Admirals Voyages (w/photo's & Video's)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by TheAdmiral, May 5, 2012.

1. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hahaha, bubble boy with TP, now that's funny.

I've been on most of the IDBDR before it was the BDR but not all in one stretch. I haven't been to Jarbidge or most of Section I so despite the people who hate the desert, I wanna ride that part. There's a lot more to see out there but most are concentrated on riding the BDR and not sightseeing off the main BDR. Because of the side trips, I think it would take me all summer to ride the IDBDR. Seeing other roads and trails...I get distracted easily. :D
  2. mkitchen

mkitchen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The IDBDR is definately on my radar for the near future. Trying to talk my Caldwell buddy into doing it with me. My druthers would be to ride the NVBDR which starts just 20 miles from my home, Oatman AZ, and from there to the start of the ID route. ID starts where NV ends. Not sure I have the endurance for such a ride but I would like to give it a shot.
    Mikey
    Chillis likes this.
  3. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why We Ride Part III - Ignorant Bastards

1.png

More summer fun from the 2019 riding season.
  4. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dear Diary, It's day something or other since the Governor said we have to stay at home. I'm running low on essentials and our daughter staying with us is getting bored. I may need to go on an "essentials run" today for "needed supplies". You know, to help me get through this.

Well, fork me!

Since I have a little time on my hands, I thought I would start, scratch that, I meant continue, some much-needed maintenance on the fleet.

Took EEYORE's (XT350) forks off to replace the leaking fork seals.
    [​IMG]

My handy-dandy DYI damper rod holder I made several years ago for the TW's has come in handy once again. Fits the XT350.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now all I gotta do is wait for the replacement fork seals to come in from RMATV/MC. Note: I order enough parts for free shipping.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think today (or yesterday or tomorrow depending on the part of the world you live) I might get "tired" and do some tire replacing work. Will see! I do have an essentials run coming up which may interfere with, gulp, work!
    [​IMG]
  5. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    looks familiar to our bike, which reminds me (again ) I need to put my order in to partszilla for the xr650r fork parts. But getting off topic and looking at google for your location, if correct, a essentials run to bonners ferry would be a good destination. If abit far, any will do ,if questioned. Whether you reach it isn't important.
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  6. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    I suppose bikes of our vintage had similar fork construction. I was surprised how close the XT350 fork was to my TW's. I wonder, if stopped by the man checking on why we're out, I could come up with a reasonable explanation for an essentials run to Bonners 8 hours away from home?? It's too cold to ride motorcycles anyway. I'm only about an hour from Treasure Valley so you must be trying to keep me out. haha.
  7. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dear Diary,

For the WIN!
    [​IMG]

I think ours being "Spam Lite" means we're getting stuff from the second batch...I think.
    [​IMG]

We're good! Still haven't had to buy any TP. Have a couple spare rolls for those "just in case" moments. I think the extra rolls are muffling my singing voice when I'm in the shower.
    [​IMG]

Carry on!
  8. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dear Diary,

I saw someone elsewhere on this forum post they had to go on an essentials run for TP. He found some 200 miles away! Why didn't I think of that?

My Stay at Home Kwarenteen Activities

Things I'm doing while the stay at home travel ban is in effect. Many people are not abiding by the stay at home. I'd rather be riding myself but I'll keep sitting this one out until the all-clear is given.

Carry on.
  9. black 8

black 8 coddiwompling motographer

Oddometer:
    "you're chances of being killed by a monkey are low, but never zero..." :rofl:rofl
    TwilightZone and TheAdmiral like this.
  10. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had to figure a way to get that meme into a video at some point. Why not this one right? haha.
    black 8 likes this.
  11. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dear Diary,

Seems like we've been hold up in Stalag 13 for years or even days or weeks. I'm thinking of bouncing a baseball against the shop floor and wall and catching it with a baseball glove.

Under the strict guidelines of the stay-at-home, shelter-in-place, place your head between your knee's orders, or whatever, I didn't take a 45-minute ride up the river and enjoy it. I imagine this is what it would have looked like...yesterday. Off the record.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

"You did what?" Said grandchild #3 as he played at our place during this time of solitary confinement.
    [​IMG]

What we really did was play a little 4x4 through the snow pile...on the record. Only had to pull Mrs. Admiral out twice before she finally made it.
    [​IMG]

Adults, what are ya gonna do next. Whatever it is, don't take my wagon!
    [​IMG]

We continue to adhere to the recommended social distance by keeping G3 6 feet away from the TV. We did have to place a post-it-note on the floor as a helpful reminder.
    [​IMG]

A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?
    B10Dave, mkitchen, Oldad and 5 others like this.
  12. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dear Diary,

I'm trying but it's so hard. My kids call me boomer but I want out just as bad as those millennial #$@$@$@'s.

