Admirals Voyages (w/photo's & Video's)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by TheAdmiral, May 5, 2012.

1. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer:
    looks like a great day.
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  2. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    TW200 Spring Ride PIII. Ride doesn’t go according to plan but sometimes they still turn into an adventure.

B10Dave, Ride Now and popscycle like this.
  3. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    WOW! That mud certainly looks challenging.
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  4. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes it was but we still had fun. Well, mostly. Walking uphill on the muddy roads to retrieve one of the bikes for the next leapfrog leg was a huffer and puffer that's for sure. We went well beyond the "3-hour tour" time limit we had set for ourself's on this ride. :lol3
    B10Dave, Ride Now and Ladybug like this.
  5. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Moab 19 5 Mules to Tombstone Butte

Earlier in the day, we rode Hey Joe Canyon. Now we venture on a part of the Secret Spire Trail near Tombstone Butte.

6. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Admiral and Mrs. Admiral wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all the Advrider's out there around the globe.

IMG_2260.jpg
    IMG_2266.jpg
  7. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why I haven't (pretty much can't) ride my motorcycle today or for the last/future month(s).

Well, because of the snow. So I improvised because it's...
    [​IMG]

...just a couple of inches too deep for the TW
    [​IMG]

Of course, I still have to make an adventure out of it
    [​IMG]

Slowed down to turn around and promptly got high centered on the snow. It only took me an hour of digging before I was finally able to free the beast.
    [​IMG]

...and save me a "Walk of Shame". Whew!
    [​IMG]
  8. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn @TheAdmiral, that's a bit of the white stuff on the ground. Good on you for getting out there to enjoy it :thumb. Cool to see chains on all 4 wheels of that quad, I'd have far too much fun on something like that and probably end up embedded in a tree :lol3 :lol3
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  9. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    TW200's on Garden Mountain - Right Turn Clyde!

This was our first exploring ride up on Garden Mountain above Crouch, ID. Great views as expected and fun trails. Wife and I came back for a second trip in the area to explore some more so stay tuned for the "Second Part".
  10. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Nice video. I loved how the Lady in Pink is giggling as she is riding away. Your wife is so awesome.

After following your thread and adventures all this time I decided a few weeks back I'm going to get myself a TW200 for those time I want to ride in in sandy areas. My DR200 likes to take lots of dirt naps in the sand. I tried a TW200 a number of years ago in Juniper Dune and it made such a difference, I was able to stay upright. I'll let you know when I join the club of fun kids on a TW200.
    LadyFish4, wildknits and TheAdmiral like this.
  11. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't have guessed a TW was better in the sand than anything else. Good thing is, you got to test ride one and figure out it works better for you. I will say, Mrs. Admiral, hates sand even though she can ride it ok. She doesn't think she can but can. She does grumble quite a bit when she sees sand a-com'in.

I also had a friend get back to a TW after trying different brands, sizes etc. of other bikes. His last bike was a DR200. We rode together last fall here and I thought the DR200 was a fine bike. He previously did have a TW so he has more experience than I and it seems to suit him just fine being back in the TW fold.

Have fun on your trip south and hope you can ride with littlewan. I haven't seen any threads with them in a long time. Me not remembering their names didn't help. Oops!
  12. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    The fat tires make all the difference. I rode a mini bike on a sandy track and when I saw the sand it scared me then when I went through I was amazed at how well the fat tires did in the sand. I had a blast in the sand with it and decided then I wanted a TW200 for times I'm going to be in sandy areas.

LittleWan did some up dates on the last report she did to bring their followers current. The current portion starts on post 430 on this thread:
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/make...hunt-with-bigwan-and-littlewan.774723/page-22
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  13. mikerthebiker

mikerthebiker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That’s Bow Lake which is in Alberta.
    Ride Now likes this.
  14. Snapper33

Snapper33 Globetrotter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Worldwide, home based in the United States
    You'll love a TW. I have two of them in my stable, and they are all'round great bikes. Great at nothing, great at everything.
    Ladybug likes this.
  15. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    ...and it got worse over the weekend.
    IMG_2333.jpg IMG_2339.jpg

Most of the crew is safe and warm
    IMG_2335.jpg

images close to how I feel not being able to ride
    maxresdefault.jpg 1447884828-movies-the-shining-2.jpg
  16. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    What is the shiny blue Yamaha?
  17. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's a plated TTR125 for the kids. The reason its shinny is I'm too big for it and don't ride it other than to the mailbox once in a while so haven't had a chance to "season it". :lol3 Encouraging the Mrs. to try it out as it's lighter than her TW but she's resisting change.
  18. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    It looks like I found a 2006 that will be mine to acquire in Death Valley. The ADV community is awesome. I'm headed for a long street ride March until May and plan to stop at Death Valley for the nOOb rally (https://advrider.com/f/threads/2020-death-valley-noobs-rally-march-26-29.1415665/) With being on a street bike I wouldn't be able to ride off-road and I mentioned I want to buy a TW200 and perhaps I could find one to buy in NV to be able to use at DV. Sopacat posted up that she has one that she would be interested in selling. Wahhhoooooo! She's going to bring it to DV and we'll go from there. If I end up with it I will have a friend in CA store it for me until Nov. when I will be driving my van to the Baja 1000 and will pick it up there.
    I'm excited to get it and this thread has added to my inspiration to get a TW200 - Thanks Admiral. :clap
  19. AZ Desert Dog

AZ Desert Dog To Ornery To Quit

Oddometer:
    Ride Now and TheAdmiral like this.
  20. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very cool. Didn't you use to ride with a gal who had a TW? I haven't been to Death Valley before so I'll be living my dream (for now) through the link you posted. One day. Happy riding.