Abnormally tall GSA riders how did you reduce buffeting and make your bike more tall guy friendly?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by lacofdfireman, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Bulletproofauto

Bulletproofauto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've just installed a two piece heated Corbin. I'm really happy with it. The stock seat was too soft, the Sargent I had was too firm and the Corbin feels just right.

Attached Files:

2. WyldCFH

WyldCFH Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had a Corbin on my Triumph Rocket III and thought it was great, but you don't hear much about them here for the GS. And with so many manufacturers making seats for the GS, it is easy to get stuck in deciding.
    Bulletproofauto likes this.
  3. Muskyjerk

Muskyjerk n00b

Oddometer:
  4. WyldCFH

WyldCFH Adventurer

Oddometer:

There was a thread recently, within the last week or two, that someone had done the very thing you asked. I do not recall if they mentioned cable routing or lengthening
  5. WyldCFH

WyldCFH Adventurer

Oddometer:

Here ya go >>> https://advrider.com/f/threads/what...dventure-today.836894/page-1412#post-37611896
  6. Castos

Castos Castos

Oddometer:
    I installed the Wunderlick Risers and it was not necessary to reroute or lengthen the cables and wires.
    Lone_GS_rider likes this.
  7. TTJosh

TTJosh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm 6'7" riding a 2012 GSA ADV and do not like long walks on the beach.
    Stock windshield + Laminair windscreen farkle. Stock seat in H/H configuration. Stock pegs.
    This is new to me, I'm back riding after 20 years off the bike.
    I'm getting buffeting at highway speeds (70 mph'ish). If I duck my head only a few inches I'm in clean air.
    The stock windshield is all the way forward...tried it all the way back no difference.
    Suck it up buttercup or am I missing something?
  8. Ray R

Ray R Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned a screen from Calsci. I had one on my 2009 GSA, and at 6'4", it worked great!
    I also had a Mr Ed's Moto custom seat that was all day comfortable.
    On my 2016 GSA, I'm using the Puig screen and a BMW rally seat also customized by Mr Ed's Moto.
    I had lower pegs on both as well.
    Iliumworks on the 2009, and BMW Enduro pegs on the 2016.
    I'll also add that the 2009 had a more relaxed leg position than the 2016. I wish they would have kept the same ergos on the WC bikes as the Hex/Cam head bikes.
  9. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ya I worked 97 24hr shifts of OT last year. To many. I’m on target to beat that number already by a fair bit this year.
  10. TheHooter

TheHooter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This thread is right up my alley! I'm a Mongoloid type 6'5" kinda like Big John but more like Mongo...Mongo like candy :imaposer I've got a 2012 GSA and with the factory windscreen I got A LOT of buffeting at highway speeds. After installing the Cyclops bulbs we figerrd out if we cut off the tittiboob on the "locking disc" on the windshield and swapped them around it gave me another 1-2 inches in windshield height. No more buffeting = happy rider.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/what-have-you-done-to-your-gs-or-gs-adventure-today.836894/page-1287
  11. KemoSabe1943

KemoSabe1943 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am same height of you, riding a stock windshield/wings. Looks like your bike has a much shorter windshield than mine. Get a taller screen. I don't have the buffeting you speak of and I"ve ridden 99,644 miles with the stock screen. Bill Mayer seat.