Acerbis Koerta (Pressure Suit) Initial Impressions

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Rogue_Ryder, Mar 26, 2007.

1. matkal

matkal Assault Commuter

Oddometer:
    FYI
    Thor does not make jerseys larger than 2XL
    Moose Racing makes 3X and some styles in 4XL
    MSR has some styles/colors in 3XL
  2. Blakduk

Blakduk Don’t be too practical.

Oddometer:
    thanks for the input. I managed to get two new Klim Revolt jerseys for $20 each (about US$16). They were unavoidably 2XL, so I'm hoping against the above advice that they fit nicely over my 2XL Koerta. I'll post how it goes when all the stuff arrives.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blakduk
    What size jersey would you wear over the 2XL Acerbis Koerta pressure suit.
    I'm 6'1" (185cm), 225lbs (100kgs)
    (Klim Revolt jersey)
  3. Blakduk

Oddometer:
    Well, I dunno.

I ordered the 2XL I thought and it arrived today. After grunting and swearing to get into it, it feels pretty damn snug.

The zipper at the front is real tight. The kidney belt seems about right, if I was 3 inches smaller in the gut, it would not adjust any tighter.

The forearms are very tight and have to pull the sleeves a little longer down to get the velcro strap to join.

The mesh is a little tight under the arms.

NOW TRY TO GET OUT OF THE F*****G THING. Almost impossible. I've sprained my shoulder trying to do the Houdini thing.

Now I see that it is L/XL NOT 2XL like I wanted.

Question: Will the mesh and the straps stretch a little. And should I try the larger one.
    I've never had a pressure suit before and assume that there has to be some pressure. If it was loose it would slip around?
    Does anyone else have trouble getting OUT of the thing?

I dunno. I'm 184cm and 210 - 220lbs. Borderline?
  4. LC8TY

LC8TY must......find........fuel

Oddometer:
    It sounds like your pressure suit is too small Blackduk.

I'm 6ft, 205 pounds and have the L/XL Acerbis and it fits right for me. The mesh is a bit loose and I adjust the straps on the armour to keep it in place. I had it for a year now and I don't think that it has stretched at all.
    If it's sized right, It should feel like your not wearing it......untill you hit the dirt that is. Then you'll know your wearing it. :thumb

I just got a 2XL Klim Mojave jersey (the ultimate in cool) to go over the top of the armour. Works great!
  5. matkal

matkal Assault Commuter

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Houdini is right! My 2X fits pretty good, maybe a bit big in the chest but not much, sleeves are just right and I have a hell of a time getting it off especially after working up a sweat.

I've only used it once so far and I like it! Vents well, feels good while riding. I tried it with a tank top and it felt as though it would chafe my arm pits so I put on a snug "high-tech" T-shirt and it was fine. Definitely wear a jersey over it in the woods! Now to find an "enduro" jacket to fit over it.
  6. mike1952

mike1952 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wear a 48 or 50 jacket, who makes a pressure suit that will fit?
  7. huzar

huzar Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer:
    Yeti, did you have any problems with the Leatt and the 2x Koerta? I just got a 2X Koerta, called the US Rep with questions about the Leatt, and was told that they don't work unless you're really small, 'cause the back protector gets in the way. Did you mod your back protector by removing the top piece or two?
  8. B-Rod

B-Rod RubberNecker

Oddometer:

Try wearing the Leatt under the Koerta. I found it feels fine, but, sadly, have not ridden with it yet. F-ing weather!
  9. huzar

huzar Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer:
    Completely under the Koerta? The back piece will be under the Koerta anyway... so I guess I'm not clear on what you're saying. Can you post a pic of what you mean
  10. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    I've had a Koerta Pressure Suit for 2 seasons and haven't used it that much since I don't get to ride offroad that often. So, with light use I'm noticing the kidney belt hook & loop ("Velcro") no longer holds while riding (and no I haven't gotten fatter :D), it pops apart constantly. Annoying and not performing it's function. 2 other guys I know who have the Koerta Pressure Suit tell me the same thing. The kidney belt hook & loop starts failing fairly quickly, I wonder what the warranty is? I sent a "Contact" form email to MX1WEST, where I bought it, asking about warranty. MX1 reponded: "Acerbis USA handles warranties on their products: Infousa@Acerbis.com or 800-659-1440. Ketchum Idaho."
    I'll give Acerbis a call tomorrow.

I really like the pressure suit and want to keep using it, but the kidney belt won't stay closed. :huh

I've had a regular kindey belt for road riding that I've put on every day, twice a day for commuting -- for 4 years, vastly more use that I give the Koerta, and the hook&loop is still fine. Hmm.
  11. B-Rod

B-Rod RubberNecker

Oddometer:
    Put the Leatt on first (or put the Koerta on, but don't zip it up), and zip the Koerta up as high as you can, over both the front and back pieces.
  12. Blakduk

Oddometer:
    Well FFS #@#%^&* (&^^%% $#@@$% ^&^^%$ !!!

It's pretty obvious I'm going to have to lose about 10kg to properly fit my Koerta. :eek1:eek1:eek1

Black Fat Duck
  13. wparkinson

wparkinson Gear Whore

Oddometer:
    I had kinda the same probelm but mine was from by belly being too big... I work on an army post and there are sew shops all over the place. I took it to one and had them add some real VELCRO to the belt and it worked great. I do think that is one of the weak points of the design. I love mine and wear it everytime I ride off road....

I was looking for info on using the Leatt with it..... I have heard that they weren't but see here it says it does...

Anyone got any pics of the Leatt with the Koerta?
  14. wparkinson

wparkinson Gear Whore

Oddometer:
    Hey guys... well I got the Leatt to go with my Koerta. Well I was haveing a problem with getting them to work together.

My first idea was to put the back of the Leatt on fiirst. Then put the Koerta on. Zip it up and then put on the front of the Leatt on the top.
    [​IMG]
    leatt 003 by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    leatt 002 by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

Now one thing I did like with this is I could put the Jersey over top of it...

It worked ok but wasn't really happy with the way it fit. So I decided to make a little alteration to the Koerta.

Before.....

[​IMG]
    Acerbis leatt 002 by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Acerbis leatt 003 by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Acerbis leatt 004 by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

After.....

[​IMG]
    Acerbis leatt 014 by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Acerbis leatt 015 by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Acerbis leatt 013 by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Acerbis leatt 012 by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Acerbis leatt 009 by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Acerbis leatt 007 by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

Now I only took about 2" of material form the Koerta. Then used some 1.5in elastic to give the edge some finish and strength. When I put the Leatt on now I can zip the Koerta all the way up... minus about an inch....

Now I just gotta figure how to get the Jersey over the Leatt...:D

WP
  15. Brtp4

Brtp4 Powdercoat it. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very, very well thought out, and well done.

BP
  16. header

header Chris

Oddometer:
    :spam See my signiture for my sale add of one of these Koerta.
  17. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:

Indeed. That's solid. :thumb
  18. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    After reading all positive reviews I'm ordering one for myself. Just got proper off road machine (CRF 450X) and riding in old fashioned roost guard (when there is no roost because I'm always leading) doesn't feel very secure. Will post short review after this weekend.
  19. header

header Chris

Oddometer:
    If you still havent gotten one yet I can make you a deal on one :deal
  20. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    Already picked up Medium / Small. It's coming with UPS today :D

D.