1. eNewsletter Sign Up

ADV Central Normus Memorial Pie Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by GSAnderson, Sep 1, 2013.

1. GSAnderson

GSAnderson Wandering Swede

Oddometer:
    What do we want?

PIE! forum!

When do we want it?

PIE!
    propforward and Grainbelt like this.
  2. Rapturee2

Rapturee2 Una Stamus/Thin Blue Line Supporter

Oddometer:
    PIE... HOT... with ice cream too!!
    GSAnderson and propforward like this.
  3. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    I admire your viewpoint, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    GSAnderson and Tmaximusv like this.
  4. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Ok, my favorite place so far is Willie's famous Texas BBQ, Post Falls Idaho. It is right off of the freeway, exit #5. Flip up your visor and follow your nose! It's a pretty cool small mom/pop place where they smoke their own meats, make their own fresh, deep, thick, juicy, home-made PIES! I recommend the Smoked/BBQ Brisket sandwich with a huge slice of fresh, home-made, deep dish PIE/Ice Cream!!
    :{)
  5. GSAnderson

GSAnderson Wandering Swede

Oddometer:
    We need a BBQ map too.
  6. Vato Jinete

Vato Jinete Feo del Norte Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep
  7. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Make it so.
  8. pineconeMN

pineconeMN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    This has much win.
  10. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    So i took off for a ride today with the intent of having some fresh, hot, deep-dish homemade PIE...with Ice Cream! Much to my surprise the little Mom/Pop Fountain was not open yet this season, Rrrratz! The little hand made sign in their window says they'll open May 5th. Oh darn, i'll just have to head down there again! Well today it was a beautiful 82f, light cross winds 14+ or so and some seriously twisted mountain state hwy! 99 mile round trip and i topped off at home netting my new personal best of 86 MPG!! Now to see if i can beat that in the next week or two when i return! :{)

Attached Files:

Tmaximusv, Powershouse and GSAnderson like this.
  11. Sleddog

Sleddog Ridin, again:)

Oddometer:
    If you’re traveling through Montana, the Stray Bullet Cafe in Ovando, MT has some very good berry pie.....Huckleberry during season!

[​IMG]
  12. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    PIE!
  13. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Hey SD, Now that is incredible!! Although I have been to ZooTown many times, I have never been up on that stretch of 200 before. Next chance I’m over there I’ll have to look it up!!
    Sleddog likes this.
  14. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    OK... I found two more great little mom-pop shops that have great pie!! I started another thread just for "Eastern Washington, Northern Idaho and Western Montana" where i have started a thread for anyone with knowledge of neat little places to stop for PIE.

Yesterday i rode 160 miles over to the Montana border and back where i stopped off at several little towns along the way and rode around just to come up busted!

Today i rode 190 miles in a different direction and covered several little towns. However, Today i scored!!! So i don't "dupli-post", you can see the other thread for the locations and PICTURES!!! :{)
    barnyard and propforward like this.
  15. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    Just be sure to add them to the PIE! map.
    Rapturee2 likes this.
  16. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Done! :{)
  17. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
  18. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Found three more great PIE places, and added them to the MAP!!

So yesterday i made a trip north of me to Sandpoint Idaho to a neat place there called "PanHandler Pies" where i enjoyed a delicious piece of their home made "RazzleBerry". I'd never heard of that before, so the little waitress said it was a mixture of a few select berries and she recommended it. Man it was delicious, luckily i limited myself to only one piece heh! Made the trip home by way of Bayview Idaho and visited a neat old Naval base from WWII. The guards even let me take a picture of my NC700 in front of their naval base sign, pretty cool!
    NC700x PanHandler Pie run.jpg

I didn't top off my tank until this morning to see that i has gotten 83.6 MPG, pretty darn good for the ole NC! Last night i scored a tall factory windscreen from a buddy who had just purchased and installed a really big 24" windscreen so i got his old one for free.99!! So this morning i quickly removed my old bikini factory windscreen and installed the new to me tall factory windscreen. Of course, i had to take it for a test ride today.

I rode out to a beautiful area called the "Coeurd'Alene River Rd". I stopped off at the Enaville Snake Pit for a delicious Bacon Cheese Burger, fries and of course a piece of PIE!!
    NC700 snake pit PIE may 19th 2018.JPG

When i topped off the tank and road 102 miles of the beautifully windy river road the pump stopped at 1.03 gallons. After i confirmed the level in the tank, yup its full. I confirmed the trip-meter, yup its 102.3 miles. And i rechecked the pump, yup 1.03 gallons.....WHOOHOOOT!!! That's a new personal best of 99.32 MPG!!

I sat upright and comfortable, steady speeds of 45-50 mph along the river rd, stopping several times for scenery and pictures. It would seem that the NC really likes the tall windscreen with my height and always a freshly lubed chain! Now, i've got to get that 17T sprocket installed and see what we get with that!!
    GSAnderson likes this.
  19. worncog

worncog YBNormal Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dang! Might have to swing thru and grab a slice of that Razzleberry on my way to Montana next week.

Better pace yourself or you may need to respring that NC. ;)
    Rapturee2 likes this.
  20. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    IKR!!! My wife even mentioned that to me the other day. She lovingly said “You keep having pie & ice cream you’re going to get fat!!!””