Accessories for 1250GS/GSA

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by igi2003, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Ocho NA

Ocho NA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Still wondering if the xhead covers fit a GS with the OEM engine bars and a reinforcement bar like Touratech’s. I’m not sure if the bars move the bars enough to overlap with the covers. Anyone had success?
    Norsman likes this.
  2. RichK

RichK Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dammit. I might hate you too! That is a nice bag. My city bag zipper just died under warranty. However, 349 makes my butt hurt a little.
  3. deep6blue

deep6blue Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For you all using the head covers, why not just put one of the trim plates over the engine guards? Is it the looks or do the head covers actually provide better protection?
  4. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not everyone has the engine guards. Those that do may prefer the look of the head covers. Me, I prefer the protection, and hate the look of the Ricochet bar covers.
    STLR, Fosters and RoundTrip like this.
  5. scottydawg

scottydawg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have had the tank bag on for 3 months now and love it. I thought the front entry would bother me but it has been no problem at all when riding or parked. I know it is expensive but it works for me so well that I am happy with the $$ to pleasure value.
  6. halejl

halejl Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Did you find out if these are compatible? I’m planning on the same setup (x-heads and TT reinforcement).

Jerry
  7. park6187

park6187 Experience whore Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey I just picked up a 1250 and the comfort seat is not working for me. Anybody out there have a stock seat they want to sell? This is my 3rd GS and I've never had a problem with a stock seat.
    Thanks
  8. -2wheelsgood-

-2wheelsgood- Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ocho NA likes this.
  9. Fosters

Fosters Loner Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes

Attached Files:

10. Ocho NA

Ocho NA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm looking at seat options. Previous bike had a Corbin seat that I really liked, so naturally I'm looking at the Corbin as my first choice. I see they sell regular and tall options. I'm 6'1 with 32" inseam, I would love to have less bend on my knees than stock OEM seat (tall configuration). I'm thinking the tall will fit great, but the Corbin regular seems even taller than stock (might not be). I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions about the tall version?

I do like to adv every once in a while so the Russell Day Long seems like it won't fight my needs.
  11. Jetskifast

Jetskifast Adventurer

Oddometer:
    66F841BF-9971-44F9-9DDF-3EAEDB318A41.jpeg Also 6’1 32 inseam.
    Took my 1250GSA HP to Corbin for custom fit. For me found tall seat, worked best for comfort.
    Standing bike straight up, you will be on your toes.
  12. Ocho NA

Ocho NA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the photo! Exactly what I was looking for. How’s comfort? Can you do long days?

Thinking heated might not be worth it since I do some deep water crossings now and then (and occasionally dump the bike lol). Not sure if the electronics could fry.
  13. Jetskifast

Jetskifast Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did not go with heated seat. Live west coast , rare I ride when really cold.
    While at Corbin, did see them installing electric seats. Hard wired in seat connection, looked water tight. Would bet heating element pretty water tight. As lots of riders, ride in heavy rain.
    As far as comfort, love seat.
    July made 3500 mile trip into Canada. Had few 800 mile days, with no problems.
    If you can travel to Corbin in California. Corbin offers at no extra charge. Custom seat made to your specifications.
    Corbin assigns employee to you, to make your seat. It’s great option, as you can go for rides on prototype seats on your bike.
    Ocho NA likes this.
  14. timojhen

timojhen more will be revealed.... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just mailordered a Corbin (standard) as I really didn't like the stock seat. Too plush for me or something, have usually went with Corbin on anything which I expected to do longer days.

I do have the cast off stock seat @park6187 - traveling this week but reach out if you'd like to talk.
  15. STLR

STLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So,...I backpedaled a bit and am recreating my MY17.5 GS Rallye, but there are reasons as I have a different bike now set up as my primary commuter/tourer. I put a couple of different pics in the large thread, but wanted to give some other details here and add to my previous build post (#163) earlier in this thread.

I lessened the weight by removing some additional items, and added more comfortable off-road controls.
    IMG_6126.jpeg IMG_6127.jpeg
    1. Fasst Co Flexx 15* Adventure Low bars with Simple Solution Hand Guards/Adventure Guards. I did compromise a bit as I had used bars with a 14* sweep previously.
    2. PowerCell Performance SDX505 Stabilizer. Per Ken's suggestion, I am using KTM 1x90 bar risers (instead of the supplied ones) for two reasons:
    1. These are 1-1/8" (instead of 1-1/4") so fit the aftermarket bars without shims, and
    2. These are not as tall, which I prefer low/no risers.
    18415, PowerCell and side-burn like this.
  16. STLR

STLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's an updated build post due to the new bike, swapping of parts, etc. Please feel free to ask questions. I grabbed some pics since I've semi-cleaned them.

