A general lack of enthusiasm...

Discussion in 'Australia' started by richo360, Sep 13, 2018.

1. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Resized_20200116_174921.jpeg

So some bloke was selling off some bits recently, I wonder why hes cashing out and what he's up to?
    So once again, without really meaning to, I've acquired more parts to update granddads axe (ie the now barely original 2009 690)/

Thats a set of 2007 690 rfr forks... Ive found (especially since turning up the HP) that the 09 exc forks are way undersprung... I need 6.0 or 6.2mm/kg springs, the heaviest available for an exc is 5.4. OK, ive since been told some suspension place in Germany had 6.0's in stock... at what cost landed though?
    Anyway, they'll be going on. I'm not sure if the stock front axle (actually, a quick pull exc one) will fit, so I got a rfr axle too. And spacers... may have to do some fiddling to get the front wheel to fit, will see.

Theres also a Tractive rear shock, sprung at .95 (stock is 0.85) with high and low speed compression damping adjustability goodness.

And a 2014 factory 450rr rear tank with about 16.5 litres capacity (stock being 12).
    Some fiddling will have to be done with exhaust and muffler as that tank doesnt have the normal cut out for the muffler location. The tank did come with fuel pump, tail light and indicators still on. Bonus.

Quality shed time awaits...... at least I now have decent cat swinging room in shed as a car went yesterday.
    braaap!, Flexo, moto74 and 4 others like this.
  2. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    20200223_175224.jpg 20200223_175210.jpg

So suspension is in..300mm at both ends. Damn it's tall.
    Definitely stiffer yet feels plush just bouncing on it in the shed. Will have to head up bush next weekend and see how it feels. Previously it was really soft and wallowy when pushed, and jumps had to be taken gently so it didn't crash down on landing.
    Fixed a few things in the process... new flasher can and switch block thanks to @striped tomato .
    Was missing an upper right radiator mount bolt... must have fallen out, and a bolt missing from the plastic shroud that the dash sits on bolted to the triple clamp.
    However... the 450 rally tank won't fit without exhaust mods .. something for later.
    With 8 litres in the Evo 1 tanks plus 12 in the rear, still good for 300-320.
    20200222_180606.jpg 20200222_180613.jpg
    moto74 likes this.
  3. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    ^^^ "... just some fuggin spacers... and an oxy... an' a few beers, mate !!!?" :photog :freaky :1drink
  4. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Enough beers were already consumed yesterday.. hence I had to finish it today.
  5. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    a morning coffee... aaaaand into it... :1drink:deal

[​IMG]
    0405canvet likes this.
  6. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
  7. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^^^
    Heavily modified 690r with rally raid and RFR gear on it.
    Want to avoid running a down pipe if I can, means less ground clearance and I can keep using the BnB bashplate Ive got on it.
    AUSSIEADV and bigborett like this.
  8. xrsism

xrsism Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I find a thread going on for 12 pages about general lack of motivation...what is person supposed to think...I read three posts....WTF... stop whinning and just f..king get on with it....
  9. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    I reckon he does pretty well for someone who is lacking the motivation. Imagine if they were XR’s, then there would really be a problem!
    richo360 likes this.
  10. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Surprised you had the energy to read 12 pages, I know I wouldn't.
    But thanks all the same.
  11. xrsism

xrsism Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got 3 posts down on 1st page...meanwhile for those who have will to live.... must go elsewhere....
    richo360 likes this.
  12. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    @xrsism , I have occasional bursts of energy ..
    Pages 7 and 10.
    :)
  13. Simosez

Simosez go ride your bike.

Oddometer:
    3 posts in before giving up certainly qualifies as a general lack of enthusiasm.
    Boxa, bigborett, richo360 and 2 others like this.
  14. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    jardine and PilbaraGoat like this.
  15. PilbaraGoat

PilbaraGoat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In the interests of the greater public good, I’ve jumped into my Yenkro adventure.

can anyone offer wiring ideas - think one supply cable into faring and all accessories run from that

26461619-A87D-4949-A924-CE93831DD2D4.jpeg

Attached Files:

16. Kiwirich

Kiwirich Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey @PilbaraGoat
    I'd suggest several seperate Fuses or even a PDM60 to seperate the circuits.
    Let us know how it goes.

Kiwirich
  17. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Hey there PG... :wave

there is a thread in RACING with tons of rally tower/fairing builds... for ideas and inspiration...

a nuber of inmates here in Oz thta have done similar build who have fabricated their own navigation tower builds... so plenty of people to bounce ideas and ask advice of...

https://advrider.com/f/threads/rallye-navigation-bracket-photo-thread.684282/

In principle; your idea to run one power supply lead forward to the tower... and as Kiwirich said; install a fuse board up front and plug each of the "accessories" from there - is pretty much the usual approach.

Some "accessories" - for example an electric roadbook holder, or the big Irritrack/GPS unit; as used on a Rally bike - will often have a dedicated power lead with own fuse block etc. from the battery... this is because they both individually draw a lot of amps and are critical (non-redundant) functions.

Plenty of nav tower builders and auto electrical types here to give you the details.
  18. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's the approach that Hard Kits take with their supplied loom.
    I ran additional 6mm wires from battery to a 6 way fuse block mounted on the nav tower to run accessory lights, usb power plug, uhf power etc
  19. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cold, raining. Snow on the hills, no riding now for about, 6 weeks since @Mudguts and I went for a fang.
    The couch looked inviting, but no.
    20200502_171052.jpg 20200502_155554.jpg
    You know the saying, 2 steps forward. ..
    A bling set of haan hubs and excel rims, but.... the haan hubs are narrower than the normal 690r hubs, but they come with wider spacers. Yeah, nah. The RFR forks demand a 30mm axle, as against the 690 standard 26mm.
    So I have to find a 30mm ID x 5 mm spacer to go between the lh hub face / rfr spacer and the fork. Or get one machined from alloy. Oh well.
    So moved on and fitted some BnB protection to the SE.
    20200502_171059.jpg

About then, I started getting too cold.
    Couch and a glass of red whilst youngest prepares dinner for me. :)
    Kiwirich likes this.
  20. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    kids are trained well mate.

Sound like EXC hubs Mr Richo!