A good Oman

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by The Blue Kazoo, Apr 1, 2017.

1. dintigger

dintigger n00b

Oddometer:
    Loving your trip write up !! Could you share with me your routes as i am planning a "Tour de Oman"of my own soon :) Thanks!!!
    The Blue Kazoo likes this.
  2. BCBackRoads

BCBackRoads Travels with Gumby

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your report. I always enjoy seeing other parts of the world through other rider's eyes. Especially areas I am unlikely to be able to go to.

Cheers.
  3. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    When I think of Oman motorcycle riding is not something that comes to mind......well it wasn't until I read this report. I used to fly into Masirah Island just of the coast of Oman regularly but never had the chance to see the rest of the country. It looks like some exciting riding and spectacular scenery.

Since I doubt I'll ever get the chance to ride Oman myself I'd like to thank you for posting this. I'm glad you took the time to stop and take all those pictures and then post them here:clap:clap:clap
  4. The Blue Kazoo

The Blue Kazoo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, I didn't have a dedicated GPS route for the trip. I used paper maps and google maps to plan a rough route from UAE to Muscat and back.

I just picked the points of interest I wanted to visit and connected the routes between those areas, pretty basic and old fashioned but it allows for freedom of movement and a sense of exploration. In saying that, I found the following book very useful "Oman Offroad" by Explorer, if you are based in Oman you will find it in many bookstores and even some garages. It has very detailed routes of all areas of interest in Oman. Definitely worth getting.
    I will pin some points of interest together on google maps and send it to you shortly.
  5. The Blue Kazoo

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your reply. I would never have considered a bike tour of Oman myself. I was in a neighbouring country and took advantage of my location. Wherever you are, I bet there are plenty of options to step outside the norm and find a place to explore that I may never set eyes on. Take a trip and post a report for us guys on the other side!
  6. The Blue Kazoo

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the kind reply 'klaviator', sometimes the overlooked locations are the jewels in the crown of adv biking.
    klaviator likes this.