MY19 HP. This bike has been a labor of love and is my all around favorite as you can tell from the parts list. My focus was to pare it down to as mean and lean a GS as I could.
    IMG_6321.jpeg
    Additions:
    1. Akrapovic ti headers
    2. BMW engine guards
    3. BMW enduro skid plate
    4. BMW windscreen deflector bags
    5. Black Dog Cycle Works traction pegs
    6. Clearwater Ericas
    7. DoubleTake enduro mirrors
    8. Fasst Co Flexx 15* Adventure Low bars with Simple Solution Hand Guards/Adventure Guards
    9. Galfer wave brake rotors
    10. Hammerhead Designs shift lever
    11. Hammerhead Designs brake lever with tracker pedal
    12. MachineartMoto X-Head covers
    13. Pazzo Racing levers, short brake and clutch
    14. PowerCell Performance SDX505 Stabilizer
    15. Puig racing windscreen
    16. Remus ti hexacone slip on
    17. Skunkwerks FD cover
    18. SlingShot Racing GCBX2 gas cap
    19. Steg Pegz
    20. @Tinu76 windshield mount extensions (https://advrider.com/f/threads/r1200gs-a-lc-2013-how-to-increase-windshield-default-angle.1082239/)
    21. TT dual USB power outlet (replaces the stock BMW power outlet)
    22. TT headlight protector
    23. TT FD breather
    24. TT kickstand foot enlarger
    25. TT kickstand switch guard
    26. TT rally rear luggage rack
    27. Tractive ESA/DDA reservoir front and rear with appropriate springs after discussion with THE MAN, aka Ted. I was hoping to jettison the ESA so I could more accurately dial in preload. Unfortunately, BMW has made it near impossible to get by without an error message filling the entire TFT.
    28. Woody's Wheel Works Superlite hubs with Excel 19/17 rims

MY20 Adv. As you can see, an entirely different route which is the amazing thing about the GS platform. I commute 70 miles a few days per week, and unfortunately still make non-dirt trips/tours.
    IMG_6320.jpeg
    Additions:
    1. BMW cases. I dislike top cases, but for this bike it is way too convenient. I also much prefer hard cases for this purpose.
    2. BMW windscreen deflector bags
    3. Clearwater Ericas (replaced the stock fog lamps)
    4. Gilles Tooling enduro pegs
    5. Gilles Tooling hand levers, long brake and clutch
    6. Hondo Garage Perfect Squeeze mount on bar clamp
    7. @hunter306 reflective pannier decals (https://advrider.com/f/threads/refl...fit-available-in-black-red-and-white.1036693/)
    8. MachineartMoto ADVance guards
    9. MachineartMoto X-Head covers
    10. RKA luggage hard bag liners
    11. Sargent touring seats
    12. TT dual USB power outlet (replaces the stock BMW power outlet)
    13. TT 40mm bar risers
    14. TT kickstand foot enlarger
    15. TT kickstand switch guard
    16. TT large adventure touring windscreen
    17. TT pannier rack tool box
    18. Weiser Technik 2-in-1 LEDs
    19. Wunderlich clear headlight protector
    20. Yacugar steering damper
  17. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist Mehr Gelände Weniger Straße

Oddometer:
    Well done!! Not once but twice!! :clap:clap

Extra bonus points awarded for alphabetically listed accessories in both lists - OCD at its finest... Sorry, meant CDO... :lol3
    HBL and STLR like this.
  18. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:

I’m requesting a full garage tour please. Preferably video.
    Massabusa likes this.
  19. deep6blue

deep6blue Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you post a better picture of the BMW windscreen deflector bags? Thanks!
  20. STLR

STLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    100%. These are part #77492463535
    These are great for me as I am not a tank bag or handlebar bag kind of guy (I have tried and failed miserably). I added the 550 cord pulls, and you'll notice the left is red as I have a basic IFAK in it. The right side carries charging cords, light, ear pro, etc.
    IMG_6334.jpeg IMG_6332.jpeg IMG_6333.jpeg