ABS out on Tiger 1050 help

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by EastBoundAndDown, Sep 22, 2019.

1. EastBoundAndDown

EastBoundAndDown Ron - 300XC-W DR650 T1050SE

Oddometer:
    Hey fellas. I broke a rear brake line whilst on a trip last month. Continued the trip with just front brakes, still had ABS up front too. On the last day the ABS light stayed on and obviously had no ABS. Now I have repaired my brakes and still have no ABS. Everything seems hooked up and no damaged wiring. Where do I start?

2007 Tiger 1050
  2. Hollywood D

Hollywood D Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How did you damage the brake line? Are the wheel speed sensors still in good shape?
  3. EastBoundAndDown

EastBoundAndDown Ron - 300XC-W DR650 T1050SE

Oddometer:
    I bungled a tire change and tore it off when the caliper spun. The wheel sensor appeared to be OK.
  4. AloneInTheHills

AloneInTheHills Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My guess would be it might have streched a wire inside the outer jacket and therefore not have continuity. I'm not familiar with your model, but probably similar to the 800.

I'm assuming you've made sure the pulse ring is clean and the sensor is properly gapped (distance between the sensor face and ring), if not do that first.

I'm not sure what type of sensor they use there. On some you can put a meter on the wires set to AC Volts and spin the wheel and it will produce a voltage if it's working. On others you can supply a voltage with an external source, like a battery (say 5v - 12v), with a meter in the loop and see how many mA the sensor is consuming. If you compare the front and back that should give you an idea if the sensor or wiring is suspect. If the wiring is damaged it won't consume any current.
    EastBoundAndDown likes this.