A World Of Dirt...On A 500exc

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by rtwpaul, Apr 14, 2019.

1. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    Paul,
    One more supporter of your great writing and photography here. I really look forward to your updates and please know that your hard work and time are truly appreciated!
    Ignore the negative comments best you can, those people are not worth a 2nd thought.
    Safe travels.
    Folly1 and scudo like this.
  2. HandCanonShootr

HandCanonShootr Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    .... and yet another who has appreciated your pictures, descriptions, destinations, moto & personal-evolutions, and most of all the immense effort to constantly post such great, positive threads.

Enjoyed every pic & page.
    Thanks
    Mike B
    GringoRider, scudo and Geezerguy like this.
  3. HeliMark

HeliMark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    First thread I look for when I log on to the forum. One of the quiet ones who appreciates the effort you put in to write this, and other threads. Your writing, and especially the pictures are awesome, and thank you for sharing your talent with us here.
  4. Killacurb

Killacurb Dad

Oddometer:
    Just one more here to give you props Paul. You truly have a gift with bikes, photography and the written word. It will be a sad day if your not around here anymore. But, if by some sad chance you end up exiting here just know you have a large following that will tag along on all your adventures, wherever you may go. Cheers brother :beer
  5. cliffb

cliffb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I agree that your pictures, storytelling, and adventures are my first stop when I log on to this site. I hope you won't be driven away by a few misguided individuals. Unfortunately I have seen the few mess things up for the many before. I hope you know that most of us are in awe of your work. Please keep posting here.
    nomeranger7 and JagLite like this.
  6. ricochetrider

ricochetrider MotoMojo

Oddometer:
    Well Paul, your comment is a valid reaction to that unfortunate fact that The Internet has become a place where bullshit has replaced actual experience and expertise is often overridden by self "informed" misinformation. This happens not only in the front page comment section of this website- but all over the internet, all the time.

Turns out that the intent is killing the... internet. At least the fun of it.
    But a couple dickheads out of thousands of avid readers & followers isn't the end-all... or rather, IN MY OPINION... shouldn't be.

Ya know man, if the sun sets on your ride reporting tonight and you never post another word... that would be sad- BUT you've certainly gone WAY above & beyond, in all the years of writing and posting. If you dropped out, it could almost be seen as retirement. And it'd be understandable if not tragic! :D

Maybe you could go "old school" and post your ride report in a... dare I say it....

blog :photog

on your Website :imaposer

:hide
    Folly1, T3/T4 Hybrid, Don T and 2 others like this.
  7. dnrobertson

dnrobertson Big Bike, Slow Rider

Oddometer:
    I'll add my thanks and support for your efforts on your ride reports. Fantastic photosand text.
    My wife and I visited Iceland in 2019 for 10 days but driving not riding.

You bought back many fond memories. You visited a lot of the places we did, but your photos are 100000000% better than ours.

We stuck to the coast, as we were in a rental car and also most of the inland roads were still being repaired after winter.

Please don't stop on account of a few keyboard f*&kwits.
    Folly1 likes this.
  8. Soil Sample

Soil Sample Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Paul, this 60 year old is inspired by your RR, hell, my GF is inspired by your RR and she doesn't ride! (yet) :D
    Don't let the anonymous, nutless keyboard commandos drive you away. If they had half the stones you do they'd have RR's up on this forum. I for one look forward to your installation for the inspiration and the beauty of your photography.
  9. Slickrick

Slickrick Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yet another lurker who appreciates all your content on the forum. Thanks for your time & enjoy your ride.
    Tuna209, BMRDOUG and scudo like this.
  10. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't let the turkey get you down!

Ride on my friend.
    scudo, Killacurb and BLucare like this.
  11. cprbusa

cprbusa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    First: THANK YOU PAUL!

Second: Some people would bitch if you hung them with a new rope.

Third: THANK YOU PAUL!!!!
    snail73, roadcapDen, Tuna209 and 2 others like this.
  12. squadraquota

squadraquota mostly harmless

Oddometer:
    I don’t comment too often but definitely need to join the chorus now.

it’s not about the dimwits, it’s about the good people, few or many, silent or on the foreground.

I certainly very much enjoy your tales and images and appreciate all the effort that takes.

Hope you can shrug it off. Slovenia should help with that hopefully , great place :beer
    Folly1, Tuna209 and scudo like this.
  13. AnyTwoWheeler

AnyTwoWheeler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Another quite reader who can't thank you enough. Ditto to the rest of the comments.

Josh
    Tuna209 and dano619 like this.
  14. Specularius

Specularius Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    THANK YOU.
    Your visions through a photo lens brings joy to my life. Please keep it up.
  15. Wagg

Wagg n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Another here that does not comment often but I feel the need to give my two cents worth.
    Paul, your reports are inspiring and your photography also. You help take us to places most of us will never be lucky enough to see.
    For those of us who look forward to your every post PLEASE do not let the A-Holes ruin it.
    It must be a hell of a lot of work doing these reports but do not doubt they are greatly appreciated.
    Love the videos also!
    SDR82, Tuna209 and RedHawk47 like this.
  16. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    Please keep on ridin' n writin', Gracias Amigo!
  17. Motoman66

Motoman66 Green Rider

Oddometer:
    Keep on and do not let the DB bother you. Great pictures and writing and tons of useful info for all. Thank You for sharing.
  18. Don T

Don T Roaming Viking

Oddometer:
    Despite the occasional imbecile, advrider is still a great place to hang out, get inspired and create connections.
    Paul it would be a loss for everyone if you decide to leave the party.
  19. Pinarretta

Pinarretta Wubba Lubba Dub Dub Supporter

Oddometer:
    We're all being selfish because we love what you have given us and want more, but if you need to take a break for a while it is definitely well earned. Thanks for everything you've done so far. Hope your journey continues to be fantastic.
    scudo, ricochetrider and EZ-D like this.
  20. gianttrack

gianttrack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It seems that there's a turd in every punch bowl, but your bowl is so big it will soon sink to the bottom. Take a break, but know there are a lot of us following when you come back.
    Dave
    scudo likes this.