ADV in South America

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by lexluther11, Dec 27, 2015.

1. chainsaw tom

chainsaw tom n00b

Oddometer:
    Good question! Has anyone heard from Mark lately?
  2. Max Wedge

Max Wedge ADVenture mowing

Oddometer:
    Feb 1st was the last time.
  3. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    North Carrollton, MS - Traveling on the Moto
    It has been reported elsewhere that he is alive, well and in Spanish School.
    Max Wedge and BryanQ like this.
  4. Comrade Art

Comrade Art Working stiff

Oddometer:
    Publicar más fotos por favor :thumb
  5. Max Wedge

Max Wedge ADVenture mowing

Oddometer:
    Good to know. Thanks!
    WhicheverAnyWayCan likes this.
  6. ruans187

ruans187 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I a, Colombian-American and I cant believe you crossed that road because the old Buenaventura-Cali road (zone) is home of guerrillas. It is a huge area in the jungle and the Farallones, but me being born and raise in Cali have to think very hard about taking that route. In other words, I am jealous because u did it...lol...and bc I grew up here find it risky altough these days things have changed a lot.
    I am in vacation here now and rented a KLR from Motolombia which I will be picking up tomorrow but still thinking if take my chance on that road.

7. WhicheverAnyWayCan

WhicheverAnyWayCan Deaf Biker

Oddometer:
    If you find the courage to go there on a rental KLR, please share with us your experience. :thumb
  8. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I went there again on a little over a year ago on Yamaha 250 Tenere I rented from Mike at Motolombia. One of my all time favorite roads in Colombia, I just had to go do it again. First time I went in 2012 with a buddy from New Zealand there was lots of military presence and when questioning them on the security of the road onward to Cali they said "no problem"
    [​IMG]

When I went back in 2015 there was not near the military presence and I ended up riding with a two locals two up who I met at the waterfall in the road.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The perfect little bike for Colombia, only a 400 could have been better:
    [​IMG]
    We stopped in every little community along the way drinking beer and hanging out with the locals for a nice time along with stopping for some very strange sausage stuff, maybe blood sausage, was too bad:
    [​IMG]
    Needless to say it was very dark by the time I reached Buenaventura. Goodtimes in Colombia as always. Sorry for the highjack Lex but you must be living it up with no time to post, very easy to do down there:freaky

If I listening to everyone telling where not to go I would have never gotten to at least have the places I went in Colombia. Amazing place!
    Jamie Z, roadcapDen and Cmnthead like this.
  9. ruans187

ruans187 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The military presence being less is expected since we had the change of President (current one is not hard on guerrillas and wants to talk to them). I went riding yesterday with a Bike from Mike at Motolombia; a KLR650. Took Cali to Lago Calima through a very curvy, mountain road that crosses La Cumbre, Restrepo and then arriving to Darien.
    I will post pics once I download them.
    Going back to the US on Saturday..miss my Buell Ulysses
    BC Brian likes this.
  10. Devrim

Devrim n00b

Oddometer:
    So,...?
    No more pics?
  11. Jamie Z

Jamie Z I'm serious. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wonder whatever happened. Even without the pictures, or a proper ending, I found this to be an interesting report.
    roadcapDen likes this.
  12. black top bob

black top bob gray goat Supporter

Oddometer:
    Been wondering the same thing over the last year. It was a good report and opened my eyes a bit more.