A Step in the Right Direction...

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by The Fist, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Taki

Taki Waiting for Godot

Oddometer:
  2. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    I have no issue with riding without a helmet if you are responsible enough not to leave dependants and/or medical bills behind. But when my taxes increase because the poor children have to live on state funds cuz some jagoff didn't need no dang helmet, AND my insurance rates rise, well then I do care. The law isnt designed to save these morons from themselves, the law is there to protect me and you from the financial risk they leave behind. When I talk to people my age (young and very stoopid) they have no idea about helmets, cuz they do't see anyone using them around here. The law would at least bring the topic up more often in new riders. Wanna fight a law? read the patriot act, thats some scary shit.
  3. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    So, ponder this.

Will you die quicker foe lack of helmet, or will you stay on life support longer for crashing with the helmet on and just breaking your spine etc.

I know the smaller crashes can f you up good with a small head injury, but the controversy is over the idiots flying down the highway, with no brains in their head anyway.

Perhaps some of the recent accident victims would have lived, but as vegtables. That is where the costs are that we have been debating.

Darwinism at its finest!
  4. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:

When your taxes increase?
    When was the last time that happened? personally I have been paying less and from a casual observation there seems to be more motorcycles on the road than ever before.

Insurance rates rise?
    If you are talking about auto insurance, My personal experience has been that anytime I have had a significant increase in premium it was do to some careless accident or violation on my part.

Do you think if a helmet law is passed you are going to see a significant decrease in your motorcycle premium? how about your tax rate?

This law as stated by the Fist seems to be another way to generate revenue. are the funds from helmet tickets going to be apportioned to the dipshit without a helmet childcare relief fund?

Its pretty easy to identify the guilty and slap the hundred then two hundred dollar revenue. what has that solved? or who has it saved.how will it lower your taxes or insurance?

Im not fighting a law per say, just expressing an opinion.

Patriot act scary? you bet your ass it is.
    do I agree or support it? absolutely not.

Hi ya Joe
    Hows your leg?
  5. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:

there needs to be a test.
    a person should have to be able to operate a motorcyle at a significant skill level before ever being allowed onto the open road. :nod
    and so I propose

the classroom time should be significant, with plenty of gory footage from the E.R. :puke1
    Only after reaching a skill level set by the likes of the chaingolian riders guild will an Illinois moto probate be allowed to ride a motorcycle of no more than 250 detuned ccs :cry
    after at least 60 hrs of instructional road time, the to be rider must do a solo ride of at least 1000 miles on gravel :evil . then he/ she shall be allowed to upgrade to a larger motorcycle of not more than 650cc. :ricky
    After completeing significantly more stringent training and education at this level he/she will be required to pass an extreme skills test that will last at least 4 days.
    after passing this test the rider will then be allowed carry a consenting passenger.

any posers left?
  6. motojoe

Oddometer:
    Leg is good I am walking now, like a total gimp but walking as of today :D

bikes are looking pretty persuasive sitting in the garage, might have to strap the okleys and some flip flops and go for a ride to celebrate the fact that yall have won the argument on helmet laws :D

I concede, your point of the difference being less than significant is well taken.

Hope I can pass the new tests we are talking about ....how many hours do you get for the 1000 miles gravel?
  7. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think 2 - 14 hr days should be sufficient :evil

Walking :thumb :freaky
    Thats great. I am allways amazed how the body is able to heal. Im sure your attitude and ambition have alot to do with it

flip flops and oakleys :huh I wouldnt leave the garage without a do rag and fingerless gloves :lol3

Full armor, helmet,gloves and boots will be mandatory for the entire riding coarse, including classroom hours :deal
    after coarse completeion you will be free to choose.

The spring ride Im happy to say will be as scheduled as we are not moving to the lake. Any date requests?

cheers
    chain
  8. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    Sorry the Marina plan didn't work outI am in for the srping trip, I'll look at my calendar ASAP. I will be chomping at the bit pretty hard by then.

I just missed my hunting trip that was scheduled for this week. That minor toothache I was medicating wih whiskey and iboprofen turned into a tears to your eyes toothache Thursday night/Friday morning at about three.

The fact that I am giant pussy when it comes to dentits did not help, buy the guy who did the work was great.

Had to get four wisdom teeth yanked Friday so here I sit in front advrider wishriding. Missing the trip really sucked but I can't say a single bad thing about Demerol, this stuff rules. If don't need anymore of the good stuff by tomorrow I may try to get in a day ride.

Are we thinking around late April, like last time, for the Spring ride?I'll try now to block out the last two weeks in April and the first two in May (that is the projected timeframe isn't?).

Joe, Glad to you are crutch free. Now I have another one of the Freeman boys to try to keep up with.

Chain,My wife blew up our home computer soon after I got back and I am living off the laptop. When we get our computer back I'll get you those parts CD's. dave
  9. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    Yes, I claim Mutineer for my date!:freaky
  10. motojoe

Oddometer:
    I am in, spring and for us crazies a winter ride as well.

walking around today I didn't ride yet. Really I didn't gear up and cruise the neighborhood, really :D
  11. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    :rofl
    Mute will make you a fine date skinner
    son
    that aint no kid
    thats a cocktail waitress in a dolly parton wig
    I said I know it dad aint she cool? thats the kind I dig

first weekend in April
    Friday is 4-1
  12. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:

I'm up for a winter ride. are you talkin ice races and bonfires or actually going somewhere?
    bring yer own studs :evil
  13. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    Just blocked that April weekend off and the next two just in case.

Skinner,
    Do I get to lead when we dance?
  14. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    buncha sorry ff sittin around on a beautiful Sat afternoon bench racing :lol3

My excuse
    the Dakar has no rear wheel till the bearings arrive next week

Im packing tools and personals to go Omaha tomorrow.

Mutineer has toothache :cry

Motojoe is busted up :kurt
    what your deal skinner? :whip
  15. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    Setting appointments to show homes to buyers tommorrow.
  16. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    NO
  17. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:

ugh...........work :bluduh