AdamChandler's "Rosie Red" 2018 GS Adventure Build Thread

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by AdamChandler, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Carlisja

Carlisja A wandering soul. Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bathroom scales are a helluva lot more accurate than truck scales.
    nk14zp and AdamChandler like this.
  2. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Just a pet peeve, like there, their and they're.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  3. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist More Gelände less Straße

Oddometer:
    I thought that's all the same... :roflI re-read the actual post coupla of times myself to make out of it of what I thought it meant... :imaposer

With threads going off topic frequently lately, it takes a bit more of mental energy to keep up... Add to it that @AdamChandler Rozie acquired English, French, 'Stralian and numerous other languages spoken audience and it's easy to get "lost in translation"... :jack

And now, we're back to Rozie's farkling extravaganza, already in progress... :clap:clap

:thumb
    AdamChandler and JimVonBaden like this.
  4. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist More Gelände less Straße

Oddometer:
    I'm very curious how you made it out with the powder coater for the rear plastic piece... Hope that saga will have happy ending!! :D
  5. LANCIVPT

LANCIVPT Carbon Pilot

Oddometer:
    Am I missing something - but can you not screen your calls on the TFT as well as hang up etc? I have been doing it on my GSA. My reason for having the phone on the bar is to run additional apps for navigation etc.
  6. Carlisja

Carlisja A wandering soul. Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The panda eats, shoots and leaves.
    KneeDrachen likes this.
  7. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    :baldy
    KneeDrachen and AdamChandler like this.
  8. WADE-O

WADE-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll post this since I think it's cool. I know most of the people on here aren't on Instagram but Altrider posted about this thread and Adam's youtube channel. I think it's great to see companies recognize their customers. Screenshot_20190223-212354_Instagram.jpg
    nk14zp, Dogslobber, eddyturn and 4 others like this.
  9. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    You're right and I think I'm still stuck in the mindset of my old bike and not having that functionality. This'll be my first riding season w/ TFT. I may arrive at that position where I can forgo the mount front & center

Whoa, Yeah I never would have seen this since I'm not on the 'gram. well I have a beer one but it's updated once a month and that's only because people keep telling me that Flickr is dead :( https://www.flickr.com/photos/adamjackson/ I think Flickr is much better than Instagram but oh well.
    LANCIVPT likes this.
  10. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Guess I should go ahead and make these videos public? They're accessible w/ link just not listed publicly:

[​IMG]
    nk14zp likes this.
  11. miker325

miker325 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, make them public and see how many hits you get that are outside the inmates on this forum.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  12. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Last time I did that, a ton of people unsubscribed. :p It was the day I posted a lot of dirt bike mod videos. like 8 of them.
  13. russ4ru

russ4ru All Time n00b.

Oddometer:
    You might need an Instagram account !!
  14. Mikey Mike

Mikey Mike Blowing Bubbles Supporter

Oddometer:
    When are you going to let JVB pull the engine apart :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3 .. a joint channel :)
    AdamChandler and JimVonBaden like this.
  15. regnaDkciN

regnaDkciN crown bearing @ 60k, clutch @ 69k,HyperPros @ 70k Supporter

Oddometer:
    and Deez, Dose and Dem.
  16. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Touratech Frame Guards installed. These are $79 each versus $29 each that BMW sells for their 1st party rally guards. While I think these are a little bit more rugged and fit better, they don't fee as nice as the BMW solution:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

russ4ru, mikegc and deadflagblues like this.
  17. Longrider9

Longrider9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Adam,
    I'm appreciating your videos and reviews.

Regarding the installation of the MAM right head covers, have you considered moving the right upper front mount point from the inside to to the outside of the attachment point? This would should give you more clearance between the MAM cover and the Altrider lower crash bar.

Has anyone done this, and if you have, did the lower crash bars attach properly with the right upper front mount point moved from the inside to the outside?

I believe that Altrider has changed their mounting instructions to reflect this change.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  18. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Others have done this and I hope they'll reply here or link to a good resource with pictures on how to do it. I am able to get the X-Head on and off no issue on the last bike when I did my spark plugs changed so the close tolerance isn't an issue. However, I don't disagree that the alternative instructions do allow more space. I may make the change but I don't feel compelled to at this time. If I do make the change and feel like it's a revelation w/o compromising the effectiveness of the bars (not sure how it would), I'll definitely post that up.

Will preemptively email AltRider to see if they have an opinion on this method of mounting.
  19. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    • Jesse Racks + Boxes (On Order)
    • Touratech's new Nano Auxiliary Light Guards (Arriving Thursday)
    • Another Embossed GS Tank Sticker hopefully easier to apply than the last (on order)
    • Wunderlich Frame Bags (purchased on ADVRider used for $40 arriving this week, I don't think I'll keep them but who knows)
    • Luggage Grid Repainting (should be done today, let's see how badly they screw this up)
    • Installation of front camera dash cam that I can't seem to find a place for (anyone have a forward facing dash cam on their GS and have some pictures?)
    • Custom License plate. Applied for, we'll see if I get it. It's a good one :)

We are nearing the end. I'd estimate by by next weekend, Rosie will surely be done and ready to ride.
    mr_10brook and deadflagblues like this.
  20. Huckwheat

Huckwheat Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Adam,
    If you ever want the BMW solution, I have a next-to-new pair sitting in my garage. I bought them for my '16, then ended up trading for an '18 that came with them. Let me know & we can work something out.