Accessories for 1250GS/GSA

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by igi2003, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Gadgetech

Gadgetech Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here are my SW Motech barbacks. Nitpicking but I may replace the hex heads with torx heads just to be persnickety.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    igi2003 likes this.
  2. igi2003

igi2003 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cables problem? Or just cut the cable ties?
  3. igi2003

igi2003 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. igi2003

igi2003 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Added dry shaft protector and slider. installed vstream windshield , ztechnik reinforcement and MRA.
    Will try it tomorrow, didn't like original screen buffering and noise IMG_20190315_191502.jpg
  5. Gadgetech

Gadgetech Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I made no alterations regarding the cables, their fine in stock form on my bike but I’ve read where some folks with the same setup needed some slack.
    igi2003 likes this.
  6. scottdc

scottdc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone got the Akrapovic on their 1250? Trying to not go overboard on accessories for my soon to arrive GS but I keep eyeing the Akra and can't decide if it's worth it to me or not. So very tempted though....
  7. Big Derek

Big Derek Big D

Oddometer:
    OK, This is me.
    R1250 GS Rallye HP TE. With the below extras.

BMW front spotlights.
    BMW SOS.
    BMW GSA Screen
    Front Fender Extender.
    Givi Tinted Hand guard extenders.
    BMW Garmin NAV V1
    Wunderlich Handlebar Bag wired up. (containing wired duel use charger iPhone and my Sena SR10 module)
    PTT button under left bar Wheel.
    12v Heated clothing plug in panel port in left front panel.
    BMW left side and right side frame infill panels.
    PMR Kenwood radio under passenger seat wired to handle bar bag Sena SR10.
    BMW GSA Black TE seats.
    BMW Rear GSA Pannier rails.
    Machine art Rear Mudslinger.
    PMR antenna on rear left side.
    BMW Vario Top Box (with plastic section inside holding tyre compressor and punt kit.)
    BMW Akra Exhaust Euro 4
    BMW GSA Rear brake pedal.

May have forgot some but there it is, liking it so far...just waiting for more better weather like everyone.

I will upload pic's may take several pages ?

Attached Files:

AdamChandler, scottdc and igi2003 like this.
  8. Big Derek

Big Derek Big D

Oddometer:
    MORE PICS

Attached Files:

AdamChandler and scottdc like this.
  9. Big Derek

Big Derek Big D

Oddometer:
    MORE PICS Well you did say you wanted pictures :-)

Attached Files:

10. Big Derek

Big Derek Big D

Oddometer:
    Last set

Attached Files:

scottdc likes this.
  11. Big Derek

Big Derek Big D

Oddometer:
    Hi Yes I have the new E4 Akra I had the older styled one on my last 2 x GSA bikes then on my 2017 GS Rallye I sold it as I ordered my GS1250 Rallye with it on from factory at a £800 option. You don't get the stock OEM exhaust like you used to but I believe the E4 Akra is £1k if you order it separately? I wasn't fond of the new ones looks but its grown on me a bit like the Gold Wheels and white hand guards. I can tell you as its thinner it makes it far easier to clean round the back, and the Sound is LOUDER than the last Akra for sure! although i think thats the shiftcam engine not the Akra because my pals new 1250 GS exclusive fitted with his old Akra is again louder than it was on his 2017 GS.

Attached Files:

Glennswe and scottdc like this.
  12. striker3636

striker3636 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If someone buys and mounts this, can you show some pics? Altrider doesnt show installed pictures on their site. Trying to visualize how it mounts and where the through bolt goes.
  13. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist Mehr Gelände Weniger Straße

Oddometer:
    Touratech equivalent on LC pictured which just slides in on either side... AR has a bolt going through the frame and rather cumbersome attachment to OE engine guards...

Attached Files:

14. striker3636

striker3636 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thats for R1200 though, right? I think the crash bars changed with the 1250. I do like looks of the TT ones better though, and even a bit cheaper.
    jpbadonk likes this.
  15. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    Yes it's for R12 as Touratech didn't release equivalent for R1250 so I just used those pics for an illustration since AR didn't have any as installed pics... I have TT reinforcement bars on my '16 GSA together with Ricochet and will definitely try to salvage the old ones, trying to fit them to Shifty if (or when :lol3) I cross to the wild-side...
    jpbadonk likes this.
  16. igi2003

igi2003 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    first time ride on Sargent seat low for 3 hours. much better than "comfort low" which after one hour was painful for me.
    08Zinc and scottdc like this.
  17. igi2003

igi2003 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I asked touratech about those for 1250, it's still in "development". I really need those or AR reinforcements, the GSA is very high for me and I already put it down twice on parking. original crash bars looks very weak without extra bars.
  18. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    I don't have proof of that but I think BMW designs their engine/tank guards to take the beating on purpose rather than be rigid and transfer the energy so the engine/other mounting points get screwed up after the get-off. Which makes great case for TT, AR and others to compliment OE with their reinforcements. At the same time if, as a result of a get-off, the engine guards get slightly out of shape, it won't be that hard to use BFH and get them back into proper shape... :D

TT reinforcements don't have hard connection on the other end (where AR has bolt through the frame connecting both lh/rh) which just slides inside the frame so I'd like to think that R1200 reinforcements may be able to work with R1250 OE guards as they can be rotated to fit the curvature of new OE guards, even if rubber bumpers would have to be drilled out, since they serve no purpose once the reinforcement bars are installed...

Meanwhile, you could check Ricochet cylinder head guards (https://ricochetoffroad.com/collections/bmw-r-1250-gs-adventure) as thick al plates can help distributing the impact a bit while protecting cylinder heads - you can add TT reinforcements later as they become available...

:thumb
    JimVonBaden and igi2003 like this.
  19. Englishmatt

Englishmatt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok bro...you and me need to chat. Our bikes are gonna look like twins and that could get awkward!! lol

Nice mods.
    Gadgetech likes this.
  20. Der Kaiser

Der Kaiser Caped Crusader

Oddometer:
    "What head covers and engine guards do you have? Im looking to replace original crash bars and add cylinder head covers. I saw the touratech CRASH BAR REINFORCEMENT KIT for 1200GS, but still not available for 1250. Original crash bar seems to miss one extra bar to create real cage around cylinder, unlike SW-motech, altrider etc..."

I had the BMW OEM covers and guards installed as it was convenient (just check a box at the dealer) and I didn't want to mess with installing a set of aftermarket ones myself (assuming the fit was good).