Accessories for 1250GS/GSA

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by igi2003, Mar 12, 2019.

1. bmac

bmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Huh?

It is perfectly logical to be riding the best all around bike I could find. Unless budget restraints are the driving force it would be illogical to do otherwise.
  2. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Talk to Strom owners, they claim theirs is best, and cheaper! :-)
  3. RoundTrip

RoundTrip Unintentional deerslayer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Everyone thinks their dog is the best, and they're right.
  4. deep6blue

deep6blue Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Being a TFT/digital dash, it's too bad you just can't program the display to offer different types of views. Some cars are like that now. You can change colors, instrument readouts and stuff. If you want a great big tach in the middle of the screen, just select the option.
  5. cug

cug Out riding ... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Personally I’d want CarPlay on it ... but only with a USB connection since the Bluetooth/WiFi stuff doesn’t work properly. But okay, configurable would be a start.
    MIKE STH and scout57 like this.
  6. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist Mehr Gelände Weniger Straße

Oddometer:
    I'm saving pesos for R13GS/A with that kinda TFT screen, so I can configure it any which way I likes. :deal

And, if I so desire, I could get entire TFT as one giant GPS - like virtual instrument cluster on Audi's and other VW family offerings... :D
  7. niftee

niftee n00b

Oddometer:
    Had a strom, it's cheaper but not the best. I saw the light and bought the GS.
  8. KSbinder

KSbinder idiot

Oddometer:
    Just picked up my Ice Grey R1250GSA, traded my 2019 F850GS. Was always intimidated by the big bike but after the 850 it's not that big of a deal. Rides the same except everything, EVERYTHING, is better for my type of riding.

Swapped over my Black Dog pegs from the 850, retained my Mosko Moto Reckless 80 bags(too small on the big girl but they'll work), ordered the Lone Rider headlight guard, ordered an AltRider skid plate and front of engine guard/plate, ordered the CANsmart/D7's and D2's/mounts from Denali(mounting D7's under and outward from the headlight/D2's on the fork just above the fender), Nomad tank bag from MoskoMoto, protective films from LaminX for tank/wear spots/headlight and auxiliary lights, ordered some more Nanoslic NS200 for underside of the fenders to keep mud from sticking and turning the big girl into an ice skate and some NS1500 coating for windshield, lenses, body, forks/shocks. Just ordered Dunlop Trailmax Mission tires for front and rear. Putting the miles down to get to 600 miles, get the first service at the dealer and then head out for Terlingua, TX and explore Big Bend NP. Then I'm getting the GS911 so I don't have to go back to the dealer any time soon and shut down those painfully obnoxious premature "service reminders".
    Limbow, cjoles and 18415 like this.
  9. idea man

idea man Remote Plate Spinner Supporter

Oddometer:
    This looks pretty sweet. https://blackboxembedded.com .... and something to do with my GPS Mount. Anybody have this? They are out of stock at the moment, but apparently the owners of the company are a software development team with a motorcycle problem. And way cheaper than the GPS.
    18415 likes this.
  10. 18415

18415 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    That’s a cool concept. I’ve seen cell mounts for the OEM harness, but that tapped into the bike function is a badass idea.
  11. timojhen

timojhen more will be revealed.... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Too funny. I was here searching to see if anyone had experience with these. Learned about it earlier today on the scenic app. Definitely intrigued, I'm not a big fan of the Nav VI. Sometimes the routing is so wonky I can't quite figure out what it was even trying to do.
  12. KSbinder

KSbinder idiot

Oddometer:
    Heck, I have the Nav VI and may ditch it for this!
    Magus likes this.
  13. idea man

Oddometer:
    I don't know these people, nor do I work for the company, but it looks like they are recovering from the Covid supply chain woes. Today, thanks to their September update, it shows that they have 93 of these deals in stock. https://blackboxembedded.com/products/wunderlinq-commuter-edition
    I'm not ready yet, but when I am this really seems like a good use of the Navi Cradle.
    timojhen, noodlelegs and AdamChandler like this.
  14. Norsman

Norsman ...a GSophile

Oddometer:
    Snagged one, thanks.
  15. MIKE STH

MIKE STH '19 R1250 GSA HP2 Let's Rock

Oddometer:
    Watching all the Youtubes on the Wunderlink - wonder why the phone mount isn't using QI charging - maybe faster data transmission?
    Also wondering about the best phone case for joining
  16. PanhandleChuck

PanhandleChuck 3rdRockAdvRider

Oddometer:
    Did I miss the HP shift-cam mega windshield thread somewhere? I know they’re a few options (Puig, OEM, MRA). I’m guessing the GSA screen works with existing hardware of the HP?

:ear
    :lurk
    :beer
  17. KSbinder

KSbinder idiot

Oddometer:
    I’m guessing this blackbox outfit is about to get really wealthy when they sell to BMW or Garmin. Looks like a viable, if not better, option
  18. cug

cug Out riding ... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Possibly. It's the same as the previous bikes from 2013 GS on. I installed mostly the same setup as I had it on my 2014. Side wings and Aeroflow HFX are updated, but the windshield itself is the same.
    PanhandleChuck likes this.
  19. idea man

Oddometer:
    I was thinking the same thing. These are great features that BMW may want a pice of. Especially after the new TFT comes out in its new larger size. Too bad it won’t get to the GSA’s for a while....according to the article I read. And since it was on the internet it must be true.
    18415 likes this.
  20. timojhen

timojhen more will be revealed.... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Same here, psyched. Shipped quickly, appreciate someone responsive and committed to the community. Keen to see how this plays out.