A senior Citizen keeps on riding ---

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by C50T, Mar 7, 2019.

1. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ride forever my Senior friend. You are a inspiration to many. Me being one of them. I am a young 67 who has ridden for over 55 years. Ride Long. Ride Safe....
    WRC51 likes this.
  2. radmann10

radmann10 Fred

Oddometer:
    Age doesn't matter....I read a quote somewhere that says:

Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing!
    Oliver Wendall Holmes
    WRC51 likes this.
  3. Perazzi

Perazzi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, at 73 my f750GS may very well be my last bike. Chose it carefully, ride it the same. I'm much more interested in the scenery and comraderie than draggin pegs. Am blessed with good health and hope to be riding for many more moons. Ride safe and you are always welcome in the empty chair at my table.

Cheers!
    wadethewanderer and NxtGoRnd like this.
  4. motofshr

motofshr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I enjoyed reading your post (IMO not too long)
    after a hiatus, at 64 I got back into riding, and have been lucky enough to rent and ride on a few trips in SE Asia, and plan to continue...
    I've always like the old credo, Ride to live - Live to ride
    Hope Spring arrives to your neck of the woods soon....Ride on..
  5. BigSky!

BigSky! Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will make one recommendation. Don't take 287 twice. On your trip to Lewis and Clark Caverns continue on the interstate past Helena south and exit at Boulder. Take the Boulder highway (69) south to Cardwell and to the caverns. It's a much more beautiful highway and drive. It's a good paved road following the river valley the whole way. It is a gorgeous drive and much better than 287. Taking 287 on your return makes sense as you intend to head east and north there. By the way, there is a section of highway 12 just east of Townsend, going through the mountains on the way to highway 89 that is about 10 miles in length that will get your attention. If more people knew about it, it would probably be rated as one of the top 5 motorcycle rides in the country. Lots of twisties, along a mountain stream, with rock walls and mountains. It is what most here dream of driving. Good luck and enjoy your trip.
  6. C50T

C50T Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I checked that out - good idea - thanks.
  7. radmann10

radmann10 Fred

Oddometer:
    Good to know, I'm riding that area this summer!