ADAR 2008 - All Day Adventure Ride

Discussion in 'Canada' started by davidvan, Dec 15, 2007.

1. davidvan

davidvan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello Adventure Riders! Winter is here, at least in the northern hemisphere and
    for most I'm sure the bikes are in the garage, sleeping off thier winter.

Did you know in Ontario that the Ontario Dual Sport Club hosts an all day ride
    event aimed to provide that ultimate adventure?

The All Day Adventure Ride has lived through two events within one year, and in
    support of the Ontario Dual Sport Club (ODSC) the ADAR also supports
    MADD Canada www.madd.ca (Mother's Against Drunk Driving).

Visit www.odsc.on.ca and ask the members about the ADAR!
    It may be winter, but the ADAR is coming! Will you be up for the challenge?

[​IMG]

Do you have questions about the ADAR? Send the ADAR Team a message.
    email: adar@redbeards.ca
  2. davidvan

Oddometer:
    Here's a small video by Sarah (member of the ODSC)
    capturing the FALL Edition of the ADAR (All Day Adventure Ride)
    29 Riders + looming weather + 1 panicing organizer = ADAR

<OBJECT height=355 width=425>​
    &ampampampampampampnbsp
    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t4YdQ_WT54Q&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></OBJECT>
  3. davidvan

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  4. davidvan

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. davidvan

Oddometer:
    ADAR SWAG!!!
    New for the 2008 All Day Adventure Ride, ADAR SWAG!!!
    With your online registration, you too can ORDER your ADAR SWAG!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can order your SWAG with the online registration.
  6. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    Doods.... you have to go on this ride...... AWESOME!!!!!!

I was there last fall.... and I still think about that ride to this day!
  7. doctor_big

doctor_big Oy!

Oddometer:
    What's the difficulty level? Is it GPS guided? Are there optional bail-out points for slower riders? Details please!

Thanks,
    Jason
  8. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    David might better describe the level of difficulty of this year's ride, but in regards to last year - I would say it was 5.2/10.

10/10 being something like Fight Club (WEC/ISDE level of difficulty). :arg
    1/10 being the 401 :wink:

There were also some technical sections, but very doable.... and a huge confidence booster for noob's once they clear it!

Last year there was a good mix of gravel roads and double track. The double track would be something like a mild and fun ATV trail! - bottom end of third gear sorta speeds.

I would recommend knobby tires.

As for bail-out's, last time around there were bail-out's for one of the crazy water crossings + a few bail-out's for the Ural's - guess you could take those if you feel uncomfortable.
  9. davidvan

Oddometer:
    The ALL DAY ADVENTURE RIDE is geared to MEET the skills of most riders. We have a main route for medium to experienced riders while additionally there will also be a NOVICE route. The route will be provided in the following formats:

GOOGLE EARTH http://earth.google.com/ (.kml),
    GPS Exchange (.gpx),
    Garmin MapSource (.gdb),
    Garmin MapSource (.mps),
    Lowrance (.USR)
    Magellan Explorist Geocaching
    Magellan Mapsend

.... if you require another version GPSBABEL http://www.gpsbabel.org/ provides a free tool to convert to many GPS formats.

Printed route books (in Adobe PDF) will also be provided as a download from the ADAR main web site. http://www.redbeards.ca/adar/#downloads

If you have questions about the ALL DAY ADVENTURE RIDE, please feel free and someone from the ADAR Team will respond as soon as possible.
  10. davidvan

Oddometer:
    32 days ............
    until the 2008 ADAR!!!
  11. doughy

doughy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds liek something I will be into... and will be thur... . :clap
  12. Laros

Laros Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This was one of my favourite rides last year as well.

I have pre ridden a section with David for this year's ride and, even though I signed a confidentiality agreement saying that David can shoot me for revealing too many details :deal , I think I can say that if you go on the ride you will have a BLAST!! Lots of gravel and hard back roads/trails with very little if any car traffic.

David is carefully checking the entire route to make sure all sections are passable (we had to eliminate one very nice section because a construction crew blocked off a road with a huge pile of rock :huh that we think is an unopen public road allowance).

Be there - you will not be disappointed!

Larry
  13. davidvan

Oddometer:
    DID YOU KNOW?

The 2008 ADAR event supports all level of skill of a rider. We have both a MAIN and a NOVICE route.
    This ride also supports any size machine. In past events we've had riders on machines from 200cc to 1200cc.
    So what are you waiting for? GET ON THE ADAR

http://www.redbeards.ca/adar
  14. doctor_big

doctor_big Oy!

Oddometer:
    Is the ride a loop -- does it finish back at the start location? What is the mileage between gas stops? What time is the rider's meeting? Is it arrowed, or is a GPS required? Will there be a chase truck?

Jason
  15. davidvan

Oddometer:
    Jason, thank you for the questions...

"Is the ride a loop -- does it finish back at the start location? What is the mileage between gas stops? What time is the rider's meeting? Is it arrowed, or is a GPS required? Will there be a chase truck?"

The ride IS a loop, I dont want to give too much of it away yet... but yes a BIG ole loop... one you wont be disappointed with. We start and end at the BMW Dealership in Durham...

The <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cdavid%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> mileage between gas stops is entirely up to you, you can stop at any time you like... or need to. ..we do not have any distance between gas locations more then 100-120km..

We will be providing a schedule for everyone about two weeks ahead of the event. We will be opening the event at the BMW Durham dealership at 7am, between 7-8:30 we will have registration, safety, breakfast and demos by Lawrance Hacking. 8:30 will be the rider meeting and 9am bikes roll off the lot.

For navigation we will be providing GPS files for all major gps models, plus a printable route book. If riders want they can simply join one of the PACKETS of riders we will group riders into and they can ride with them and not worry about the route as much.

Lastly.. we WILL have a BMW support vehicle with trailer for support if anyone has a breakdown. They will transport the rider to the nearest major location.

Jason, thank you for the message. I hope that answers your question.
  16. dakarchef

dakarchef Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is online registration available.... me no see linky!

thx
  17. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    oh I wish I could make it to this ride.... I wouldn't mind leading the "bombing mission" group.

:kboom
  18. davidvan

Oddometer:
    Online registration will be within a few days..
    It will allow PAYPAL, VISA, MASTERCARD etc..
    As well you will be able to order your ADAR SWAG shirt too..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll provide notice as soon as the link for registration is ready..
    Thanks for the message..​
  19. davidvan

Oddometer:
    27 days ............
    until the 2008 ADAR!!!

ARE YOU READY??

20. davidvan

Oddometer:
    You can now register for the 2008 ADAR online.

Order your ADAR SWAG!!

Visit http://www.redbeards.ca/adar
    and click the Register Online Button