A riding tour to the North Shore of O’ahu, from Kane’ohe to Hale’iwa. **PHOTO HEAVY**

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Snapper33, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Snapper33

Snapper33 Globetrotter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Comrade Art, will do. More soon....
  2. Snapper33

Oddometer:
    It's been close to six months since I posted here. I had an almost catastrophic event; a virus hit my computer hard drive and moved all of my photos to my TRASH bin. I couldn't find the photos anywhere and I was panicking. I finally checked my TRASH bin and found all 70,000+ photos in there. How many times have we just purged our TRASH without looking first? I got lucky. It's taken me six months to resort my photos, so now we continue...

DSC_0372.JPG

Citroen van advertises for the market place at the Polynesian Cultural Center.

DSC_0678.JPG

Right around the corner is Brigham Young University Hawai’i.

DSC_0679.JPG

BYU Hawai’i is colorful in all of it’s regalia. Beautiful campus!

DSC_0681.JPG

Laie Hawai’i Temple; the Oahu Mormon Temple
  3. LewisNClark

LewisNClark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Was stationed at Fort Shafter for 2 yrs in the Army. Was back there a couple of months ago and found not much has changed since 1972. North shore was a weekend ride or Ha'anuma Bay to snorkel. Thanks for sharing memories.
  4. Snapper33

Oddometer:
    LewisNClark, glad you are enjoying it. I'm slowly working my way to Haleiwa in this thread, check back if you'd like. Once complete with this, I'll photojounal Kaneohe to South Shore all the way 'round to Diamond Head.
  5. SicknTwisted

SicknTwisted n00b

Oddometer:
    When I was stationed at Schofield Barracks I rode my 82 Yamaha Seca around the island. Clutch cable snapped in Kaneoa lol. It was a memorable experience to say the least. You brought back memories thank you
  6. Snapper33

Oddometer:
    SicknTwisted,

Glad you are enjoying it. I also have an ‘82 Seca 550; I love it. I’m on my last assignment here. I retire summer of ‘21 w/ 35 years completed. Can’t wait to return CONUS and start my ADV rides.