So here's my idea.
    [​IMG]

I've seen a lot of stuff in the news about people needing PPE during this trying time.

Not sure if it was a "panic buy" but I got some new PPE myself. Hopefully, I'll try it out soon. Wink Wink!
    [​IMG]

A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?
  13. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dear Diary,

They say sunlight kills the virus right? "Rider in the wire, rider in the wire" as the sirens sound and guard dogs are let loose.
    [​IMG]

If I would have broken the "kwaranteen shelter-in-place" orders, this is perhaps what it would have looked like. I'm not saying it happened, just what it would have looked like more or less. Maybe it looked like this twice this past week. I'm still sore...from not riding...
    [​IMG]

Since I wasn't there, this only looks like oldworld 124 hot rodding it through a creek crossing.
    [​IMG]

Well, this looks like fun. I should ride there one day.
    [​IMG]

I think the sunlight is killing the snow and that's a good sign from what I've "heard".
    [​IMG]

This is an artist's rendition of what the place would have looked like with a couple of riders in the area.
    [​IMG]

Would like to ride by this nifty looking place once the kwaranteen is lifted. You know, gradually in phases.
    [​IMG]

Earlier in the week, I imagined myself riding with some fellas here as well. It sure looks good enough to go one day.
    [​IMG]

I had to go look in my shop and Scoob is still there. Looks like somebody decorated their TW to look just like mine. Weird ain't it?
    [​IMG]

Guess I have something to look forward to after this kwaranteen is over.
    [​IMG]
    popscycle, black 8, mntdawg and 5 others like this.
  14. Oldad

Oldad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you're able to refrain.
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  15. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mental Health ride in the Ore/Ida border country of the Owyhee's.

B10Dave, jeickerman, Ride Now and 2 others like this.
  16. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    TW Fever...Catch it!
    IMG_2571.jpg

Or XT. Whatever it takes!
    IMG_2564.jpg
    B10Dave and Ladybug like this.
  17. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Deary Diary,

Just so you know, my probability has been in the very low and none category.
    [​IMG]

Oldworld124...smiles for miles.
    [​IMG]

Mistervelocity and me. (photo courtesy of oldworld124)
    [​IMG]

Trail gets a bit tricky here and there.
    1Annotation 2020-04-29 081638.png

I think we have it slightly better than the people who came through here a few years back.
    [​IMG]

Carry On!
  18. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is the video related to post #1073.

Dear Diary,

We're officially in stage 1. I'm just not sure my definition of stage 1 is the same thing. I'm thinking "stagging area 1". [​IMG]

Off we go mining our own business.

Carry on!
    popscycle, SoPaRider, B10Dave and 5 others like this.
  19. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fossil Creek is the next location we practiced social distancing. The first half of the day we rode on the Snake River side of Fossil TH. In the afternoon we roamed on the other side towards Gerdie Creek and Sinker Creek Canyon. Great day of exploring and riding.

No snakes on the Snake River today. We checked to make sure.
    [​IMG]

We would have checked for fossils in this sandy wash but we were having to much fun riding so we didn't stop
    [​IMG]

Later in the day, we discovered this old cowboy cabin. I think Laura Ingalls Wilder used to live here. I could be wrong on that though
    [​IMG]

We were riding with strict safety instructions to stop if we got to a place anyone of us didn't like. Mistervelocity and I rode up the trail just a bit to check it out for a possible future adventure. It will be rough but I think we'll tackle it one day.
    [​IMG]

The picture doesn't do it justice but in one of those "hold my beer we got this" moments, we decided to set aside our strict safety instructions and that we could negotiate this big steep downhill section. Nobody wants to turn back don't-cha-know. Oh, we did it alright but speaking from my point of view, you couldn't find my TW seat it was sucked so far up my buttwise.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, oldworld124's phone didn't have fun. It tried to become a fossil
    [​IMG]

Carry on!
    SoPaRider, B10Dave, popscycle and 4 others like this.
  20. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Too bad about the phone, that's a bugger. It looks like you had fun on your ride.

If you run across a good deal on a TW200 please let me know. I'm in the market for one to add to my stable and it's your fault. :D
    TheAdmiral likes this.