A Month In The PHILIPPINES!!

Discussion in 'Asia' started by iSAW, Sep 14, 2010.

1. iSAW

iSAW Whats this lever do?

Oddometer:
    Wow what a insane last few days! The dirt track from tabuk to bontoc was some of the best and hardest I've ever done, the rain and constant landslides made it even.more fun!!

Finally met up with Herc in sagada last night, and after a emergency chain replacement and a few tweaks to our trusty rentals we started on the beers. Sagada is suffering a shortage of San mig lights after our visit, so be pre warned!

Anyway after the curfew we rose early and rode though MT Dee and then along to Baguio where we were planning on staying, but like all good holidays we changed plans and rode the last 150 in the rain (again) back to Angeles for a bit of a party and rooster free sleep

Herc thanks again! Cannot say it enough
  2. Hercules

Hercules "Proudly Philippine Made"

Oddometer:

As i always say..... eveything is under controll!

[​IMG]
  3. Hercules

Oddometer:
    When it rains in the Mountain side, landslide become a natural phenomenon.....

It was another boring ride to Sagada. Nothing spectacular, just the same old banana... :huh

We arrived at Sagada about past 3pm intime for the cold beers. :freaky

Below were the some boring stuff we did going up..... :w

A freshly poured landslide when we passed about 12kms to Bontoc after Mt. Polis, when we passed last Sat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So we had no choice and can't wait for the clearing to be finished. The cold beers were waiting at Sagada.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/quote]
  4. stampedeblue

stampedeblue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah right guys, that ride was full of excitement ...

Its my first time to bring my DR too in Sagada. First time I tried was 2007 but there's a huge landslide 16kms before Banaue. Got no choice but to go back since its getting dark and no easy chance of clearing the road back then.
  5. Hercules

Oddometer:
    It has been almost 3 weeks since I took my big machines out for a long ride. I was getting irratative, short tempered and hot headed when I ride my scoot around as a daily commuter. Full throttling with in and out traffic weaving was becoming habit..... that's dangerous! :tdwn The need to ride was making itself known. After All Soul's Day, November 2 (Tuesday), I decided to go on a long trip up North on that weekend

I originally planned to ride on solo to Sagada to meet up with the two foriegn ADVrider (that I never met) who has been riding the country on rented bikes for 10 days already. I have been assisting them thru phone text and calls. They were already on the last leg of the tour. Wanted to meet up with them when they started but they were in San Juan, La Union going further up North doing a clockwise Luzon Loop. They ended up in Tugegarao and entered Tabuk, Kalinga Apayao heading to Sagada. What great timing! They will be at Sagda on a weekend :clap

My new was prepped and ready to take me anywhere I want. A day before, I sent a text blast invitation to my rider friends and two of them replied... "that's a long ride and tomorrow already?" . I calmly replied "yes" and and to my surprise the said "let's go see you at take off after 4am". My ride buddied rockjock and Stampedblue are always ready for a long and hard ride at a snap of a finger! :nuts

The weather has been rainy up North and dry in Manila. When Friday came, it started to rain hard in Manila, but the North Luzon Intell connection has been updaing me of good waether in their area.
    It was time to :ride

Saturday 330hrs, the moon was shinning and no clouds in the sky. Met up at Petron NLEX and took off to the "SAGADAN Adventure weekend"

We took off about 5:30am. Using a big machine give a rider confidence that they can cover more distance with a shorter time travel.

List of Riders:
    1. Herc - Ducati Multistrada 1000DS
    2. Rockjock & Nona - Ducati Multistrada 1200
    3. Stampedeblue - Suzuki DR750 Big

After doing about 300kms in Dalton Pass at the boundary of Nueva Ecija and Nueva Vizcaya, the rains started to pour. It always rains in that area being up in the mountains, that's normal. We continued for about 8kms till we reach the town of Santa Fe, than they decided to put in some rain gears on.

9:00am: Taken at Total gas station beside's Mrs. Gaddi's restaurant in Santa Fe, Nueva Vizcaya...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rains stopped after 12-15kms of putting it on. hahahaha, I never bring rain gears, bacause when you stop to put it on, the rain will stop too. Bummer! We stopped at G&B Buko Pie to have brunch :eat and get some Buko (Coconut) Pies. And continued on...

12:15pm: The group arrives at the sunny and dry Banaue Welcome Arc for some Photo ops. That's about 14kms to the heart of Banaue Downtown.

