ADV+ | Get rid of chatter and read in peace!

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by jlevers, Apr 6, 2017.

1. ommoran

ommoran Experienced Newbie

Oddometer:
    Just started using the Firefox extension today and it's awesome. I installed the photobucket fix a while back and it rocks too. Thanks @jlevers !
    MikeyT, JimVonBaden and jlevers like this.
  2. Doug Just Doug

Doug Just Doug Silly Party Candidate Supporter

Oddometer:
    Much needed; thanks a ton. Now, can you make an extension so someone who isn't the OP can view only his posts in a thread? When I encounter some of our longer threads that have gone on for years, I always wonder "gee, I hope I haven't already posted this pic" or "I hope I'm not about to repeat my extremely valuable and insightful observations on this topic" but there's no way I'm going to view hundreds of pages to figure that out.
  3. Jack90210

Jack90210 quia ego nominor leo

Oddometer:
    You can search within a thread for your own posts. Once in the thread, click on the search button (magnifying glass) and use the drop-down menu to enter your member name in the "Posted By Member" box; then, select "search this thread only." Leave the box at the top blank. Bam, the first 500 of your posts in the thread will come up.
    Doug Just Doug and jlevers like this.
  4. Doug Just Doug

Doug Just Doug Silly Party Candidate Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
  5. Toadady

Toadady Push'n parts Supporter

Oddometer:
    the ADV+ isn't working for me anymore, the button is there, it pops up the two other buttons, but they are not clickable, I've got a few threads I'dd like to undo from author only and it won't let me
  6. jlevers

jlevers Type 2 fun

Oddometer:
    Weird, sorry, I'll look into that. I apologize if there's a delay -- I just started school and am pretty tight on time, but I'll spend as much time on this as possible.

Edit: turned out to be a pretty easy fix. I uploaded an updated version -- it should automatically update on your computer (if you're using Chrome or Firefox) within the next day, at the longest.
    FR700, Toadady, flei and 1 other person like this.
  7. FR700

FR700 Heckler ™©®℗

Oddometer:
    Once again, thank you very much.

jlevers likes this.
  8. goodcat

goodcat Changing latitudes, altitudes and attitudes

Oddometer:
    @jlevers

Here is what I'd like to do.

I have an extensive RR (2 yrs of posts) and would like a hard paper copy of it.
    I wish to edit the report but not entirely delete all comment posts from members.
    Will be an extensive editing process to produce a final product... if possible

Also, I'm a bit computer challenged just so you know haha

Is this possible using your program?
    Any advices is welcomed

Cheers
  9. jlevers

jlevers Type 2 fun

Oddometer:
    With my existing program, it's not possible to hide just some of the comments -- it's all or nothing. So in that sense, no, it's not possible with the tool as is. If you want to PM me a little more detail about exactly what you're trying to do, we might be able to figure something out. I've read parts of your ride report and really enjoyed it!
    goodcat likes this.
  10. Kyron

Kyron Oncler Inds

Oddometer:
    I just found this, you sir are a SAINT!!

thanks!!
    jlevers likes this.
  11. Spicciani2

Spicciani2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Handy extension for when i want to quickly read an old thread!
    jlevers likes this.
  12. beemer67

beemer67 Really Old airhead

Oddometer:
    So this is what the button looks like when the thread hasn't been toggled:

[​IMG]

And this is what it looks like after toggling:

[​IMG]

I like what you have done, works great. But I must be blind because I am not understanding the distinction above. I can tell when I start looking at the posts, but I can't tell just by referencing the above comment.
    What am I misunderstanding?
    (latest Firefox)
  13. jlevers

jlevers Type 2 fun

Oddometer:
    I see how that could be a little confusing. If you look at the first picture, the whole button is light gray, but in the bottom picture, there's a shadow around the edges of the button, giving it a "pushed in" look. Does that help at all? If not, I can clarify further. I might update the formatting on that at some point to make it more obvious when the button is toggled on/off.
  14. beemer67

beemer67 Really Old airhead

Oddometer:
    Yes, I see it now. Thanks for the heads up. Being partially colour blind I don't always notice changes in colour shades. Now i know what to look for.
    And again, thanks muchly for the add-on.
    jlevers likes this.
  15. plumer1kt

plumer1kt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Happy to use that extension @jlevers .
    But i think i found a bug.
    In a thread that i have select "toggle author only" ,everything works ok inside the thread,but the bug is outside.
    What i mean by that.
    I am getting alerts for that thread only if the OP has a new post.
    If not, and a new post is there from someone else ,i'm not getting an alert which is good as i'm not concerned about what others post to that thread.
    But ,on my "unread watched threads" page the thread is there.And of course entering the thread i'm seeing nothing else but the last OP post or an entire empty page.
    I still need to see if i never enter the thread, i will have a new alert from the OP ( the way alerts work here).
    Is this a bug?Or a conflict from the way ADV handle alerts and unread threads?
    If there is something you can do please do it.
    Most of the times alerts just "passing by " and the "unread watched threads" page is the only way to watch ADV
    Thanks!
  16. jlevers

jlevers Type 2 fun

Oddometer:
    Thanks for using the extension! I also have had issues with not getting notifications for threads that I thought I should be getting notifications for, but I'm pretty positive that it's not related to my extension, because the part of ADV that sends you notifications doesn't interact with my extension in any way. The extension is only running on your computer, NOT on ADVrider itself.

As far as having a blank page goes sometimes when you visit a thread and have set the extension to only show the OP's posts on that thread, if there are no posts from the OP on that page, you'll just see an empty page. If you toggle the extension back off, so that you can see everyone's posts in that thread, the page will no longer be empty.
  17. plumer1kt

plumer1kt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes i'm aware of this already.
    So it's just that
    Thanks for the reply!Cheers!
  18. BillsR100

BillsR100 Happy Paleoflatus

Oddometer:
    Wow, this makes reading ride reports soooooooo much better!!!!
    THANK YOU!
    jlevers likes this.