A riding tour to the North Shore of O’ahu, from Kane’ohe to Hale’iwa. **PHOTO HEAVY**

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Snapper33, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Snapper33

Snapper33 Globetrotter Supporter

Oddometer:
    1.jpg
    I do not surf. I've attempted it in California, but I am no good at it. After talking to many people, the strong recommendation for beginners is to attend Surf School. In Haleiwa there are several to choose from.

2.jpg
    Surf school in session.

3.jpg
    Kid in surf school catches a wave.

4.jpg
    Local souvenir shop and refreshment location.
    Sandspit and TM1(SS) like this.
  2. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    I hadn't noticed the souvenir shop. The two gals on the left had my full attention. :D
  3. Sandspit

Sandspit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very nice pictures, been on those roads many times over the last decade. How about some pics of the MX Track above Velzyland?
    Give surfing another shot, one of two things will happen.

1) Steep learning curve and a ton of exercise required (constant paddling vs little riding) will make you say it is not worth the effort.
    -OR-
    2) You get "it" and your life changes forever, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS BUT SWELL FORECAST; everything else in life becomes second (job, Girlfriends/wife, family gatherings, Weddings, DR appts, vacations, etc), The Buoy reports will be the most important thing when you wake, you will become a professor on wind direction and weather systems.....be careful you could alter your life style forever....Happened to me and to many others.
  4. Snapper33

Oddometer:
    Sandspit: If I get out to the MX track, I'll take/post some photos for sure.
    I have to stay with option 1 as airplane flying has taken all of option 2: same crack-effect. Ha!
    TM1(SS) and Sandspit like this.
  5. Sandspit

Sandspit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So ca we expect some Glider port pictures as well???
    Loved camping across the street at the campground..hanging and watching the sky divers and gliders
    TM1(SS) likes this.
  6. Snapper33

Oddometer:
    1.jpg
    This is a typical Hawaiian plate lunch. Plate lunches can be in a Styrofoam package, on a paper plate, or on a real plate at a sit-down restaurant. Plate lunches typically have Huli chicken, pulled pork, or even Poke (raw fish), side of rice and potato-macaroni. I parked the TW near the open-pit BBQ one day and had this for lunch.

2.jpg
    Breaker's Restaurant and Bar. NOT recommended.

3.jpg
    This is the Haleiwa food truck commonage. For people not interested in sit-down dining, these food trucks cook good, fresh foods. Tacos, shrimp, pulled pork, gyros etc...

4.jpg
    Red Barn Farmstand. Here you can buy any of the local crops. Papaya, coconut, star fruit, mango, purple (Okinawan) potatoes; the list is long. They also have a short-order cafe with rotational food offerings and great coffee. Highly recommended.
    RedDogAlberta and TM1(SS) like this.
  7. Snapper33

Oddometer:
    5.jpg
    Venus and I had Killer Tacos on one trip. They were good!

6.jpg
    Each restaurant has an outside bar for people watchers.

Thanks for riding along with me. The purpose of this thread is to take you on a ride-by of Kamehameha Highway, pointing out some of the attractions, stops, local hang-outs. This is the dime-tour, there is no way that I can do justice to how much there is to see and do.
    TM1(SS) and BillUA like this.
  8. TM1(SS)

TM1(SS) Matthew 24:36, Ride today, ride now :-) Supporter

Oddometer:
    All MOST Excellent!!!
  9. Snapper33

Oddometer:
    Sandspit: ah yes, I will have to come back here and add some Dillingham airfiled phots. Thanks for the reminder. Tell your dad "thanks".
    TM1(SS): Glad you like it!
    Sandspit and TM1(SS) like this.
  10. rkover1

rkover1 doc

Oddometer:
    Boy, the old Jameson's sure has changed!

doc