[​IMG]
  6. Hercules

Oddometer:
    We stopped at Las Vegas Restaurant in Banaue downtown for a breather with a couple of brown bottles to relax. That was the time I had cellphone signal learned that the 2 ADVriders went straight up to Sagada from Bontoc. They also asked me to get a new chain for the XR200 coz the chain installed already useless. I replied to them ok and we will be there shortly. And to keep the beers cold. :drunk

Left Banaue and headed to Bontoc. I too, already informed the Bontoc local Intell connection that I needed a new chain for the XR200 and to have is ready for a quick stop, pay and pick up. Along the Banaue to Bontoc road, just right after Mt. Polis and the boundary of Bayo. We saw this..... first hurdle at 2:00pm

[​IMG]

And this is the front view of that shot...
    [​IMG].

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had no time to wait for the clearing to finish. Specially knowing that the cold beers in Sagada are endagered species and slowly deminishing by iSAW and his mate (that we never met yet since they arrived). We had no choice but to cross it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Hercules

Oddometer:
    The picture of the machines used for this trip at the dawn before take off at a gas station......

2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S

[​IMG]

2004 Ducati Multistrada 1000DS

[​IMG]

Suzuki DR 750 Big

[​IMG]
  8. Hercules

Oddometer:
    Banawe already nice local art works.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Hercules

Oddometer:
    Arrived 3pm sagada nice slippery ride .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. stampedeblue

stampedeblue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    more more more
  11. Hercules

Oddometer:

As you wish my "SAGADAN" ride brother! :evil

Finally Sagada by 3pm for the "Afternoon Delight" :drunk

The bike's parked in front of Grandma's Inn and restaurant. BTW, that's Darcee, the Canadian, the buddy of iSAW. ADVriders riding the Phils

[​IMG]

We had to re arrange it remove the small bikes out

[​IMG]

Inside goes the small bikes

[​IMG]

Because the big bus plying Sagada to Baguio passes the same small road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Hercules

Oddometer:
    Good Morning Sagada!

5:37AM Sunrise
    [​IMG]

5:52am Sunrise
    [​IMG]
  13. Mountain Cruiser

Mountain Cruiser Banned

Oddometer:
    Ha,ha.... that's what happens to me when I put my rain gear on, it stops raining. Now I pretty much just ride right through it wearing quick drying shirt and shorts under my mesh jacket and pants. I don't put the rain liners on unless it is going to be an all day type rain and sometimes not even then.

I love G&Bs. My standard order is a pancit cabagan, fresh buko juice and three pies to go.

Looks like a great ride. 3 1/2 hours from Petron NLEX to Santa Fe? You guys must of been moving out.

Riceman
  14. Hercules

Oddometer:

So true on the rain gear stuff... Althought I bring it for emergency purposes, but do not use it. Quick drying shirts like off road jerseys are much preffered.

Same order for me with G & B, althought I have 6 pies to go. :evil
    File pix taken last April 2010

This place serves buko (coconut) cheese pie, fresh buko juice, and pancit cabagan. All delicious! :eat
    [​IMG]

And yes, we were moving out.... "Pre-Ironman" training. :D Off course, knowing that the beers in Sagada were waiting, we had to haul a$$
  15. gsblue

gsblue i'm undertall...

Oddometer:
    Great ride boys! :freaky

I was so inspired that I went out and started the bikes.... then went back behind the PC to work. :(:
  16. Hercules

Oddometer:

Hahahaha... LOL :lol3 .

Sige let's do an easy ride up and down to Sagada on Nov 20-21st? Will bring the 640 Adv. Maybe Ricey want to join us too. :1drink
  17. Hercules

Oddometer:
    Adn finally.... The stars of this thread!

iSAW and Darcee :clap

[​IMG]

iSAW

[​IMG]

Darcee & friend

[​IMG]
  18. Mountain Cruiser

Mountain Cruiser Banned

Oddometer:
    I'd love to, but unfortunately I'm going back to sea in a couple of days. I'll be back in March when I intend to spend as much time as I can get away with riding in the Cordillera Mountains...... so just give me a rain check and we'll hit it then.:freaky

Riceman
  19. Hercules

Oddometer:
    It's ok, there will be a next time. .
    Looking forward to some :freaky with you too.
    Anywhere in Manila or in the Cordilleras. :evil
  20. iSAW

iSAW Whats this lever do?

Oddometer:
    Wow nice thread herc!!!! Sounds like you guys had quite the ride up the mountain!! At least going across the tops was a little easier and no rain. The view was spectacular the whole way through, although a front tyre with not one, but two leaks made some of the hairpins a little more interesting than usual. They were the only leaks of the whole trip so I think I'm lucky.

I'll do a whole ride report when I get home in a few weeks, in the mean time relaxing In boracy will have to do :cheers:clap :rofl :freaky