ADV-Fundamentalism: anti-virus tour

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Joe Motocross, May 19, 2020.

1. Joe Motocross

Joe Motocross Adjustafork.com - CEO

Oddometer:
    It’s exhilarating.

You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh ; rather, to roost.

Try commando for even more freedom.

I think there are ADV-F compliant shelters/tents for exceptionally wet and buggy conditions. Just haven’t had the need to research them. A bivouac sack will do the job for the most part.
  2. chilejack

chilejack Viajero Viejo

Oddometer:
    I think if you review your various (and excellent) ride reports and the pics of you patching tubes, you might rethink the advantages of Tubliss or tubeless. Run low (or no) pressure, patch with a plug. How many times did you pat h that one tube? was it 4?
  3. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that was a bad one. I learned something crucial there. After patching a tube, you need more than 6 lbs of pressure or it will just get rubbed loose. 12lbs minimum. I go up to 15 now after patching.

The thing is I put a lot of miles on in a year and don’t flat all that often. As @Ratman points out, with tubeless you still need to carry a tube for catastrophic failure. Believe me, I’ve looked into it. I have a few friends who run them. From what I’ve seen I’m still not convinced they are any better in the long run.
  4. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    I never really liked that piece of roost scripture so I rewrote it. That’s the beauty of making up your own religion.

You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. Use your freedom to indulge the flesh on the Adjustafork; and to ALWAYS roost
    scudo, Zubb, liv2day and 9 others like this.
  5. veriest1

veriest1 Minimalist Gear Hoarder

Oddometer:
    Until reading your reports this week it never occurred to me that people brought chairs on their motorcycles. You've really expanded my horizons and opened my mind to other cultures.

I don't know if you ever made it out East to "Chair Land" but, here in Texas, we have rainy seasons and dry seasons. My solution to wet ground has always been to sit on a small section of a Thermarest I cut up. It ends up under my feet at night since I use a torso length NeoAir sleeping pad and have a hard time keeping my feet warm so it's not completely useless. In the backpacking world I always tossed the backpack under my legs and with motorcycles I've used a hydration pack or my jacket.

I can also attest that a hydration bladder doesn't make a good pillow. I almost had to get real personal with a friend of mine to stay warm one January night in Big Bend after I rolled over on the nozzle and flooded my bivy. :becca
    Foiler and Joe Motocross like this.
  6. satchmo3

satchmo3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The council shows compassion and empathy for the sun deprived, a sign of any truly noble endeavor.
    Joe Motocross likes this.
  7. Garrett828

Garrett828 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting another awesome ride! I just drove the 89a on my way back to Tucson from Idaho on Saturday. Very cool terrain and was surprised the elevation through most of the valley was 5000+. The mountains still looked huge around there

Attached Files:

Foiler likes this.
  8. Cav47

Cav47 Look, Lean, and Pray!

Oddometer:
    @Joe Motocross. On a trip last week out to your home state, I thought I had found the source of your magic. It stunned me, so I had to stop and gather photographic evidence of said ADV-F temple. As I looked closer at the picture (I dared not go closer in person due to my current non practice of Fundamental teachings) I noticed it was just a thrift store. .........Or it could be a well designed rouse containing the Nectar of the Gods distillery!

3B10B964-CA45-46E8-9FE6-30ACCD9E480A.jpeg

48F9F380-C6BB-4C1E-8D09-0423F202F3FB.jpeg
    Either way, great reporting and thank you for all the entertainment.
    Foiler, ApexJeff, liv2day and 4 others like this.
  9. KLRalph

KLRalph Because KTMalph sounds funny

Oddometer:
    Roostarfarians...Jah man!
    veriest1 and chilejack like this.
  10. moffy

moffy foolish fool

Oddometer:
    Good stuff right there Mr motocross...but what is that square thingy on the left side of your swingarm?
  11. NoelJ

NoelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn. I think you nailed him. It's a receiver for a hitch. Sumbitch is hauling a trailer and hiding it for pics!
    Foiler and ScotsFire like this.
  12. Blaise W

Blaise W Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Joe is in the chips! I had to order two more Adjustaforks since I've given all the ones I ordered away. Two weeks 'til the trail, so Joe, get yourself down to the post office!
    codebot likes this.
  13. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Ooops. I originally posted these in the wrong thread. Anyway, follow up on this Spring 2020 ride. Wally got his 18” front wheel dialed in on his 790. Can’t wait to give the bike another try.
    BE85B6CB-CE7A-4E89-9101-7E0450E24918.jpeg
    D635303C-029B-4E47-A9C8-4D85A33CB032.jpeg
  14. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    I’ll let you fools decide for yourselves about me using a trailer for recreational purposes. This is how you pack for maximum roosting?
    382FEEE8-6419-4BE9-8019-5BC48885B9C7.jpeg
    Roost Scripture: And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all overpackers, for roosting does not consist in the abundance of chairs.”
    Hans Petter, Foiler, codebot and 6 others like this.
  15. svo_jon

svo_jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Holy crap!!! I think I weigh less than the crap that person is carrying with them. How many people does it take to pick that bike up after it falls over?
  16. Franque

Franque Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I mean, technically I don't see a chair :D
    Foiler, Joe Motocross and karter18 like this.
  17. NoelJ

NoelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got one of those 1290's. It's a beast...what a way to waste the horsepower.
  18. Gedrog

Gedrog 1000 mile stare a 1000 stories to tell

Oddometer:
    @Joe Motocross what size 18inch rim do you fit to the front and what tyre is that thanks in advance
  19. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    The trailer would seem to complicate things. I assume it would flip over as well, and then you'd have to detach it, right the bike then reattach the trailer. A lot of work to bring as chair or seven.
    svo_jon likes this.
  20. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    That trailer set-up is totally not my jam, but I certainly appreciate the fidelity to riding the world on a bike, and the engineering it took to make that contraption work.
    outbacktm likes this.