1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

A Yankee goes south...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Junyah, Oct 5, 2014.

1. De Oppresso Liber

De Oppresso Liber Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    The racks I think should be fine since you fabbed that rear crossmember and welded in :evil! It’s the subframe that I think is the Achilles of any bike if it’s overloaded and beat on in tough terrain. Though admittedly, the WR is a hell of a lot better than my old klx! If I remember right, didn’t we have to weld the subframe from a break when you made that extra piece for me? I’m telling ya, my mind is really going . . . . .

I’ll be field testing the rig in South Dakota in a week! Woohoo! It’s a long haul to my nearest local Land Cruiser emporium, so I hope I don’t break something serious! :lol2

Well, keep on keeping on. Always a great uplift to read your posts! You make even the mundane come to life so post when ya can! Be sure to get to South Beach and post some quality pics of the beach bunnies! Don’t worry, I’ll pay your bail! Dilly dilly! :beer
    ONandOFF, AhhDrJones and Seenyah like this.
  2. Junyah

Junyah @ the speed of plaid

Oddometer:
    The mind is the first thing to go... You're right, I forgot about welding the tab back on and putting the cross brace in. You've seen what I've done to this poor bike, don't worry about the sub frame my friend, stop crashing and you'll be fine. :D

Enjoy SD, I look forward to hearing about it!

You know a good friend will post bail, but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying "Damn, that was fun!" See you in Miami amigo! :lol3
    Seenyah and AhhDrJones like this.
  3. De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    True dat. So, when will you be Miami? Or are you there already? Some here in theADV community have a vested interest in your whereabouts at all times. The likes of which may be indeterminable due to the lack of posting by the OP. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a public forum . . . . :mulie

And for the record, I do NOT crash! I merely assist the bike in abruptly coming to rest in a usually unplanned and almost always in a parallel plane to the riding substrate, regardless of compound be it sand, mud, or rock - my bike does not discriminate! As you will recall in your testimony of bearing witness to one DAMN fine flying W! :lol3
  4. AhhDrJones

AhhDrJones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. Seenyah

Seenyah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your not alone in the, where is he. Even his old man isn't in on the secret. Kind of like playing Whack a Mole. You know he's there some where but you have to guess where.

He doesn't realize that the suspense is having grave consequences on the quality of his Christmas present this year.
  6. GoatKiller

GoatKiller Mister Sarcasm!

Oddometer:
    Wait, he still gets Christmas presents? A filled stocking? At this point he is more likely to NEED to wear that stocking as one of his only socks!

If only he had brokered that deal with the bikers and the gang bangers........
    He could then show up in Miami with a stash load on his private plane!
  7. Seenyah

Seenyah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can bet the Lawn Mower is going to get a going over by the dogs and agents and a trip through the X-ray before he gets it back.
    shrineclown and Junyah like this.
  8. GoatKiller

Oddometer:
    Just the lawn mower?

Spread ‘em wide bucko!
    bobnoxious67 and Seenyah like this.
  9. De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:

:photog

Oh he’ll get the cavity search alright, but not before having to spend thirty minutes describing his travels and all the countries visited to the customs agent! He will enchant them with tales of misadventures, stories of wonder and amazement, and paint a picturesque scene that only Davidcito could create . They will have looks of disbelief and bewilderment on their faces, and be awed by his prose. And at the end, just when he thinks he has captivated them and is in the clear, he will hear the telltale sound of the snap of a latex glove and the banjos will begin to play......

:imaposer

I think his stocking will be filled with cans of tuna this year. :dukegirl

I’m in agreement with whomever posted up a while back about gathering up a posse to descend upon him at a disclosed location and proceed to give him a proper ADV dog pile “Welcome home” celebration! He would likely say No, No, No but his hangover would say Yes, Yes, Yes! :lol3
    AhhDrJones, B10Dave, Junyah and 4 others like this.
  10. squadraquota

squadraquota mostly harmless

Oddometer:
    AhhDrJones, Junyah, Seenyah and 3 others like this.
  11. De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Junyah and squadraquota like this.
  12. Junyah

Oddometer:
    Jesus you're a bunch of funny f_____s!
    Glad you all have my back! :lol3

Still in Paramaribo Suriname, waiting for my broker to get his act together. I got on his case today and will hopefully head over there this afternoon to get a crate for the bike. The cargo plane only flies on Tuesdays so I'm hoping to get it boxed up this weekend and paperwork done so I can get out of here.
    I did go looking for a car wash yesterday as the bike needs to be dirt free for customs, and got pulled over by a Policeman. It's all good though, he was off duty and just wanted to talk bikes

20180620_111304.jpg

Sital wanted to make sure all was well and I was enjoying my time in Paramaribo. As it turns out his brother in law has a car wash, sweet! Off I went

20180621_134324.jpg

They did such a great job they got almost all the signatures off too! :baldy Looks like I'll be going back over them all to return to its former glory...buggah...

Not much else to report, enjoying my palacial digs here as I surf the net trying to figure out where to go once I'm state side.

20180622_143507.jpg

So far I have a stop in Ocala to visit a riding buddy, kiwi93, who just moved there from NH. Will probably go to the Barber Vintage Museum since I'm in the area, and Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley as I head north too. If anyone knows of any other cool moto, 4x4, steam or other internal combustion events/ sites to see please let me know. Thanks.

Jr.

13. Seenyah

Seenyah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The agent would need a rain coat and goggles and a trip to the car wash afterwards. Then there would be the P.T.S.D payments and the recurring nightmares.

I still want a video of that happening to our tinned meat expert. Sounds like a Monty Python skit. He'd be Sir Sprays Alot.
  14. GoatKiller

Oddometer:
    Looks like nice digs Junyah. Hopefully you are not digging to big a financial hole while waiting for the shipper.
    Let me know if you need anything when you hit state side. Not sure how gear is holding up. Probably used to sleeping on the ground at this point!
    Seenyah likes this.
  15. kiwi93

kiwi93 The Evil Monkey

Oddometer:
    Don't forget the Don Garlits museum of Drag Racing
    roadcapDen, Bigbore4 and Seenyah like this.
  16. Seenyah

Seenyah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Right around the corner from where we lived in Sefner Fla.
  17. Junyah

Oddometer:

Thanks JP! Gear is holding up well but I did bring a new bag and mattress with me.
  18. Junyah

Oddometer:
    Nice, just down the road from you!
    Seenyah likes this.
  19. Junyah

Oddometer:
    Things are finally in motion. Aquired an ATV shipping pallet, getting it cut down for the Lawnmower cause I don’t want to pay for empty volume. Hopefully strap down the bike and all my gear on Monday, I have a roll back lined up to drop that off at the shippers same day, and with any luck it'll be on a plane Tuesday.
    SmilinJoe, Daro, roadcapDen and 6 others like this.
  20. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just tell them you will sign the stones.