A little help from Chicago-landers

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by 12bridn, Jan 5, 2005.

1. 12bridn

12bridn I need throttle therapy

Oddometer:
    I've been looking for a good 2 stroke beater enduro/trailbike. KTM's are too expensive, so I was pretty much limited to KDX's. That is, til I found out about Suzuki's RMX 250. I found a few, but they all are too far away and too expensive to justify travel cost. This one is in Frankfort, IL, and is at a pretty low price with a day and change left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4516034560&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Is anyone near there and can take a quick look at it for me? It seems to be in okay shape, but the pipe is dinged up. The pics make it hard to tell the overall condition of it. If you can take a gander at it, let me know, if not no big deal.

I know this is short notice, but thanks in advance.

BTW, if you help me out, I got a few brewskies for ya, either when I pick it up or at TJDDDWAAANSMIASMJNACAW.
  2. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't mind taking a look at it for you but the auction will be over before I get a chance to get down there (we got lots of snow right now). You're right, from what you can see it doesn't look too bad. Perhaps if you ask the seller, he might take some more pictures for you.

Wish I could be of more help - Dave.
  3. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the thought Dave. I have asked him for pics, but haven't heard back. The seller is probably busy. I really want a gut-check opinion from someone who has seen it in person and heard it run.
  4. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    I used to have an RMX. Nice bike. Mine was a '93 I think.If that falls through I would be willing to sell you my '96 CR250. It runs like a top. put in a heavy flywheel and tune the suspension for trails and it would be a great trail bike. It has roost deflectors, skid plate and procircuit spark arrestor silencer and pipe. If interested I'll send pics and info...
  5. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the offer skadamo, but I really want the lights. I don't stop riding when the sun goes down, especially when it gets dark at 5 like it does now. I would rather start with an enduro/trail bike than try to make a motocrosser into something what it isn't, ya know?

Skadamo, isn't that an enrique Iglesies song:

Skadamo! Let the rhythm take you over, Skadamo! :lol3

Yer going to TJDDDWAAANSMIASMJNACAW aren't ya? :ear
  6. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    I don't know whether top put a :rofl or a :flip

That is damn funny though.

I hear you on the light. Go for an RMX.

I was planning on the TJDDDWAAANSMIASMJNACAW but now my shoulder is dislocated. Can't use it for 3 weeks at least. who knows, maybe I'll untuck by then.:lol3
  7. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    I'm actually ashamed to know that many lyrics to the song. :lol3

You can come down anyway and hang with Skinner. Bring an AC inverter, TV and Xbox, and you guys can play ATV offroad fury at the farm. Or you can hold the roadkill while he cleans it.

I just got back from having a few beers with a motocross buddy. He knows a guy who bought a 300exc and has had his RMX sitting in a barn for a year or so. I actually rode with the guy once, so I may luck out on this deal...
  8. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    C'mon skads. We can meet the boys for lunch etc. I'll pick you up on the way down. We could motor on out early Sat.AM or late Friday, or early Friday, or Thursday, heck, lets go now and get a jump on things.
  9. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    oops soory about the highjack.

Who can test that bike!
  10. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    Hey, he says it runs great, if it does not, do not pay.

looks like a good deal for anything that runs. Good luck, let us know what comes of it.
  11. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    I hope it stays where it's at. He lowered the reserve, so he looks anxious to dump it. :thumb
  12. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    Cool man, I will try to make it and ride down with you. I could at least get some target shooting in and ride vicariously threw the crew. :thumb Cold weather camping sounds fun too. I'll be the fire wood byatch.:pierce

Let me be sure I can make it...

12bird,
    check this out...
    http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/5/5/76556855.htm
    Not trying to persuade you, just sharing. Never saw a street legal 2stroke MXer. I want to make mine legal now. Then I'd never sell that thing. I hate selling bikes.
  13. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    There was a KTM 360 EXC in Louisville for sale a while back, street legal and tagged. :tb
  14. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    I hope you get that RMX! wish I could help you with the test drive. Come on lurkers, help 12 out!!
  15. LIP

LIP Open Mouth and insert LEG

Oddometer:
    This is further from me than Milwaukee, WI. Prolly close to 2 hours South

Sorry 12. I think that there are some chaingolians out South though.

LIP
  16. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    I think its gonna go too high anyway. We'll see. Thanks for responding though, at least I know you would help if ya could.
  17. 12bridn

Oddometer:
    1250.00 sight unseen for a bike 6 hours away is a bit too high... oh well.