1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

ABSINTHE MAKE THEE HEART GO FONDLE

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by MongoLikeCandy, Oct 5, 2020.

1. MongoLikeCandy

MongoLikeCandy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Absinthe Of Thee Heart -

Well it's been awhile since #ItalianMistressNo3 I have danced together....almost 2 months! So danced we did!!!

Thee Mistress and I, we SMASHED our way through the SoCal back country today ....

A late start out of Àbloc due to a bazillion ton agave letting loose from hillside at 3am, rolling down the hill onto the yard/grass....

Q: how much noise did THAT make?

A: "A Shit Ton"

Once I got out of Los Angeles, the skies were clear, the air was breathable, the roads were vacant, the tarmac was cool, the breathing was heavy..... Thee Italian Mistress and I put on our boogie shoes and danced the day away.

George Carlin said -

"You cannot, and i never wanna hear that you have fallen in love with a inanimate object, ever."

Well .... he is wrong, and I have, again.... i love Thy #ItalianMistressNo3, her skills and abilities are unbelievable, a proper Dom, leaving her lover exhausted, smiling, wanting more....my how I've Mistress'd thee.

Since the Crest is close due to the 146,000+ acre Bobcat fire raging in the back country, a eastbound jam down the 210 > 15 > 138 was in order, once on the 138, life was so good .... from big sweepers along the reservoir to super tight technical switchbacks under shaded twisties, that may be more suited to a lighter machine, regardless, all the work that I've done to her suspension, bits and pieces, my mistress gobbles them up....every last drop...she finishes me off nicely.

My Good Mistress.

I putt-putted my way through Crestline, pulled over looked at a map. thought I'd go by this other area called Lake Gregory, I was sitting in the shade at the stop sign and this dude name Dustin pulls up alongside on his dirt bike

"where yah going?"

I say

"I'm not really sure, exploring...coach says free-form day"

Dustin proceeded to give me the lowdown on the whole area .... local knowledge guru Dustin on the Dirtbike is .... hes just ridden his moto up the backside from Hesperia, total MX champ...no limp wristed ADV/Dual/Gravel machine....dirt bike proper.

Dustin directed me to the Pinnacles off the 173 and oh my how incredible! amazing twisty sessions, beautiful clear blue skies, clean tarmac .... our date is a success ..... I just love setting out with the intention of none other than finding something new .... and Southern California never ceases to amaze and surprise me in that respect.

traffic is light and easily passable as I got on the 18 to Big Bear .... Big Bear was an absolute shitshow of people sweating, jiggling, out of breath, selfie stick snot bubble mouth breathers with their small inbred dogs spinning circles on the leash and their kids running into the street.... Americans, so uncivilized.

I had a very good ultra-dry cappuccino from the copperQ, some more sugar /pastries and then jammed down the grade, having to pull over at a viewpoint turn out due to both my hands cramping severely .... the body knows when to slow you down and show you what yer missing .... a couple of pH 1000 hydration tablets in bottled water, a few glory photos and I was on my way my way home where I was greeted by family, friends, animals and Dinah's Fried Chicken.

it was A Grand Day on the Moto, oh how I miss thee #ItalianMistressNo3 .... Absinthe Make Thee Heart Go Fondle.

20201004_165601.jpg 20201004_165547.jpg 20201004_141523.jpg 20201004_141252.jpg 20201004_141223.jpg 20201004_141212.jpg 20201004_135530.jpg 20201004_135425.jpg 20201004_135301.jpg 20201004_135141.jpg
    stokerel, B10Dave, BrockEvan and 2 others like this.
  2. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    20201004_134506.jpg 20201004_134458.jpg 20201004_123002.jpg 20201004_105054.jpg 20201004_052047.jpg 20201003_184448.jpg 20201004_151218.jpg 20201004_181608.jpg
    stokerel, B10Dave, BrockEvan and 4 others like this.
  3. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    3am wake up...

