1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

AdamChandler's Rides and Wanderings, 2020 Edition

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by AdamChandler, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Red Card

Red Card Second chances

Oddometer:
    Congratulations!
    AdamChandler likes this.
  2. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    Doing this ride on Saturday. Wish me luck!
    [​IMG]
  3. OldBarKeep

OldBarKeep A Focker

Oddometer:
    Good Luck Adam!!
    AdamChandler likes this.
  4. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
  5. Jbarth13

Jbarth13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Adam, I got the impression from your YouTube videos of the ride home from the trip out west that you had debated doing an ss1k or bbg 1500 on the ride home, but ended up not bothering? Any plans to try and record the minuteman 1k? I’ve been thinking about doing that ride for quite awhile now.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  6. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Hi, you're correct. I've done maybe 4 trips where I've done 900-950 miles in a day and so I think I'm ready to take on a proper 1000 mile ride. The plan was to do the 1500 mile butt burner gold and I did get pre-approval from the IBA but doing one really requires that I get out onto a faster interstate and I just don't have the time to do that this year so then I though 1500 miles in 36 hours which would basically be Louisville and back home with a hotel ride but I finally thought "it's fall foliage time up here and I've never toured around during the leap-peeping season" so I googled "New England Iron Butt 1000" and found the minuteman. It basically starts 1 mile from my house so I can gas up and hop on it and be back after dark. Not sure yet if I'm going to go south or North first.

and OF CORSE I'm going to record it :)
  7. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Thunderbutt likes this.
  8. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    September 26th: In lieu of a group ride on the Flatlander or Hampster this year, PackinDirt and I went out for a day ride on the "Dirty Dog" Route

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We did 236 miles which includes Lebanon NH to Killington on Route 4 then Dirty dog North to P&H Truck stop (wells river) then I-91 home. So I'd say roughly 140 miles of the Dirty Dog. This video is our day. Here's the GPX track from our ride:
    [​IMG]

The entire time, @PackinDirt and I were saying how much fun this route is. Fantastic job making this easy on big bikes (we both had knobbies) and challenging. We did I believe 5-6 Class IV roads in total (many unmarked but were clearly unmaintained) and while technical, they weren't challenging but in the Spring, they'll be pretty hard. One section was so rutted out I'd hate to ride that in the Spring :p

So Dirty Dog is a dual sport ride in spring and. ADV rider in Fall (at least this section was)
  9. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    October 3rd: IronButt 1000 Ride

I've been wanting to do one of these for a while. After Colorado, I was getting the itch having spent most of my Summer on dirt roads I felt like the GS Adventure's road prowess was being wasted so I put on some street tires, cleared my calendar and did a ride. I ended up doing the Minuteman 1000 - https://www.minuteman1000.com/SS1K_ROUTE.html which I'm glad I found because my original plan was to ride to Ohio and back which wouldn't have been very scenic.

I left the house around 4:30AM and had some coffee and was on the bike at 5:10AM. I ended up getting home just after 11:30PM with over 1000 miles in the saddle. I have some blisters on my hands and a very sore butt.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I probably could have woken up the next morning and did another 500 miles (butt burner) but that'll be for a future ride. I'm glad that this worked out and I'm also sort of happy it's over.
    OldBarKeep likes this.
  10. OldBarKeep

OldBarKeep A Focker

Oddometer:
    Adam,
    Nicely done! I respect the first swear wasn't until 800 miles! I would have been letting the F-bombs fly in the morning fog!
    AdamChandler likes this.
  11. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    the last 100 miles was the hardest. I slept so well
    Ikeya-Seki likes this.
  12. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    While it is NOT an update to the ride report (and mods may surely delete it), it is related to the 'story' of my part in this sport. I put the long form down on my blog - https://adamchandler.me/blog/2020/10/14/my-youtube-channel-has-reached-7-million-views/ but this photo below is the most exciting part. This is a HUGE milestone for a motorcycle channel. Not many channels out there have many millions of views but no matter what, I'm proud to have hit this. For the record, I'm doing about 150,000 views a month:
    [​IMG]

For reference, FortNine which has 1 million subscribers has 140 million views. Yep, a LOT more than me but that's at an entirely different level. Itchy boots with 600K subscribers has 67 million views. I'm definitely punching above my weight relative to my 8K subscribers. IB has 111 views per subscriber. I have 875 views per. Crazy conversion there.

Oh, another milestone September was my most profitable YouTube month ever. $477. I should equal or surpass that in October at the current rate. Just amazing. thank you guys for watching these.
    Klinc207, Callisto224 and Ikeya-Seki like this.
  13. Ikeya-Seki

Ikeya-Seki Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Adam, that's truly a milestone. Bravo Zulu.
    AdamChandler likes this.