A long So. Cal day

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Greg Minor, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Greg Minor

Greg Minor The Trespasser

Oddometer:
    Anyone up for a long ride Sat Oct 16th. I'm thinking of going up to Kennedy meadows via the nine mile canyon from the 395 side My plan is to leave Escondido early Sat Am go up 15 to the 138 then over 2 to big pine and back down to palmdale then up the 14 to 395 to the obscure nine mile canyon Rd once we get up there we can explore some dirt roads for an hour or two depending on the time we get there which can be about 11:30 if we don't dilly dally around then we can either go all the way over to the Kern river and head back down to bakersfield and blast home from there 500 to 600 miles from my home town of Escondido I will leave around 6 Am There are option routes ( like 178 instead of Nine mile canyon) we can take if anyone is up for a long ride while we still have some daylight left
  2. billy bee

billy bee AAdventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Greg:

Did not want you to think we were ignoring you. Sounds like a great ride, however, I cannot make it. I have a buddy's 40th birthday party to attend...crap he is old.

Hope you have a safe, fun ride.

Bill B
  3. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Might be fun...

Let me check it out on a map tonight.
  4. dapolrbear

dapolrbear Buddah Head Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ohh sounds like a nice route.....haven't touched my bike since the Baby Butt Rally from 2 weeks ago.....too bad I gotta work this Sat. :cry

Next time. :thumb
  5. luv

luv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All Sats are out for me - bugger it sounded like fun.
  6. Superannuated

Superannuated Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Greg:

Sounds like fun, but I'm booked Saturday. [​IMG]

Next time.

Have fun this time.

Superannuated
  7. Greg Minor

Oddometer:
    Just let me know I was wanting to do the part of the Angeles forest of of State route 2 but most everything is closed up that way due to fire concerns I suspect you could meet me in Big Pine or down in Palmdale
  8. Greg Minor

Oddometer:
    I'm also trying to decide if this is more of a street ride that I would run my 17/19" wheels with my Anakee tires which will limit the amount of off road riding I do when I get up there. So many good paved roads up and down that area
  9. Greg Minor

Oddometer:
    Well Anders joined me I ened up riding 638 Miles. I rode all the way up there to get into an area called Jackass meadows only to have to turn back as my bike was overheating once I got off the pavement due to a head gasket problem We had a great time anyway It was a bit windy as this storm was blowing in Maybe anders will post some pictures in a ride report There is some nice dual sport riding up and over Kennady meadows and around Lake Isabell
  10. billy bee

billy bee AAdventurer

Oddometer:
    Greg:

Heard they were getting some snow this last weekend. A few of us are headed up this coming weekend to stay in a friend's cabin and ride that area north of Kernville. I am going to keep tabs with the USFS. They said they may close the area down...

Anyway, we could certainly use a ride report of that OHV area. We mostly want to avoid the tough trails and are hoping for some good fire roads. What's your advice?

Bill
  11. Greg Minor

Oddometer:
    Well Like I said I was not able to do much exploring as my bike was acting up There are several routes that you should be okay on get a good map and stick to the US forest roads which there are lots of I saw a interesting road that took of shortly after you start to head up Sherman pass There should be lots of big big stuff up that way. I have no smugmug account so I can't post pictures.