A great company for airsprings for your truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by geolpilot, Nov 8, 2019.

1. geolpilot

geolpilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I installed ride control airsprings by AIR LIFT in my truck 9 years and 65,000 miles ago to carry my bonneville across the back of the truck in a carrier. One of the air bags started leaking, so I contacted the company. They have a lifetime warranty and they are not kidding. They told me that they would send me a new airbag (retails as a replacement for about $80 or more). Then he confirmed that the set was 9 years old and told me that they would send me new ones for both sides at no charge and free shipping. Now, that is one great company.
    Paddle007, Sootgrinder, NoelJ and 2 others like this.
  2. 1Gopokes1

1Gopokes1 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    put them in the rear coils of my 16 dodge 1500 rides so much better
  3. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    I tried them years ago on an older 1/2 ton pu truck with a small flatbed on it. Trying for increased load capacity. I tired of leaks from tiny tubing catching on branches, etc. in the woods and gave up on them and beefed up the springs with metal.
  4. concours

concours WFO for 48 years

Oddometer:
    Sold through J.C. Whitney, in 1971, for the front of a Scout II, to support the Fisher plow.
    Perfect.
  5. MrPulldown

MrPulldown Long timer

Oddometer:
    My experience with my Firestone Ride rite airbags have been very positive as well. 11 years now, and perfect. Haul, 4 wheel, snow, salt... The bags do show a little wear where the 2 sections touch.

Glad to hear that Air Lift is a good company with regards to their warranty. Hope that Firestone is as well if it ever comes to it.
  6. Houstrom46

Houstrom46 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What about air shocks? Easy to install and relatively inexpensive. Years ago when the sport trucks were a thing, I installed a 2/4 drop kit on my '95 GMC Sierra. Put Gabrielle air shocks on the back to keep me from hitting the bump stops when pulling a car trailer & boat. Air them down when unloaded, and pressure them up for a load.
  7. jb882

jb882 13HP of fury.

Oddometer:
    Just be glad you didn’t bust a shock mount. Shocks are not really load carrying so for that application air bags would be way better option.

I had a set of the air lift springs in the front of my old leaf sprung Chevy that I used to plow with to carry the weight of a 10’ plow. worked real well and were trouble free for years.

These days I have factory air suspension in my new ram. Love it, it’s awesome when I put. A load in the bed or hitch the boat to it, it levels right out by itself.
    slime likes this.