Accessories for 1250GS/GSA

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by igi2003, Mar 12, 2019.

1. krussell

krussell Gravel Warrior Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't think there's been any 1200-1250 changes that impact foot controls. I'd check with Gilles though to be sure.
  2. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist More Gelände less Straße

Oddometer:
    Have you ever seen a stock GS/A?? It rarely if ever happens... Adding bling when you buy GS/A is rather mandatory!! :lol3

While I do agree that $2700 on top of ~24K for the bike is a substantial amount of money for more or less "just looking nice", there's craftsmanship as well as BMW's mark-up that makes it that much... Ie. Akrapovic slip-on sold with stickers was ~900$ while exact same slip-on sold as OE with laser etched HP logo is ~1500$ - laser etching doesn't cost ~600, does it?? :deal

I'd guess that those bikes that came with 719 options will be among last ones being sold so someone who's patient could end up with great deal during off-season time... :D
    German and AdamChandler like this.
  3. jpbadonk

jpbadonk Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    No issues other than some slight interference with the brake line running under it. I added some tubing around it to protect it. Denali has since released an update to provide additional protection for that brake line.
  4. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would absolutely pay $500 more for a 2019 719 Optioned 1250 GSA around January 2020. I would not spend $2700 bu tif that was the only 2019 left and 2020s were arriving and I wanted a great deal and pizzaz, I'd consider paying g$500 kind of like you suggested.

Note that with the HP Cylinder heads, you can't mount a Machine Art Moto X-Head or at least they aren't going to make a custom mold for the 50 bikes out there with the 719 heads.

Now, I would absolutely add the 719 package to an R Nine T or RT if I were to buy one of those. The GS is an ugly bike to most. machined parts don't really add much to it but the 719 RNineT with the yellow & black parts and hand painted tank looks amazing.
    [​IMG]

719 Options have their place in the BMW world but I don't think the GSA is helped much by those optional add-ons.
    scottydawg, Dogslobber and chillerman like this.
  5. chillerman

chillerman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is just sexy!
    AdamChandler likes this.
  6. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist More Gelände less Straße

Oddometer:
    That "yella jacket" R9T is indeed an awesome lookin' one so I hedta quote it... It's probably most suitable for 719 makeover as it isn't going to see any rain or gravel or let alone to go off-roading like those fugly GS/As... :lol3

R9T has even better bling stuff added on than regular RT/GS variety - the foot controls are direct steal from HP2S, albeit different color, and that stuff was over $1000 alone just for 2 pegs and brake/gear shifter... It's a shame that R9T isn't made for taller peeps, like over 6ft tall, or I'd think I have pretty good idea whose "yella jacket" R9T thread we'd be watchin' while eatin' popcorn... :rofl

Kidding aside, and although I'm not sure that you'd get $2200 discount ever on a GS/A or even RT, it'll definitely worth to someone to try to get a price break if there's unsold bike with those goodies available come Nov-Dec-Jan... I'd also hope that whom ever makes that for BMW will come out of the woodwork (at potentially later date :D) and offer same gadgets individually at affordable non-exorbitantly-marked-up BMW pricing like in the example with Akrapovic... I like the brake/clutch reservoir covers, mebbe mirrors too so I could see myself splurging here and there...

Marketing dept at BMW is definitely working overtime and with success!! If only some of those unbusy bodies get over to their TFT department and give those peeps a hand in finally making TFT working properly, that'd be just swell... :clap
    AdamChandler likes this.
  7. Gone Troppo

Gone Troppo Somewhat bemused observer

Oddometer:
    I really like the look of the GS....I actually think mine looks better than my XR....
    side-burn and AdamChandler like this.
  8. side-burn

side-burn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same. I think they are the coolest looking motorcycles made.
    Gone Troppo and scottdc like this.
  9. todcp

todcp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A 719 package bike was on the showroom floor when I ordered my GSA. The dealer offered a small extra discount to take the 719. No deal. I agree that there may be some 719 leftovers at a heck of a deal at year end.
    I did like the pegs. Found the rest of it too gaudy for me. Ordered the pegs as they are a nice piece and the adjustability is great for my long legs.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  10. side-burn

Oddometer:
    I ordered the pegs too. I wished they made a set for the passenger too!
  11. todcp

todcp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My dealer told me Gilles Tooling makes them for BMW. Not surprised as Gilles make terrific stuff.

Gilles does make an adjustable pillion set up.
    Fosters likes this.
  12. oclv454

oclv454 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think I’m done, for now, so here’s what I have added to the 1250 GS. I can say that I have been pleased with every purchase.

AltRider rear rack, and their Lexan & mesh interchangeable headlight protector. Still waiting for the AltRider skid plate. BMW lower engine guards, the expensive spring loaded foot pegs, sidestand foot, and the front upper beak extender. Bumot Evo aluminum panniers in Frozen gray with their “tool box” in black, with racks and liner bags. Waiting for Bumot soft Extremada bags. Garmin Navigator VI. MachineArtMoto Mud Sling and lower fender extender (Avant). A Powerlet socket wired directly to the battery for heated vest or battery charging. A tempered glass screen protector for the TFT screen, which I got on Ebay and it shipped from Athens Greece..... . Lastly, I had my car guy apply Expel film to the top of the tank, the beak, and to the front and top of the aluminum panniers.

I just got back from a quick five day ride where it rained/showered every day but one. Everything worked fine and not a drop of water in the panniers.
    Gadgetech likes this.
  13. _Gir_

_Gir_ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you upload a photo?
  14. oclv454

oclv454 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    638E8D2D-3949-4B8F-94D5-5FB386DFF834.jpeg 18A4B0C7-B04D-4025-A0AF-A414DFE64BFE.jpeg Here are a couple that I took on a five day ride last week.
    German, _Gir_, Massabusa and 2 others like this.
  15. side-burn

Oddometer:
    Gadgetech likes this.
  16. Gadgetech

Gadgetech Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do you have connected to the battery a SAE pigtail on your bike? I bought an SAE to coax connector, put a larger fuse on the pigtail and plug my heated gear into that. It’s another option should you need the powerlet for something else down the road.

I’ll probably wish I paid someone to install the film but I’ve ordered an xpel kit from tankslapper that should be here sooner than later.

Bike looks great!
    Fosters likes this.
  17. oclv454

oclv454 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just have the Powerlet, in addition to the BMW Canbus. I can charge iPhone and little stuff in the BMW plug. I have other things converted to the BMW type Powerlet plug, like tire inflator, battery charger, vest. I could add another in the future.
    And yes, the Frozen Gray Bumots panniers look good (and work great).
  18. jpbadonk

jpbadonk Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Farkles complete for now. Final bumot piece (top case) arrived on Friday and installed today - thanks Jason!

So far-kle, so good.

Other than packing, ready to leave for 8k+ miles in a week. Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon Territory, and Alaska on the itinerary....

IMG_4329.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4341.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

IMG_4345.jpg
  19. hammick

hammick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sweet!!! Are you headed up to to the D2D in Dawson City? I have a room booked but not sure I will be able to make it. Life got in the way. I will definately be riding around MT, AB, and BC though. I'll be on the same bike as you.
  20. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks great!

IMHO, put at least 00 continuous miles on it before you leave to ensure everything is in order. Lots of work done and jump on a big trip and you can find yourself with issues.
    RoundTrip, scottdc and Fosters like this.