Admirals Voyages (w/photo's & Video's)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by TheAdmiral, May 5, 2012.

1. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Riding season is just about over but the weather is allowing me for one last good ride of the year, Admiral's 2018 Annual Veterans Day ride. Usually, I can get one of my 3 son's out but this year is a bonus year...I got 2 out of 3. We'll be riding this tail which #1 son hasn't ridden before.
    [​IMG]

Hopefully, what little snow we got is gone and the trail looks this good. These pictures of the trail are from Columbus Day ride a few years ago.
    [​IMG]

The "Bridge to Somewhere". Me and #2 on the Columbus Day ride.
    [​IMG]

We're not gonna repeat the Columbus Day "accidental overnighter" ride though and will turn around somewhere down the trail and ride past here on the way back.

One of the fateful events which made our 3 hour tour into a 24 hour tour. It was just a minor crash off the trail into the creek. :lol3
    [​IMG]

I'd probably have all 3 boys on the ride but #3 is...lets say, not available as he's over in the 'stan.
    [​IMG]

His current ride has a bit more horsepower than my TW.:D
    [​IMG]

Excited to ride to ride!
    popscycle, liv2day, B10Dave and 3 others like this.
  2. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer:
    A nice guy would pack a shovel and... and fix that washout!
    Good on your Son, tell him we appreciate his service!
    Both my brother in laws and my nephew were Dust Off pilots. I got paid to ride in a truck or track, better than those poor 11B’s.
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  3. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shovel to fix that washout. bwahaha that's funny!:lol3 I do carry a folding shovel but I think I would have been there shoveling for the next hunert years. My guess with the sign on the gate, the Forest Service has no intention of repairing this trail.

Since son #3 is still over yonder he doesn't or is probably not allowed to share much detail. He's hinted a couple times and I dare say he and the rest of his unit is earning their hazardous duty pay. I did a little crew-chiefing in a Huey but we were just flying taxi's. That's not to say an auto-rotation is nerve racking. Float like a feather, hit like a rock. :D
  4. liv2day

liv2day Is Anyone Here a Marine Biologist! Supporter

Oddometer:
    That’s awesome @TheAdmiral! So neat to be able to ride with your boys, that’s one of my hopes as my boys grow up.

I hope you have a fantastic time, looking forward to seeing the updates. Currently in Baja... this place is amazing, you’d seriously like riding here!

Ride safe amigo :ricky
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  5. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bet Baja is a lot warmer too. I still love desert riding. Have a good time.
  6. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    So I remember you saying that you were moving a while back. Frosty Hollow from Sand Hollow? Where is that?
  7. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Garden Valley/Crouch area.