
    Dan Alexander likes this.
  7. Knightwork

Knightwork Have Coffe Cup--Can Travel

Oddometer:
    Gentlemen,
    My wife of 32 years (and who has not ridden a bike since her brother scared the pee out of her 30 years ago) finally gave me the opportunity to have her with me on a borrowed 02 GSA and Ural sidecar combo---
    I would not of dreamed of the joy and fun we had that day---even getting caught in a series of heavy cloudbursts did not dampen her enthusiasm.
    So it would seem that things might be changing in my future---and am trying to find something I can afford.

Just wanted y'all to know from an old beat up hand -that I appreciate all you do and Hack Away. Someone- somewhere needs that equipment and the joy y'all bring in to their lives and adventures. Y'all do an excellent job in the build and planning
    Later
    KW
    THEAPE likes this.