1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

ACT ADV Riders Thread...Discover the ACT and surrounds

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Oz Nutter, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
    She was opposite the Supreme Dry Cleaner - ie right here:

Parkig is easy in the underground Coles carpark - free for a couple of hours I think

That was a couple of years ago - bit concerned that Google has something called Acronym IT in pretty much that spot ...

It was only a tiny place that she had, but even so ... maybe call Acronym IT and ask if they murdered a little Chinese lady and stole her hole in the wall ...

If so, carbon copies of her business exist in Dickson and also Queanbeyan - if you Google 'clothing alteration Canberra' you'll see them - I've used both for bits and pieces, and always excellent ...
    GodSilla likes this.
  2. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    Excellent, thanks Sam.
  3. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice loop around the Brindies today - so beautiful up there - pretty wild at times, but a great run ...

20200923_102800.jpg
    20200923_113441.jpg
  4. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    I've been wanting to do a run over my old stomping grounds in the Brindies for a little while now, it's a shame I couldn't make the time to be there Sam.

I'm in Canberra next weekend and I have Saturday mostly free, I'm half-tempted to bring my bike.
    hunter_greyghost likes this.
  5. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
    My suspension probably won't be back from the tuner by then (in QLD)

But the w/e after I'll be keen
    GodSilla likes this.
  6. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    Didja know there is a suspension tech with a shock dyno at Shannon's Flat of all places? @ADpete has used him and reported good results, I'm thinking I might give him a go myself when the time comes.
    davorallyfan and Moff52 like this.
  7. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist

Oddometer:
    Any more info Tom. Keen to dial in the 790.
  8. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, yes I did

This is for the Beta XTrainer - there's a bloke in QLD who's got a machining fix for the Beta XTrainer suspension (ex Full Force Racing Components, FFRC) - he's done about 200 of them - it's really the XTrainer's only flaw - works fine for slow stuff (the design brief) but doesn't cope well with faster riding - this vid gives the details, including the machining fix:

9. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
  10. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    Jacket update. I got a new zip from the little place in Manuka. Not a big heavy duty YKK or similar, but hopefully good enough. She reckons they're not available in Cbr, I found one on eBay but its yet to arrive. When it does, it'll be here as a spare if ever needed. Cost, including the supplied zip, was $75 which I think is entirely reasonable, bordering on cheap. A replacement Klim Badlands is up past $1600, so good value. I got mine hardly used on the flea market for $500 when they were $1200 new and its morphed into my all time favourite jacket.
  12. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    The Badlands is a good bit of kit eh.

I've got 4 good tops/jackets made of polar fleece where the zip has just failed, but at $75 for a replacement zip they would be going in the bin. One of them only cost $5 from the Rivers discount store FFS, but I struggle to throw out functional stuff that just need a minor repair to become fully functional again. I am conflicted.
    How an under-$10 zip can end up being $75 installed is a bit hard for me to grasp as well. That could just be the "Canberra" tax at work too.
    I might speak with WifeSilla while she has the sewing machine out, could be an option.
  13. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    Take, say, $15 off for the zip, or $5 even. Then how long does it take to carefully unstitch the old zip and then fit a new one? Plus the front end overheads of liaising with a customer, having a shop etc, and $100/hr being the going rate for decent trades people, I have no issue with the $75.

A couple of old polar fleeces and a padded shirt have had their zips fail this way too, so the missus removed the zips and stitched the fronts together to make them jumpers.
    ferals5, bungen, Boxa and 4 others like this.
  14. Toe - Cutter

Toe - Cutter 666

Oddometer:
    Woodja - Wadbillga 11/10/20 image.jpeg
    Conways
    image.jpeg

Razorback DNF due to missing bridge and risk matrix ...combo ! I,ll be back ...

Great vistas off the Tuross all the way ,, never seen it like that ..

tuross @ two river plain crossing 0.5 mtr , true to gauge data. just up stream...:raabia

Rocky btm
    ferals5, Hoots, Super duke and 10 others like this.
  15. Super duke

Super duke n00b

Oddometer:
    Can you do this in a 4wd? Are there many trees down... Gerry
  16. Ron50

Ron50 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Razorback and Wadbilliga are still officially closed but the road up from Belowra to Pikes Saddle has never been in better condition.

A long, skinny tree at waist height was across Woila Creek Track but a powerful motorcyclist moved that yesterday. 4WD no trouble at all.
    Super duke and BergDonk like this.
  17. Toe - Cutter

Toe - Cutter 666

Oddometer:

A forester would do it atm ..
  18. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    I came up from Bodalla on the S10 via Belowra and Badja Forest on Monday, and it about as easy as it ever gets. Not as easy as before the storms, but dead easy all the same. Just gotta to keep remembering turn the ABS and TC off, especially the TC for the run up the hill which doesn't work on the fly like the ABS kill does..
    Super duke likes this.
  19. Toe - Cutter

Toe - Cutter 666

Oddometer:
    Ahh , the good Ol days ...

When we had a kill switch , and a fuel tap .....

Christ today I glanced at the Nav man gadget on dash of a wagon I drive occasionally ...

It was telling me " warning " Lateral winds , up ahead 1.25 klm.. FFS .

ITS A RACE TO THE BTM OF THE BRAIN STEM !!
    BergDonk and GodSilla like this.
  20. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I think may all time favourite road sign is on the Princes Highway in Gippsland in a few places, 'Warning, Trees Near Road'. :hmmmmm
    Hoots likes this.