A ride without a destination

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by wittyusername, Sep 7, 2019.

1. wittyusername

wittyusername This is the spot for my custom title

Oddometer:
    I'm gearing up for a long ride. I don't have a specific destination...only a list of things I want to see and experience. I don't know how long I'll be gone. Hopefully long enough to forget the life I'm leaving.

I plan to use this time to write about the sights, experiences, and beauty along the journey. I also plan to write about my life. I've realized that I've lived an extraordinary unique life. Some of you might enjoy reading about my unique life. But, mostly this is for me.

I feel like I've been treading water in a hurricane since 9/11. My arms are tired and it's time to take a long break.There's nothing like a ride without a destination to help bring one's life back to center.

I'm not one to play the victim card but, God, things spun out of control fast. How did my life turn out like this? I've done the right thing all my life. Yet, I'm a 41 year old combat veteran who's starting his life over.

I hope reconnect with myself and discover a life worth living.

IMG_7265.jpg
  2. TacomaJD

TacomaJD Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A good ride to clear one's head and reflect on the life he leads is certainly a proven medicine. Enjoy your journey, and learn to enjoy the bigger journey, as it's the only one you get. Looking forward to ride updates. Oh, and nice bike! B)
    Drybones likes this.