A Yankee goes south...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Junyah, Oct 5, 2014.

1. bnsutton

bnsutton 2017 R1200 GSA

Oddometer:
    I got to meet a legend and I didn't know it till now! I should have known though.
    IMG_2198.PNG IMG_2197.PNG
    It was an honor to meet you and get to talk with you for a few brief minutes during our fueling and rehydration stop off of Interstate 81 in TN. I hope you made it safely through the Kingsport/Johnson City area and that large looming storm cloud while I headed of due East into the mountains. Your adventure is very inspiring! Take care and safe travels!
    Daro, ONandOFF, Andres@1976 and 6 others like this.
  2. GoatKiller

GoatKiller Mister Sarcasm!

Oddometer:
    How are you making out Junyah? Not too much slab work I hope.
    Seenyah likes this.
  3. Junyah

Junyah @ the speed of plaid

Oddometer:
    Thank you toowoomba, it is good to be home!
    Next is the Northeast Adventure Rally in NH to visited with old friends, remember one that we lost, and throw the Lawnmower through the woods for the weekend. There's a slight chance we may over indulge in beverages, meat and good times, possibly lacking in sleep and hygiene too. Looking forward to it!
    Max Wedge, Daro, Andres@1976 and 3 others like this.
  4. Junyah

Oddometer:
    That's awesome, thank you for posting up!
    It was great to meet you, on the side of the road like that. Hope you had a good time hitting the twistys after your slab.
    I was very jealous of your sweet GS, it would have provided far better protection from the rain I rode into after we parted. Like you said, a blessing and a curse.

I have to ask though, how on earth did you find my little corner of the internet?

Safe travels!

Jr.
    AhhDrJones and Seenyah like this.
  5. Junyah

Oddometer:
    Made out great JP, got home Saturday night. But don't want to get ahead of myself here.
    There may have been one 18hr slog to get some miles behind me. Poor mower.
    Looking forward to seeing you FnF's this weekend!
    kiwi93, GoatKiller and Seenyah like this.
  6. toowoomba

toowoomba Certified BMW Therapist MCCL Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lol...Sounds like another wonderful adventure in store for you - Have a drink on me and one for your Friend who is motoring on in parts unknown - my sincere condolences. Thanks again Junyah for your fantastic RR, your inspiration and your views of an amazing planet. Continued safe, happy, and non hygienic travels! Looking forward to reading your book...! Hint hint...
    AhhDrJones and Seenyah like this.
  7. bnsutton

bnsutton 2017 R1200 GSA

Oddometer:
    First, glad you are home safe and sound! Sounds like the storm clouds we saw North of our resting area got you. Hope it wasn't too bad. I'm sure you've been through worse and hopefully it cooled things down a bit. I never saw rain on my last leg through the mountains. So good to get off that slab....
    I posted a quick ride review in the GS section of this site and posted a couple of the pictures I took of your bike. Toowoomba replied that I might have run into this adventure rider named Junyah and he posted a link to your thread. I started reading it and then saw pictures of your bike and right away it was obvious that he was right! Small world indeed. Looking forward to your further adventures in the future after a good R&R time period of course! Take care and safe travels!
  8. De Oppresso Liber

De Oppresso Liber Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good to hear you made it home safely, amigo! Currently up in Acadia. If you haven't been, add the Seal Cove Auto Museum on Mt Desert Island to your bucket list of places to go! Some really cool OLD cars, bikes, and motorcycles going back into the late 1800's, early 1900's. Even the moohair found it cool! Dang!

Looking forward to seeing you Saturday hermano! And if your friend Wallace still could use a hand in the hay industry, let me know, the boy's dance card still has some punches open!
    ONandOFF, Andres@1976 and Seenyah like this.
  9. bobnoxious67

bobnoxious67 Baby steps...

Oddometer:
    End thread:

[​IMG]
  10. lanefj40

lanefj40 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Welcome home!
    Seenyah likes this.
  11. Seenyah

Seenyah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The circle is complete and now the celebration. Well done.
  12. swedstal

swedstal Open heart, open mind, open can of beans

Oddometer:
    David,

Thank you for sharing this amazing journey with all of us. My only criticism is that the intermission was a bit too long. :-)

I am currently in Brazil, so your RR has been a wonderful resource for me. I wish more ADV'rs would get to experience this amazing place. I got taken in by a moto-club during my first day on the road. :thumb Even though I've been to some very hospitable places, Brazil is on a whole other level. I'm sorry your time here was cut short by that trucker strike. BUGGAH!

I'm planning to go as far north as Salvador, then turn west and ride all the way across the country, back into Peru. I'll catch BR-364 in Cuiaba and stay on that all the way to the border. How did you feel safety-wise on this stretch? Was there just the one "indigenous road block?" Hopefully I'll get abducted by the same biker gang as you did. :lol3

Thanks again for all of the time you've spent on this RR. I know it takes a serious commitment to keep it updated.

Brett
  13. Junyah

Oddometer:

Hello Brett,

Good to hear you are experiencing the Brazilian hospitality, truly amazing! You've probably already traveled 364, but I had no issues with safety on the short part that I did. Don't worry about the road blocks, they just want your money and for you to be on your way, unless a mamacita takes a liking to you then watch out! :lol3

swedstal, simmons1, TDC_ERock and 6 others like this.
  14. swedstal

swedstal Open heart, open mind, open can of beans

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the advice! I had an amazing time in western Brazil. I'm really glad I took the route. I actually took the more southern path after Cuiaba, so I didn't get to pass through the roadblock.

I took a little ride to Humaita, just to be able to spend some time in Amazonas.
    [​IMG]

I think I could have made Manaus, even with my heavy bike. The locals all said it has been really dry for two months. I just didn't have time, unfortunately. However, I could see ahead to verify that your "Dos Amigos" were still stuck in the mud. :lol3
    Seenyah, Andres@1976 and IdahoGaucho like this.