1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Accessories for 1250GS/GSA

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by igi2003, Mar 12, 2019.

1. virkdoc

virkdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes it is very stout no doubt.....with the Squadron Pros/ Hellas etc i had no shake......but the XL 80s made it shake. Adding a strip solved it
  2. bwiele

bwiele Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know this post is about 18 months old now, but does anyone know what footpegs these are? Thanks in advance!
  3. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist Mehr Gelände Weniger Straße

Oddometer:
    OE Accessory Black pegs:

[​IMG]

P# 77 25 2 452 958 / ...960, ~$350 for set at your friendly dealer...
  4. bmac

bmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    BMW HP
  5. STLR

STLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    http://www.gillestooling.com/

Gilles Tooling makes the milled GS pegs and levers. Great quality combined with an even greater price tag. Those specific pegs are really nice until they get packed with mud.
    xsf18cdf likes this.
  6. bwiele

bwiele Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks to all for the information.
  7. NewYorkLuke

NewYorkLuke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For the guys who bought the factory boxes what did you pay ? I’m trying to work a deal and like to make an offer all in accessories and all
  8. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    It is usually ~15% within 6 mo from date of bike purchase or at the time when the bike is purchased. Depending on other deal given (trade, discount on the bike, etc) you can try for more and see where you get with it...

The good part of buying cases with the bike is that they (cases) get same factory warranty like the rest of the bike ie. 3y. If bought afterward, it's I believe only 1 yr or so - ymmv...
    Fosters likes this.
  9. idea man

idea man Remote Plate Spinner Supporter

Oddometer:
    Okay, this is probably going to sound like a dumb question (which has never stopped me before), but is there anyone out there that doesn't like the digital TFT speedo? And would it theoretically (here comes the dumb-sounding part) be possible to retrofit the speedo from the previous model so you can watch a physical needle rotating across the gauge? Wait, it gets better: Could you mount the TFT where the Navi Prep goes (I'm not getting the Navi) so one could have the best of both...theoretically? Asking for a friend.
  10. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    Yep...it's possible. the 2nd part is pretty insane. It's like those guys that buy a front wheel drive GTI and ask about converting it to all wheel drive. It's possible but it's just cheaper to buy an A3 instead.
  11. idea man

Oddometer:
    Yeah, my friend is all kinds of crazy. I’ll let him know.
    STLR and AdamChandler like this.
  12. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    1. Hardly - many did upgrade to Shifty just for TFT. I have '16 w analog gauges and have no interest in watching physical needle moving around - would love TFT screen but it's not in cards for now...
    2. If you throw enough money into that project, I'm sure it can be done - it may be too expensive at the end, but it's only money...
    3. Theoretically yes but not sure why you'd want it there? And more importantly, where would GPS go then??

Yer frien' has way too much thinking time on their hands... :D
  13. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    Yeahbut, A3 is sedan and Golf GTI converted to all-wheel-drive is hatchback so I can see why from that pov...:-)

But wait there's more, why even bother with underpowered GTI and expensive all-wheel-drive conversion when there's Rolf aka Golf R, right outta Wolfsburg w more HP and all-wheel-drive as OE... :D

That's what I'd do... Waitaminute, did that already... :lol3
    AdamChandler likes this.
  14. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    It really depends on what you prefer. Some absolutely hate digital, especially the tach. The reason being that you can glance at the gauges and see the position of the needle and know instinctively what the value is. On digital your brain has to "do the math". I find that many older people are that way. Younger people tend to have instincts and preference towards a digital readout, likely due to growing up in the digital age.

I am fine either way.
    ATCguy likes this.
  15. idea man

Oddometer:
    I'll tell my friend to try it the way it comes and see if he can get his ancient head around it. (He works with computers for goodness sake). I am pretty sure my friend will never get the GPS. Takes away some of the "adventure" aspect of the road trip.
    JimVonBaden likes this.
  16. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    ^^ Your frien' is maybe dragging you down to the yesteryears of "adventure" aspects of the road trips, with having paper maps, tank bags w highlighted routes on such paper maps under yellow cover etc etc... Maybe it's the time to "shop" for new frien's, those who live in the present instead of past... :D

J/K... Whatever works for you (and your frien'!) to make up an adventure will be fine - old skool or new hi tech, it's all good... :-)
  17. cug

cug Out riding ... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've heard that (and might have said it myself) before, but I don't believe in that anymore.

The speedometers in today's bikes and cars have such a wide range that the analog readout is just too darn small and the fuzziness too big. Like the speedometer in my car goes to 200mph using only a 180 degree scale. Somewhat ridiculous. Legal and rather illegal speeds in towns are way too close together, I haven't even glanced at the analog readout in the last year and just use the digital it has right underneath the rev counter.

On the bike it has gotten more and more the same – they are just over 180 degress and go to what? 140 or 160mph? With the lower numbers too close together to get a good "instinctive" readout?

I'm all for analog in many ways, but with the capabilities of modern bikes, the suboptimal designs that are done for dashboards (Why not use AT LEAST 270 degrees? And possibly even a slightly non-linear scale for higher speeds.), ever higher fines on ever smaller speed infractions and so on digital readouts are a getting more and more important.

And I'm sorry, but someone telling me that getting a guesstimate readout from a small analog display like on the R1200GS LC models can be better and faster processed by their brain than a massive number displayed on the TFT has something else going on up there and shouldn't be riding anymore ...
  18. bmac

bmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree. The Digital dash is ultra clear and ultra easy to read. No math involved. I will be hard pressed to go back to analog after experiencing a really good Digital instrument panel.
    cug likes this.
  19. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    And yet, I see people say it all the time. Like I said, preference. Preference is not always logical, or we wouldn't be riding BMWs.
    igi2003 and 18415 like this.
  20. cug

cug Out riding ... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Agreed, but preference also isn't based on facts. I understand the "I like it better" argument and I can perfectly accept that, unless it's not actually usable (like in my car), but I don't agree with the arguments about it being faster or better.
    JimVonBaden likes this.