A general lack of enthusiasm...

Discussion in 'Australia' started by richo360, Sep 13, 2018.

1. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, I do have to go see clients at Bendoc, maybe Ill make it nearly to the coast before it shiarts itself. Whats your address, and can I borrow some tools? Ya better stock the fridge too.
  2. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    I'm trying to do that, have been trying for years.

I usually have three or four projects on the go, but last year I decided to get serious and get rid of everything and have one off road bike, and one for riding to work on.

At the time I had a 525, a 630 and my old Spada (I had managed to get it down to those three after years of trying). Decided to go for a 250 so put the 525 and 630 up for sale and started looking.

Found a Husky WR250 on Ebay and decided to put in a bid (because a two stroke would be fun to have around again) then saw the same bloke had a Husky TE250 up for auction, so I decided to put a bid on that, that way if I missed to power of the bigger bikes I could sell it, and being cheap t shouldn't be a problem to sell.

So I decided not to up my bid on the WR and give a half hearted attempt at getting the TE, and no one else bid so I "won" both...

So I decided I would ride the WR until I got the TE to my liking, found I loved the TE the way it was but wasn't a fan of the WR so it ended up in pieces for a rebuild.

Then the same seller put up an 06 TE250 in pieces, so I bought that, and then I decided I needed a 6 speed gear box for the WR and it was cheaper to pick up another complete bike rather than just a gear box, so I ended up with a WR360 as well.

And then I picked up another Spada to use for spares...

I did manage to sell the 525 and 630 though, so I got rid two bikes and replaced them with 5.:becca

And that's not including the few that I picked up and sold a couple of weeks later because I didn't really want them but bought them anyway just because they were cheap. :shog

But I have a plan to reduce bikes again, I just picked up a KLE that will replace both Spadas, I won't put the 06 TE together so it isn't technically a bike, the 360 can be a "long term project" and I'll sell the WR250 and use that money to buy shiny crap I don't need for the TE so i don't get tempted to buy another bike... (because my wife will divorce me if I show up with another bike before I start building the shed:lol3)
  3. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Gasman_ADV is the opposite.... he can’t leave his bike in one piece.
  4. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Me? I have me own problems :fpalm
    Dukehunt and richo360 like this.
  5. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    You have fecked up by not teaching the girlfriend how to work on your bikes properly.
    Happy Snapper, Mouse and tHEtREV like this.
  6. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Whilst, for a time, I did have the 660rr in her shed, she was under strict instruction not to go near it.
    Kiwirich likes this.
  7. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    The thing is Richo, at the end of the day we aren’t here to do what others expect of us. What you do or not do with your bikes is your business. If you want to buy bikes and sit and look at them, that’s up to you, nobody else. We will always do at least one thing others will judge. Stiff shit.

A lack of motivation? Many causes for that, one being even a small dose of depression which many don’t realise they have. Shame you can’t buy the stuff over the counter. (motivation)
  8. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    I've got one more than you (7), and I solve the problem by only having 2 registered at a time, so they get the attention. The others hold up dust from the floor.
    Andrew2 likes this.
  9. flinders_72

flinders_72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anxiety maybe.
    AUSSIEADV likes this.
  10. gavineakins

gavineakins Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Kiwirich is on the money.

When it's all overwhelming, you have to do *something*.
    Pick an achievable task. Forget the big picture. Do it, feel happy about it.
    Move to next.

It's that simple.

Cheers - Gavin
  11. tripodtiger

tripodtiger Off riding around on bitumen circles.

Oddometer:
    looking for a smaller house & bigger shed.
    Get a heater for the shed.
  12. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    laying on my couch is very achievable.... :jack:clap

Next few weeks I'm aiming to make a start on ..... well, something. Easy jobs first, or actually, I've got to tackle the 450 first, that's what I'm planning on taking to the Dimboola weekend 13th October.
    Kiwirich likes this.
  13. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Yeah but you need a couch in the shed.
  14. Russ

Russ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Also get the fu#* out of Melbourne the weather is the problem, shit in winter , stinking hot in summer, the 10 good days per year are for going out or riding not working on bikes.
    Smitthy and AUSSIEADV like this.
  15. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    It's a disease, an incurable disease.

As someone commented at the club meeting the other night "we've got someone bringing two bikes to the rally, dunno what he's going to do with them tho as he can only ride one at a time".

I'm tossing up whether to radically increase my fleet or not... can't decide if I want the headaches that go with it though, am trying to see if I can delegate that part
  16. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    ha ha ha, someone just send me this:

" Just remember, every corpse on Mt Everest was once a highly trained, highly motivated person.
    Stay lazy my friends "
  17. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    They haven't read "into thin air" in that case... a great read btw, perfect excuse not to look at the workshop. Or dishes.
  18. sidetrack one

sidetrack one Chief Tiddler Supporter

Oddometer:
    14 bikes in the shed only one non runner at the moment, tyres seem to be the big one for me, I need two sets at the moment and fitted a set last week, 5 are registered and I try to share the love!:D
    upload_2018-9-14_15-27-6.jpeg
    Just a taste!!:-)
    My hot rod takes a bit of fettling too!:deal
    [​IMG]
  19. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    Needs more flames....
  20. kipo

kipo South Australian Tiger Resistance Group

Oddometer:
    I know your pain, I've got 7 bikes and there is always something to do.

I think I can help you out, I'll buy the 950 off you for say five grand and that's one less thing you'll have to worry about. Your welcome :lol3
    richo360 likes this.