Acc 2- Accessory Pair Amperage Capacity

Discussion in 'Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)' started by jonb, Dec 21, 2004.

1. jonb

jonb Montana Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i am adding my accessory socket using the 5 amp acc 2 pair stored in behind the tach. i see now that my compressor for tire inflation is rated at 10 amps. i looked at the wiring diagram and i think it would be OK for me to put a 10 amp fuse in there instead of the 5. This is an unswitched accessory pair from the battery and on my bike its labeled acc 2. i don't plan on running ten amps off this all the time. I will be blowing up the rear tire trying to set the bead which will require the compressor to work pretty hard for a couple of minutes. The copper(wire) looks like its 16 to 18 gauge.
    Can I run the 10 amp fuse?
    Thanks for your input.
    JB
  2. BLUE(UK)

BLUE(UK) Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would say YES because my dealer upped mine to 10AMPS because it ran my 5AMPS heated grips AND my carb heaters from the same ACC plug(the one running through the ignition)
  3. dgrs2

dgrs2 Where'd I leave my knee??

Oddometer:
    Switched up to the 10 also with no problems. Run my HID off it.
  4. jonb

jonb Montana Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I figured they were playing it safe. I plan on deflating a tire, and pumping it back up with the 10 amp compressor and the 10 am fuse, feeling the wires as I go for heat. We'll see how it goes.
    Thanks.