1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

ACT ADV Riders Thread...Discover the ACT and surrounds

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Oz Nutter, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
    I almost bought one of these instead of the new ute

Such a cool little car

We had the very first two models - soft top three-cylinder two strokes - PNG ran on Suzukis in the 70s - and Honda monkey bikes ...

[​IMG]
  2. sidetrack one

sidetrack one Chief Tiddler Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ah,memories!!! I had a LJ50 when I lived in PNG in the 80s,incredible machine!
    ferals5, davorallyfan, Hoots and 2 others like this.
  3. Toe - Cutter

Toe - Cutter 666

Oddometer:
    Zook

:thumb

image.jpeg
  4. Boxa

Boxa 2 Smoking Barrels

Oddometer:
    I had an LJ50 van as well. Great lil 4x4.

I was working at the local Suzuki shop, Cornel, we had a Suzuki ute as the workshop hack, tripple carbs with extractors.

Every one used to fight over going and picking up the lunches from the shop around the corner.

Some of the customers used to put all sorts of motors in them, mazda rotaries, corolla's, and a vw golf diesel to name a few.
  5. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist

Oddometer:
    It is unique and engaging to drive. It is not fast, has lots of mod cons and is cute as a kitten. I have not been overtaken by a semi trailer... yet.
    [​IMG]
  6. crazy cat

crazy cat Crazy cat

Oddometer:
    Keep a diary on every call ,what time ,who you talked to ,what they said .i worked for half my life in the moter repair industry and those customers who kept a diary always won there cases and the squeaky wheel gets the grease so keep at them
  7. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    Snow is to be seen from Bemboka and Candelo this morning.:vardyGusty too.
    Hoots and BergDonk like this.
  8. OzCRU

OzCRU Long timer

Oddometer:
    So True!

It saved me big with an issue on our car a number of years ago. Was quoted one price over the phone, agreed & took the car in, confirmed all the work on arrival & handed over the keys. When the work was complete went to pick up the car again & was told a much more expensive price - said please explain. Service manager got involved, so I explained & advised that I had it all in notes from the phone calls written down at home - I could scan it & send it in. He said that would be good.
    I ended up paying the original price & someone in the service department got a big kick you know where.

My 'Motto' that has served me well over the years: Person with the most 'info/notes/proof' generally wins.
  9. waldecker

waldecker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another perfectly good road ruined by ridiculous speed limits:

https://aboutregional.com.au/new-speed-limits-for-mount-darragh-road-between-wyndham-and-cathcart/

It was one of the better rides in my immediate back yard, but when I encountered this today unexpectedly I had to turn around and flee..
    80km on the straights, and 60 in anything that has the slightest bend in it- totally stupid, and since that particular road was heavily policed even before it's just not worth the risk.
    Money spent on dozens of new road signs decorating the burnt out forests along that road surely could have been used for something more useful....
    GodSilla, Ron50, Moff52 and 1 other person like this.
  10. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:

This is because a very small number of mostly out-of-town motorists have killed themselves or other people on that road over the last few years. The locals are absolutely spewing over this fuck-up. And it IS a fuck-up.

The irony is that the folks who decide the law doesn't apply to them will simply ignore it anyway, so what's the point? :dunno
    Moff52 and BergDonk like this.
  11. Toe - Cutter

Toe - Cutter 666

Oddometer:
    Cuddle em too hard ,

And they,ll die in your arms .....
    Hoots likes this.
  12. Bounty1

Bounty1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Whereabouts on the Paroo is that, looks nice.
  13. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist

Oddometer:
    3 stone throws from the Wanarring Pub (closed) byo and take a yabbie net. Very relaxing.
    Another beer please and Bounty1 like this.
  14. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    I took a ride yesterday to Eden and back, through the forests.

Tantawangalo is toast, very sobering. The permanently damp creek floors that were abundant with ferns and stuff got roasted, and the trees got well done too, recovery is not quick or even. Folllowing the Towamba River corridor past Rocky Hall, and then taking the Snake track to Kiah, some bits are well-scorched, other bits are burned, some bits are untouched, and the river corridor itself looks to have been largely spared. There is some bad damage down the Snake Track as well.
    A new bloke has bought the Kiah store on the highway just south of the bridge, he had to close for 7 months just after he got it. He sells the cheapest '98 and diesel (by around 10c a litre) and also does Villi's pies (he said he's order pasties too after I spoke with him) so give him a go if you are down that way.

Rode home via Nethercote (lovely as always) and Myrtle Mountain, which has some burned stretches in it too, though it seems to not have burned too hot. Plenty of damage down here away from the coast.

A lovely day for it, despite the ugly damage. Bike went well (as expected) and returns around 23kpl taking it easy.
    City Gone Bad, Moff52 and BergDonk like this.
  15. DazRSV

DazRSV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gday all,

just wondering if anyone has been through to Mulloon Creek Tallanaganda Reserve campground recently keen to know if the old tree at the back of the camp survived the fires?
    NPNSW has the area as closed on the interweb .
    One of my all time favourite campsites.
    Thanks.
  16. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
    We've been sticking to the area south of Lowden Rd

That part wasn't burnt, and remains open
    DazRSV likes this.
  17. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    There are still closed main forest roads down here around the Bega area. NPWS and State Forestry don't have enough rangers to patrol entry, but cameras are cheap and plentiful and if you get photographed in closed areas you can expect a hefty fine. Be warned.
  18. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    I took my favourite Saturday morning ride to Candelo to buy the newspapers this morning :ricky and bumped into local area inmate @trotsky at the Candelo General Store on his sweet 350 twin-spark Royal Enfield out doing a fairly decent solo loop for the day. It was really nice to chat, good to meet you.:thumb

There were a few bikes out and about this morning, nice conditions for a ride.
  19. Trotski

Trotski Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And good to meet you too Gods, ended up doing 450km all told
    20200912_144512.jpg
  20. dunc

dunc Coddiwompler

Oddometer:
    Screenshot 2020-09-13 200047.jpg
    jindabyne
    Screenshot 2020-09-13 200408.jpg
    kiandra
    Screenshot 2020-09-13 200727.jpg
    geehi
    UncleGra, Dukehunt, BergDonk and 5 others like this.