1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Admirals Voyages (w/photo's & Video's)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by TheAdmiral, May 5, 2012.

1. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very cool. Didn't you use to ride with a gal who had a TW? I haven't been to Death Valley before so I'll be living my dream (for now) through the link you posted. One day. Happy riding.
  2. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    My wife retires this upcoming summer. I think we're both gonna become at least a little more allergic to snow too! :lol3
    B10Dave and Ladybug like this.
  3. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Challis 1 Trail 153 Fanny Hole to Buster Lake

popscycle, B10Dave and Ladybug like this.
  4. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Yes, still do. She retires in a few weeks and Rainbow007 (Becky) the gal you met with me a few years back, retires next fall. The three of us have a lot of riding plans for 2021 like the CDT, the western BDRs and maybe the TAT. I want a TW200 for the states that have a lot of sand.

That's awesome that your wife will be able to retire soon so the two of you have lots of time to play.
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  5. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    How timely. I have been studying the maps/Google Earth in that area to plan camping trips for this year. I rode through that area 10 years ago on the dual sport. I am finally going to explore that area this year.
    Keep it coming Admiral. Thanks!
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  6. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    It was a great area for riding/exploring. Aside from the trails, there's a lot of historical/scenic places to see, which we did also. Bayhorse area, Twin Peaks L.O., Custer for example. You will not be disappointed no matter what type of riding you end up doing. Some of the ATV trails were the hardest I've ever ridden. Well, sections of the trails not the whole thing.

Bad news on the videos is my computer hard drive took a dump and I lost most of my video. Only video which survived was the one I posted above and a couple partial video files of the middle section of the Yankee Fork Trail. I'll post that video at the end.

I don't want to bury you in the info you may already know but the maps we used were the Bill Dart Maps (I can send you a picture of the page(s) if you don't have them and the other map we used was this local trail map. Both showed everything we needed. https://challischamber.com/area-maps/

If you don't mind a hardcore Jeep trail, ride the jeep trail up to Challis Lakes. Only 2 of us out of 7 riders made it. Kind of steep in places with some gnarly basketball-sized rocks. The picture below doesn't really show how rough it was. Very pretty and good lunch spot. I think an ATV/UTV would tackle this with no problem. That's what I think anyway.
    34.JPG

20.JPG

IMG_1781.JPG

Sample of the map in the link above
    Fanny Hole Trail.JPG

Sample of the Bill Dart Map we used
    Trealor Crk Trail - Bayhorse Lakes.jpg

Want more info just ask.

buckskinner, Ride Now, Oldad and 4 others like this.
  7. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    Great info, thanks! :thumb
  8. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Peace Creek Adventure Part I - Ambushed by the Bushes

Part 1 of 4 of our Peace Creek Trail ride adventure. In Part one we start at the Peace Creek Trail Head and ride up the drainage to near the top of the ridge. The trail was almost invisible in spots due to the bushes overgrowing the trail. About 2 weeks earlier the Backcountry Horsemen group cleared the trail but just the logs, which was great. In Part II we cross up and over the ridge and drop into the saddle which separates Habit Creek Trail/Deadwood Reservoir with Tranquill Basin.

9. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    2019 Part I - Why We Ride
    As some people who know me, I'm a serious person with some serious issues. Wait, that didn't sound right. Anyway, I decided to let my helmet hair down and put together a few (several, many, a lot) of clips from the 2019 riding season which pretty much shows how we roll (and fall). Part I of the 2019 riding season is from the Succor Creek Oregon area, local, and the first few days of Moab.

2019 Part II - Why We Ride
    More clips from the last few days of Moab and some early season super-secret riding locations in Idaho. I did help Lydia get out of the woods. She's an old Vietnam Nurse who loves driving in the mountains. On this particular day, as you can tell her pickup broke down. I went home and got my truck and took her to town so she could arrange a tow. All turned out well for Lydia...except having to pay for a tow and vehicle repair. Good times.

10. Snapper33

Snapper33 Globetrotter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Worldwide, home based in the United States
    Awesome Admiral. I hope to meet up with you and the Mrs. Admiral when I return to ID from overseas. Beautiful scenery!
  11. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great outtakes Admiral, thanks for sharing.
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  12. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    TW200's 2 tracking around Lake Owyhee Our Anti Social Distancing Ride

3 of us mature adult riders (2 of us were more "mature" than the other") went for a ride on the roads/trails around Lake Owyhee in eastern Oregon. Mostly beautiful views but we did have a" moment" when we encountered a rock slide area near the end of our ride. Turning around would have been the prudent thing to do. We weren't prudent :) Some would say we were reckless...I agree and would do it again. Enjoy!

B10Dave and popscycle like this.
  13. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Drats! Glad I got the quarantine ride in when I did. Looks like I'll be dry-docked for a few weeks.

Annotation 2020-03-26 030645.png

Annotation 2020-03-26 030644.png
    bananachunks and sealsam like this.
  14. popscycle

popscycle Fahren Away Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bummer! That order seems a little draconian for a state that's not heavily populated. I have this sense that history will look back on all of this as being another of this country's stupid periods, for all the obvious reasons.
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  15. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Yesterday I saw the order hit Idaho bringing it to the same status as WA, OR, CA and so many other states. Not everyone agrees but for now, I think it's best to get this thing contained so we can go back to business as usual as soon as possible.

Take care @TheAdmiral, you and your lovely wife stay safe.
    B10Dave and TheAdmiral like this.
  16. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm ok with the order but in another part of it they are still promoting outdoor exercise: hiking, walking, running and bicycling. You know, things that don't get you hurt. We know bicyclists never get hurt!
    sealsam and Ladybug like this.
  17. Metalcarver

Metalcarver Geezer Berserker Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm just sorry that the whole principle of anti-social distancing has been completely neglected by medical authorities.

[​IMG]

Rowland ranch road.
  18. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    We're gonna make it here by golly. Just not sure why I needed the toilet paper at the moment or how exactly to use it. Think I should have bought depends the last time at the store.
    cca63b43796ac24d51c7fa1af67259ac.jpg
  19. sealsam

sealsam Sam...I am. Supporter

Oddometer:
    We're banging elbows at the meat counter here in CA, but have to stand 6' apart at the check-out.:loco
    black 8 and TheAdmiral like this.
  20. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Daily update: Dear Diary...

I made improvements to our cabin to help us defend ourselves to ward off the virus
    [​IMG]

Since I can't ride my motorcycle "recreationally", I rode it on an "essentials run".

[​IMG]
    Having limited room on Scoob, I had to decide what was essential

[​IMG]
    and what was not. Nope, didn't need it. We were well prepared anyway.

[​IMG]

I might have to make an "essentials run" again in a couple of days. Carry on fellow survivors.