A Florida ADVrider gathering-any interest?

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Krautbikeman, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Krautbikeman

Krautbikeman Failed Anger Mgt #$%@#$%^

Oddometer:
    I know Fast is hanging out in this neck of the woods and I have seen someone with the name Alphaduc who lives near Orlando. A GS'r from Alaska has moved here and had questioned whether there was anything going on here.

Anyone from Florida (or thereabouts) who would be interested in a combination on/off road gathering? Picnic lunch, sometime in November when things cool off!

Somewhere within the Ocala National Forest? Withlacoochee National Forest? Other areas that have open dirt riding?

I would like to hear from any and all interested parties?:ear
  2. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    Been to bike week 10 times, but not recently! I'm hoping to make biketoberfest this year! As always, I won't know until a week b-4
    the event! Checked online yesterday about rooms & they seemed high to me $199-$249 per nite! Been to Cart week twice & stayed on the beach for $49-$59 per nite, but that was in the late 80's! Sorry about being off topic from your specific question, but thought you could shed some light about the week & maybe somewhere to stay close by at a reasonal rate or even camping close to Daytona! TIA *shag*
  3. Krautbikeman

Oddometer:
    is nothing new to the Daytona area and it occurs during all special events here. The bike crowds and NASCAR folks take the brunt of the ripping off.:cry

I don't camp around here, so maybe some others can chime in in that regard. You may want to check rates for some of the mom & pop hotels in Flagler County (our northern neighbor).

Worst case scenario, you can always camp in the back yard (I used to have a spare bedroom, but it got used when the baby came this summer). We do have a pool, so you would have your own bathtub!:evil

Maybe some other posters will have better suggestions...Keep me posted if Biketoberfest is a viable option.
  4. koolkat

koolkat Travelling Old Fart

Oddometer:
    FAAAARRKKK !! :huh

Hope he brought his deodorant with him ..... :evil :evil

:rofl :rofl :rofl
  5. jwin

jwin Slow Learner

Oddometer:
    I'm in Carolinas but got family down in Gainesville. I'd love to do it, maybe vet's day weekend.
  6. Flash

Flash Sand Boxer

Oddometer:
    In!

I'm game for most any opportunity to gear up and go ridin' I'm a city boy tho' and don't know nuttin about no dirt bikes. But we gotta use paved roads to get wherever so I'll just have to keep the beer cold while ya all get dirty. Besides it might give me a chance to try out my new toy.
  7. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Sweet! Congrats! I can't wait to hear some ride reports.
  8. Krautbikeman

Oddometer:
    Ok folks, we have some interest. Biketoberfest and Veterans Day weekends seem to be the option so far.

If Biketoberfest works out for everyone, then I can definitely accomodate the ADVriders at my home (up to about three or four, unless you really want to camp out by the pool in the backyard, in which case we could hold up to five or six tents).

It looks like we'll also have to have some street routes so that everyone, including K1 Fast have some options. There are some nice country two-lanes northwest of Daytona. It definitely ain't the mountains, but it has to do for this area.

Minor technical dirt, rolling countryside two lane. What am I missing? Oh yea, food and beer. One day, overnight? Confirm what weekend works for everyone. Biketoberfest runs 10/17-10/20. Veterans Day weekend is 11/9-11/10. Any other dates?

:ear
  9. serson brannen

serson brannen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    interesting, however my schedule is far to hectic to plan in advance. i like the idea of a campout, and florida is close.
  10. Flash

Flash Sand Boxer

Oddometer:
    Howzabout this?

Seems that we have some folks headed down here for Biketoberfest. Why don't we plan lunch somewhere around Daytona (your call) on Saturday, October 19th.

If we get a good turnout, we can then plan something more involved later on. If we don't get anybody, then you get free beer and I get 400 miles of saddle time.

Waddya think?
  11. Krautbikeman

Oddometer:
    Ok folks. The weekend of Biketoberfest it is. Lets say Saturday, October 19th. We can meet at ???? around 10:00 am and go riding. Couple hunnerd miles and then lunch. Retire to my place for some cold beverages and a dip in the pool, and then off with you varmints (except those folks who wish to make a weekend of it.

My place is open to those who want to hole up for the night, but make your reservations early as the space fills up quick, even at $100/night!:rofl :rofl

PS. Randall Aman, I tried responding to your mail today and it got bounced twice. Can you give me an alternate address?
  12. Flash

Flash Sand Boxer

Oddometer:
    Seein's its your neighborhood, you pick the meeting spot and we'll go from there

$100.00 a night! Can I book 5 days for BikeWeek?
  13. Krautbikeman

Oddometer:
    but Bike Week is $150 night, with a three night minimum!:rofl :rofl

I'll have to think about the meeting place and get back to you...
  14. Randall

Randall Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Get together on October 19 - - - in

My Bill Mayer seat will be on my bike by that time and boy am I looking forward to it!
  15. mappyclead

mappyclead n00b

Oddometer:
    Could I come up from Miami on my R1150R, would I be welcome?
  16. Krautbikeman

Oddometer:
    OK, folks...Biketoberfest is around the corner (10/17-10/20 to be exact)

My suggestion is to meet at the Blind Pig Pub on Saturday, 10/19 at 12:00 for lunch and a meet/greet. From there, we will proceed through some of Floriduh's finest roads towards Lake Como, where we can ride some actual curves!

Returning to Daytona via Route 100 and A1A if the traffic is not too bad. Those making a night of it, can hang out poolside for B & B (beer and bullshit) or get cleaned up and we can go watch the circus that is quickly becoming Biketoberfest.

The Blind Pig Pub is located at 148 W. New York Ave. in Deland, FL. They are apparently out of touch with the net, but you can locate some basic info via a Google search.

Give me an idea of a head count, folks. Fast, you still with us or have you hit warp speed on your super-bitchin' K1?

Mappyclead, you are indeed welcome, even if it's on an 1150R. At least it's a Boxer!:rofl

If I'm hearing the group, the ride will be all street, unless I hear differently from some folks here. Any dirt riding up that way will have to be coordinated through someone else, as I can barely find my way around the STREETS up that way...

Let's get it together!:drums
  17. Flash

Flash Sand Boxer

Oddometer:
    Hiya Krautbikeman!

In

Sounds great Ya gotta love a place called the Blind Pig Pub.

:thumb
  18. Aurelius

Aurelius Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds good to me. My offroading experience is limited to riding over my neighbor's flower bed, though, so I'd prefer to stay on paved surfaces. As far as a meeting place goes, there are plenty of good restaurants across from the race track that we could pick from. I suggest we steer clear of the area near Main Street. That's where the Harley freak show takes place, and its gonna be crowded as hell.
  19. Krautbikeman

Oddometer:
    Andrew, Andrew, Andrew...

Check my last post for agenda. We will definitely be steering well clear of Main Street!:rofl
  20. Randall

Randall Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Blind Pig Pub, sounds kind of strange but what the heck.....maybe the pig got into some of that good ole Florida moonshine.

You bet I am in, see ya there!!!

Randall