1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Accessories for 1250GS/GSA

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by igi2003, Mar 12, 2019.

1. STLR

STLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Adam, I'm too LSHD for a video tour. I can accommodate a pic tour though and try not to sideline the thread too much.
    The motos are in our attached 2 car garage. I'll keep it simple so let me know if you have more specific questions.
    On the parking side, you can see my workbenches and the cubbies on either side of the entry door used for outerwear and footwear.
    IMG_6335.jpeg
    IMG_6323.jpeg
    This gives another view of the primary workbench with swing out seats, parts bin, and the wall o' moto luggage.
    IMG_6324.jpeg
    The maintenance/work side has the wall o' moto clothing, spare tires/wheels, primary toolbox, and my chest freezer, aka the cold immersion tub.
    IMG_6330.jpeg
    IMG_6326.jpeg
    Closer look of the official, George "I was in the pool" Costanza, tub.
    IMG_6322.jpeg

I used to have a moto lift and tire changer, but hardly used them so sent them home with a friend.
  2. RTinNC

RTinNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    WOW ... VERY VERY nice !! :beer
    STLR likes this.
  3. Rebelheart

Rebelheart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone tried phone charger adaptor that fits o gps mount?

Kind regards
  4. STLR

STLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. side-burn

side-burn Long timer

Oddometer:
    STLR likes this.
  6. Aviatordoc

Aviatordoc Hooligan extraordinaire Supporter

Oddometer:
    A CMB on the wall. I have one. Not many out there.
    iflysideways and STLR like this.
  7. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Your bike is looking great!

Any issues with bar clearance with the bags?
    :beer
    STLR likes this.
  8. STLR

STLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :thumbup If you’re interested, the company that makes those signs is Liquid Metal Designs. They’re very well designed and made. Keep your eyes peeled for sales, as they have some deep discounts. They’re currently showing a 50% President’s Day sale.

Thank you, and not at all. Keep in mind that I have risers, but these are made to fit with stock controls.
    154BB294-C0DB-431E-A67A-3E7DABFC773B.jpeg 794FDA0E-D658-470B-B2B1-CF5FE89BDCFD.jpeg
    Geek likes this.
  9. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist Mehr Gelände Weniger Straße

Oddometer:
    Got an e-mail from Wunderlich earlier today announcing the new cylinder head guards for Shifties. Something like MAM except these seem to have better coverage and overall better execution of the same idea:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks like they're fitting both Wunderlich and OEM lower engine guards: https://www.wunderlichamerica.com/wunderlich-valve-cover-cylinder-guards.html

Could be a good alternative for those wanting some protection but not necessarily engine guards etc - a bit more expensive than MAM with a little bit more coverage...

All we need now is a volunteer to buy them, unwrap them, install them and report out how good they are as a part of nuther advrider sciencey experiment! :-)
    Geek and STLR like this.
  10. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    They are nice looking, but typical Wunderlich, very expensive. Also, only available in pairs, so you can't replace just one.
    18415, falcofred and AdamChandler like this.
  11. side-burn

side-burn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm with you on the expensive, but at least they are probably built well. I've got a couple of their parts and I do like the quality/fit. Hopefully you don't need replacing very often, if ever, but yea sucks you can't just buy one. They do look nice though. I would have considered them over my BMW aluminum guards.
  12. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    ...and somehow was more expensive than MAM. Repeating myself here but I've spent thousands in Farkles and don't have one Wunderlich accessory. I just don't feel their products are worth what they charge.
    svtride and gadgettr1 like this.
  13. side-burn

side-burn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I feel the same way with Apple products but I'm a fan there too (quality and aesthetics). Don't want to get into a war over this, but I feel Wunderlich hits the mark more often in the looks department without sacrificing quality. I also have a gaming rig that laughs at my MacPro so it's ok to straddle the fence :lol3
  14. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist Mehr Gelände Weniger Straße

Oddometer:
    That's perfectly fine AC... I'm sure that there are plenty of buyers for both offerings... :D

The only thing Wunderlich I've got is blue anodized oil filter tool for my Hex/Camheads which has been worth asking price of ~$75 some 15 years ago - I still has it... :lol3

Otoh, Wunderlich has lost me as a customer when I realized that they were selling rebadged Hepco Becker lower/upper engine guards for Hex/Camhead GSs at substantial mark-up ie. they're selling someone else's R&D making sizeable profit by just offering different paint/name plate. :deal

As far as these guards go, I haven't seen anyone else offering this style and if I were to get Shifty GS (which isn't likely as GSA is primary choice), these would be considered. It's some $75-80$ difference vs. MAM and it may be worth it - but would like to see them in person first (they may be thinner than MAM, can't say)... I did like original LC MAMs but not the reduced version for Shifty...

Having options is good stuff... :D
    AdamChandler likes this.
  15. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah, they do make nice stuff! :thumb
    side-burn likes this.
  16. RTinNC

RTinNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes I got the same e-mail and thought the same ... WOW they look nice and good coverage. Yes a bit expensive but have to day every Wunderlich product I've bought has been good quality and fit well. And they seem to stand behind their products. If I had a 1250 these would be on my short list for sure. I love the MAM guards I have on my '06 RT but these seem better for the 1250.
  17. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    It wasn’t that long ago, crash bars cost what Wunderlich is charging for plastic and rubber molds. I wonder what KLR owners think of us for spending $300 for head guards.
    side-burn likes this.
  18. svtride

svtride Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^+++1
  19. side-burn

side-burn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn some of you boys are fickle over farkles.:lol3
    AdamChandler likes this.
  20. WyldCFH

WyldCFH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can find those Wunderlich head covers from an overseas retailer for $250 USD shipped. Why anyone would consider paying the massive upcharge for Wunderlich farkles from a US retailer is beyond me.
    side-burn likes this.