A five-day weekend through Germany's Romantic Road and Black Forest...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by viajarMOTO, Jun 17, 2018.

1. viajarMOTO

viajarMOTO Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For sure. Thanks for the reading!

Genau. Danke schön.

A 911 cabriolet would definitely be a fun way to ride through Germany! Thanks for the comment.

You're welcome.

No problem. It's nice to relive the experience through pictures and comments.

Appreciate it. Welcome. Cheers!
  2. Bitte ein Bit

Bitte ein Bit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great report and really enjoyed.

Germany here also and nice to see good photos and descriptions on such a nice route. Hope to see you do more ride reports!

Erik
  3. popscycle

popscycle Fahren Away Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good memories of the same roads traveled and things seen back in the late 70s. Back then, I must have shot ten or more rolls of Ektachrome in Rothenburg ob der Tauber and other places in Ansbach alone. Vielen dank - Freut mich sehr!
    Bitte ein Bit likes this.
  4. viajarMOTO

Oddometer:
    Glad I could help. Enjoy Germany!

For sure! There are some great spots for photographers. Du bist herzlich Willkommen!
  5. viajarMOTO

Oddometer:
    Erik, Thanks for the kind words. You're in luck, I've written a handful of ride reports:
    - Run to the [Mexican] Border...
    - AZBDR - Two Noobs, Two Mules, Two Weeks Off...
    - Baja para dos - Nine-day adventure in Baja Mexico...
    - Iceland and Faroe Islands - Bridge Between Continents...

Enjoy,
    Travis
  6. ringokelly

ringokelly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome report!! Been to a few of those spots and would love to go back...on a bike!
    viajarMOTO likes this.
  7. ringokelly

ringokelly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I read one of your other reports and am so jealous. Being an empty nester I would love to do the same but just don't feel I have the $$ to do it.....at least I can live through you !
  8. viajarMOTO

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the comments ringokelly! It's been a great time here in Europe and although I enjoy each day, I yearn for more traveling. We recently finished a three week trip through every UK country and Ireland. I'll be starting that ride-report covering those exciting 23 days shortly...
  9. stuntchick

stuntchick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've traveled through the Black Forest via car and loved it. It would be so wonderful to do it on a bike. Can't wait to read about your experience!
    viajarMOTO likes this.
  10. stuntchick

stuntchick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Loved what you said about Triberg. When I was there, it reminded me of Gatlinburg, TN. (also "a mountain community with lots of touristy shops and hiking trails" :p) Wonderful pics. They made me miss Germany. Thank you for sharing! :)
    viajarMOTO likes this.
  11. viajarMOTO

Oddometer:
    Thanks foe commenting. Hope you enjoyed it and had some memories of previous travels.

For sure! Thanks for posting a comment. Glad you enjoyed it.
    stuntchick likes this.
  12. little foot

little foot seriously not serious

Oddometer:
    Great report.
    viajarMOTO likes this.
  13. TDM Rider

TDM Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Loved your ride report, it really made me long to be back there. I used to live in Bad Homburg, just north of Frankfurt, and rode many of those same roads. Brings back a lot of great memories.

I still travel back to Germany every few years or so but the last time I had the chance to ride there was about 5-years ago when I had an extended business trip. Posted a ride report here:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/ein-tag-im-taunus-a-day-ride-in-germanys-taunus-region.908240/

And for those who've always dreamed of riding in Germany or Europe, I say go for it! The airfare might be expensive but bike rental is reasonable and accommodations can be found quite reasonably. And I've never seen a more bike-friendly culture.

Cheers,
    viajarMOTO likes this.
  14. joso

joso Motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    Just stumbled into your RRs of Iceland and Faroers and this one. Great read, video and Pics, thanks a lot for sharing! If you still ride Germany and get close to the Heidelberg area - let me know, I know some good rides around my homeplate.
    viajarMOTO likes this.
  15. viajarMOTO

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much for the post and information. I totally agree with all that was said. We have really enjoyed riding in Germany and Europe. The first thing I noticed after moving here is how courteous the drivers are. Maybe it's because we live in a small city, but people do not drive with cell phones and tend to be pretty respectful of motorcyclists. The Germans do seem to love their cars and motorcycles.
  16. viajarMOTO

Oddometer:
    So nice of you to offer a place to rest for the night. Appreciate the hospitality!

Glad you are enjoying the RRs. If interested, I also have a few other RRs:
    - UK and Ireland: https://advrider.com/f/threads/left...-around-uk-and-ireland.1347499/#post-36265304
    - Baja, Mexico: https://advrider.com/f/threads/baja-para-dos-nine-day-adventure-in-baja-mexico.1224287/
    - AZVDR, Arizona, USA: https://advrider.com/f/threads/azbdr-two-noobs-two-mules-two-weeks-off.1138962/

Cheers!
  17. MtnGirl

MtnGirl Life is short, so get out there and ride... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great pictures! My husband was stationed at Stuttgart from 1997-2000. What a blast we had, but in a car. Wish we had motorcycles at the time. Would have been even better. Thanks for sharing....
    viajarMOTO likes this.
  18. viajarMOTO

Oddometer:
    We’ve had a great time sharing our trips and photos via the ADV Rider Forum but it’s time for us to move on with our own website. I’ll continue to take photos and write travel blog updates but it will be through our website: www.viajarMOTO.com

We are very pleased to announce that we will begin full-time motorcycle travel starting in March 2020! We’ve got at least a year of places we want to see and experience that will take us to Morocco, Africa and to as many counties in Europe as we can! It’s going to be an awesome adventure! Join us:
    Best regards,
    Travis & Chantil