AdamChandler's Rides and Wanderings, 2020 Edition

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by AdamChandler, Mar 4, 2020.

1. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    June 19th & 20th: We stayed in Pittsburg New Hampshire and rode our bikes around for 2 days well..some did 3 days of riding, I did 1 day of riding. It was a total of around 150 miles on the Beta (thanks to @MoXoM who trailered my bike up there). @Snowboy71 and @Red Card also joined and @Djayr who I met for the first time.

The goal was that everyone trailer their bikes up so we could bring a lot of amenities like comfortable sheets, pillows, food and cooking tools. Harry brought his kayak and I think that was his grill. The goal was fun and relaxation and not trying to travel as light as possible. We've found we have a lot more fun riding around our bikes when there's no gear on them versus packing enough to eat and sleep and then pushing around heavy bikes. While I don't think this is a new trend for us (trailering) it was nice for me especially because riding an enduro bike 3 hours north on pavement with 50 liters of gear on the back sucks..

Here are the 3 loops combined that Harry came up with for everyone:
    [​IMG]

We were based in the middle where the flag icon is at the 1st Connecticut Lake. We did nearly every one of these rides except the top left one as far as I know. Everyone had a great time. Only thing that got broken was a KTM turn signal. the bikes performed well, everyone had fun and I passed out at the fire one night.

Video:

Photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    BigDogRaven, ejm4 and Red Card like this.
  2. Red Card

Red Card Second chances

Oddometer:
    Great photos Adam! Another exciting weekend in the bag.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  3. MoXoM

MoXoM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Once again.. great job piecing this together..!!!
    The voiceover “vlog” really captures the elements we endured.
    The hair on my arms raised seeing that grassy steep climb again..
    well done everyone..!!
    AdamChandler likes this.
  4. Snowboy71

Snowboy71 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fun trip you guys and good riding. Adam, thanks for great photos and videos once again. Always appreciated and you do a good job with them. My AT is feeling a bit battle worn after the ditches of death going up that overgrown section and all the dust. Was for sure jealous of you and Jay on the smaller bikes!
    AdamChandler likes this.
  5. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys. My videos would be a lot better if I didn't enjoy the ride and focused more on getting the shot so while it's a fixed position (my helmet), I do love watching these back years from now and they're still good memories! it was a total of 3.5 hours of video edited down to 24 minutes. I need to work on making them more concise.

If anyone wants to be "camera 2" let me know and I'd be happy to let anyone use my other goPro w/ spare batteries to record from their vantage. would make videos a bit more immersive and multi-channel.
    Red Card likes this.
  6. MoXoM

MoXoM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’ll volunteer for that..
    I just got a Cardo packtalk So I might be able to add some 3rd party Voice overs onto the GoPro video..
    An endless rant of. “.. ohh.. f**ck... noooo... goddammit.. holy shit.. woo-hoo and whoa Nellies” to the vlog.. .
    Lol..
    Your dedication to capturing the essence of what we did is very much appreciated on this end..
    AdamChandler and Red Card like this.
  7. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Next ride, I’ll bring the helmet mount and a spare GoPro. Would be fun to be honest.
  8. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    July 17th - 19th: NEAR Rally at Field and Forest in Harrisville NH. This is my first time going to this rally and while the space is primarily used by Jeep 4x4 events, they did a great job of designing the routes. We did a guided route but 3 of us went out on our own instead of with the groups of 8-12. I'm glad we did. No map link for this day but I just have photos & video:

PHOTOS:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VIDEO:

I plan on going back next year.
    dirtyoffroad, Red Card and ejm4 like this.
  9. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    July 24th - 27th: In May, I did sections 5-8 of the NEBDR with some friends at a time when the section 8 north of Rangely Maine was cut due to land owner issues so we got to Rangeley and it was done. Boooo. Well, Section 8 was re-added this time utilizing a connector from Rangeley to the "Hampster Ride" north of Errol. Good idea and still allows riders to reach Canada via Maine and then back to NH. A team of ADVRiders in Vermont emailed me and offered to be their 7th rider and take part in their 3 day ride. They left Woodsville NH and I met up with them in Canaan. This being my 2nd time I've ridden this section and 8th time roughly on the Hampster, it wasn't all that challenging for me but I still had fun. Any opportunity to ride is worth it!

Here's our route:
    [​IMG]

Here's the video...note it's 40 minutes but this time some special touches were added. This video covers 600 miles of riding, includes Gimbal supported iPhone video of various moments like me riding down a hill with no gear on, drone footage of beautiful Rhubarb pond with riders and @Hogges helmet camera (a Hero Session 5) with yours truly doing VoiceOver. All in all, this was 7 HOURS of video down to 40 minutes. I watched the video about 5 times each time making it shorter and shorter but brevity is not my strong suit thus this video in 4K, 60FPS is best suited for television viewing. Crack open a Vermont IPA and sit back:

Here are some photos:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hogges likes this.