Acerbis Koerta (Pressure Suit) Initial Impressions

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Rogue_Ryder, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Cap'nKanuckles

Cap'nKanuckles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm curious about that as well.. I've been thinking about buying either the Koerta or Cosmo suit, for street riding now, and for use when i do some adventure riding in the future. I wear a Cortech GX Air jacket and gauntlet gloves for upper body now, but i'd remove the protection and just wear the pressure suit if i get one..
    Any ideas of how it would work on the street? Anyone doing this now as their street gear?
    thanks
    don
  2. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    I've owned both Koerta and Cosmo and still have the Cosmo for dirt. IMHO they are too complex and snug fitting to take on and off for daily casual street riding, the zippers would probably fail quickly. If you only ride street infrequently, they would be fine.
  3. hyperboarder

hyperboarder Potato Farmer

Oddometer:
    Bumping this because I had an awesome experience with Acerbis USA. I got a used Koerta, the PO wasn't a fan of the shoulder/collarbone straps and pulled them off. He sent the straps with the suit but lost the hardware. I finally got around to calling them up to get replacements, and not only would they not take my money, they threw in some stickers and a coupon as well. Awesome customer service, they've got me as a repeat customer for sure. Now if they could only tell me how to rid the suit of his stank :D.
  4. bomber60015

bomber60015 tikkun olam Supporter

Oddometer:
    go to REI or Erehwon or similar, tell you need something to get the rankiness out of your boots/shoes . . . . . . .great products out there for JUST this application (I used something called, I think, Rank-away).
  5. hyperboarder

hyperboarder Potato Farmer

Oddometer:
    I'll look into it. Just hosed it down with Febreze for the 3rd or 4th time :D.
  6. Vinny V strom

Vinny V strom Always trying to get away

Oddometer:
    Buying my second one. First one saved me dozens if not hundreds of times . I fall a lot while riding my KTM 450. I've been hurt on other areas but not where this one protects . Overkill for most stuff but worth having . I think it saved a long hospital stay or maybe my life 2 weeks ago. Trying to go up a narrow hill, flipped the bike and it landed on my chest. I had to get rid of my helmet (Hit a tree and passed out) . My friends removed the bike off my chest. Skid plate facing me so the full weight of the bike was on me. Last thing I remember is the solid hit of the bike on me as it crashed down from 3 feet in the air. No injury, not even a bruise I the area it protects. I did have a sore neck, headache and pain on my coccyx. Not a fault of Koerta. Had it for 3 years . started to tear around the shoulder from hitting trees at speed. Just bought another today. A little warm in Texas summers ( what isnt?) . I ride with a shirt underneath . 5'10", 184#. Lg/Xl.