A ride report 19+ years in the making. A Father and Son's Tenere Adventure.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by lacofdfireman, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer:
    Great update!
    Thanks
  2. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Day 5- Panguitch, UT to St. George, UT (Home)

Today would be our shortest day but also another day of scenic views. We decided once again to take the long way home and take highway 89 from Panguitch to Mt. Carmel Junction then over across to Zion National Park and home. Going this way we could also go through the nearly mile long tunnel which I had never done on on a motorcycle and it didn’t disappoint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Off towards the East entrance to Zion National Park

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once we got in the park the views were spectacular.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even saw some goats just chillin on the cliffs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tunnels are super cool. Carved out of the rocks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once we got through Zion it’s not far from home. We are only about 40 miles from Zion. This was an Epic trip for me and my Boys. A trip my boys and I will not soon forget. Hoping this is the start to many adventures with my boys. Also hoping one day to include my wife and daughter on some trips like this as I really think they would have enjoyed it also.

One last shot of my son pulling into our driveway at home.

[​IMG]

One thing I learned about doing this ride report. Don’t wait for 6 months to do it. It was a pain to find all the pics and remember where I took them. Next time I think I’ll try and do it every night of the trip and just do a short recap of the day with pics. Would have made this so much easier. But I finally got it done. This Trip is over but more Adventures are on the horizon for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    benedikt.m, Solo Gato and Kidder like this.
  3. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the great family adventure!
  4. VikingTX

VikingTX n00b

Oddometer:
    Awesome ride report. Thanks very much!
  5. smalls78

smalls78 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing the adventure.
  6. cmcteir

cmcteir Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I really enjoyed that - thank you for sharing :clap
  7. john.giovenco.54

john.giovenco.54 n00b

Oddometer:
    That was awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. CamoColton

CamoColton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad to see fellow Super Tenere's out and about.

Great ride report!!
  9. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    What a great ride report! You are a very blessed man to be on the road on 2 wheels with both your sons. Life is good!

Eric
  10. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
    Just came across this ride report that I had done with my boys. A few months after getting home my Son Sold his Tenere to help pay for some schooling and I wondered if we’d ever do another trip like this again.

Here it is about 2 years later and my sone is now a Full Time Fireman for St. George, City Fire Department and just bought an 09 BMW R1200 GSA. Great bike. Time to plan another adventure. And I’m itching to pull the trigger on a new 1250 GSA. I told myself after owning 3 GSA’s in the past that I’d never go back after riding this Tenere but a new 1250 GSA will be in my garage someday within the next year guaranteed. That bike just checks all the boxes of what I want in an Motorcycle. Dream bike for sure.

Here is my Son’s 09. He got a great deal on it.

IMG_5224.jpg
    Solo Gato, Bob and WVhillbilly like this.
  11. duaneb

duaneb n00b

Oddometer:
    Nice ride report... I've finally got my son and daughter (21 and 19) both on capable bikes this year (they grew up riding dirt bikes, which we still have). I've always travelled solo, but we have our first trip planned this coming August to visit Acadia State park near Bar Harbor, Maine... and beyond. We won't have any agenda when we ride either, just some gear strapped to the bikes and a week of riding wherever the road takes us. I can't wait to do this with my kids, they feel the same. We'll be riding a ZZR1200 (mine), ZZR600 (daughter), and an FZ8 Fazer (son). We've got a couple of street-plated Betas for the more local exploring and riding, but they are 99% dirt bikes.
  12. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
    Awesome. Your going to have the time of your life. There is nothing more fun than spending time like this with your kids. And on Motorcycles it makes it an even cooler experience. Make sure you have some good helmet coms for your trip so you can communicate while riding. That was a really fun part of it for me.
  13. Pdrhound

Pdrhound Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Two words

Gateway Colorado
  14. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
    My youngest is turning 16 in November. Time to start thinking about getting him a bike so we can do another adventure like this. It was so much fun.
    Bob, Solo Gato and WVhillbilly like this.
  15. MichaelJ

MichaelJ Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Didja clip a playing card to the fork leg with a clothespin so that it made "motor" noises while you rode? I went through a LOT of cards.

My kids on the Neufenen Pass in June of 2003. It's been far too long since we rode together and now they're mid career with their own families, so opportunities just don't seem to exist to do it again.

[​IMG]
    fastring and Solo Gato like this.