20201003_095003.jpg 20201003_095036.jpg
    MTBRALPH, stokerel, B10Dave and 3 others like this.
  4. bykemike

bykemike "ready to navigate" Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that Mongo, nice start to my week and I imagine others will agree. I'll bet you have the " Futura only" parking lot pretty much to yourself. :D
    MongoLikeCandy likes this.
  5. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:

Pleasure to be of service!!! Glad you enjoyed the ride....it was a fucking great one, an amazing day on the moto, #ItalianMistressNo3 (see DaGram) .... yes....not many Futuras around these days.....fucking great machine!!!
  6. DesertPilot

DesertPilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    Those are some nice-looking roads! Grrr... members of my tribe envy you!
  7. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice ! Beauteefull clear skies too.. :)
  8. BrockEvan

BrockEvan Brock Warwick Supporter

Oddometer:
    A steamy romance!
  9. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    it is.....its a public sex act actually
    BrockEvan likes this.
  10. BrockEvan

BrockEvan Brock Warwick Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've always had a boner for the futura.
    I find myself staring at my bike in the garage all the time.
    I know the feeling.......
  11. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    I got the boner back in 2004 when I almost bought one....but chose the 2004 Caponord instead.....both Mistresses have and had their place and time in my life.....Futura Mistress fits my life now, fun machine.
    BrockEvan and B10Dave like this.
  12. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    Howdy,

follow this link to join

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=14159&share_type=t&link_source=app

im looking to complete the job that I started last Sunday,

"Sunday's Unfinished Business"

this is an amazing route, love it. an all-day event +300 miles ( without the Idlywild extra credit)

roll out the 210 >15 > 138 bang the twisties to the Big Bear Shitshow, coffee up. drop down the 18 to the 247 > Lucerne Valley/Desert, haul ass across the desert to Joshua Tree Shitshow, coffee up then back to LA....for extra credit, if we have the balls and the time we can jam up the 243 to Idlywild, then home. healthy opportunity for +400 miles of gear banging, eye rolling, ticket collecting, tire shredding tarmac and twisties.

meet Àbloc Cafe Highland Park, 0800 coffee, 0830 kickstands up.

have your tires inflated and tanks full, this is a drop ride....ie, don't keep the pace you are dropped, so have your AAA card with you.

pix from last Sundays Unfinished Business.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/absinthe-make-thee-heart-go-fondle.1470129/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGBZ-Mslr0j/?igshid=1ssql4lycbiwu
  13. DirtRider....

DirtRider.... Wandering Turtle

Oddometer:
    you Strava your motorcycle ride... brilliant!! what sport you select so it doesn't get flagged?
  14. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    Canoe!!!!!
    DirtRider.... likes this.
  15. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    I had one of my "canoe rides" flagged, I changed it to "ice skate" and that removed the flag.

I've tried several different ones, yoga, ice skate, meditation, but canoeing seems to avoid the flagging the best .... most likely it's probably one of my buddies being a dick.
  16. MidlifePanic

MidlifePanic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your smart ass comment about Americans was not really called for or appreciated.

There is a way to avoid them if they bother you that much. It's called pack your stuff and go back to where you came from ,where the people are so super civilized.
  17. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    yer kinda late to this circle jerk aren't you cowgirl?

as someone famous once said -

"Suck My Dick" - Someone Famous, circa, Sometime

have at it in yer echo chamber tinkerbell, you've been blocked
    oldoval likes this.
  18. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    nice house cat.
    etc.
  19. MongoLikeCandy

Oddometer:
    thanks. got two....brothers.... they're more like dogs.... specifically black lab of which I have one..... as their appetites are of that up a Lab, therefore the picture of him in the sink...."Poe da CarbHoe"
    yamalama likes this.
  20. bykemike

bykemike "ready to navigate" Supporter

Oddometer:
    Big Bear was an absolute shitshow of people sweating, jiggling, out of breath, selfie stick snot bubble mouth breathers with their small inbred dogs spinning circles on the leash and their kids running into the street.... Americans, so uncivilized.

Funny, like most humor , funny because it is all too true. This scene or similar has been driving me from the popular places to the less known and just a bit harder to reach for the
    last several years.

Rocky mountain National Park a few years ago, high elevation with all the signage to stay on the trail to avoid killing the fragile life at that altitude and a family
    from , sadly, Florida just starts walking right across the prohibited areas with their dog in tow. Everyone is yelling at them to stay on the trail and his response is he pays his taxes
    so he is part owner of the park.

Sheesh!