1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Adv. Rider Comming to South Africa

Discussion in 'Africa & Mid East' started by SRG, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Gruebane

Gruebane Pawn Star

Oddometer:
    i got the 16 inches ,so its only 5 ft
  2. Gruebane

Gruebane Pawn Star

Oddometer:
    Thanks SRG ,much appreciated :clap
  3. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

Oddometer:
    wel wel wel WELL!!!!!!!!

so I have chatted to the man 3x now, but have yet to meet up with him. Waiting with baited breath....

I have an idea on the boots:

Buy these 2006 sealed in the box black Gaerne SG10 for the price, and swop them out for a 2005 pair of whatever your size is from the dealer. He scores cos he has updated stock!!!!!

I have offered to JM first, but if anyone else is keen - its freken half price people - let me know.

Thanks for the tip Welshie. Are you really that good with woman?

:lol3
  4. Welshman

Welshman B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    No, I am really bad with women, or I used to be. Trying to keep the turnover down now, divorces are very expensive.

Welshie:cry :cry
  5. HappyGoLucky

Oddometer:
    So come on now man! post the goodies, we have organised the boots, tshirts, stickers, couriers, 4000 emails, goodness gracious.

pick up yer skirts boyz!!!!!!!! (Stephen has my picture btw)

My bootse - [​IMG]

My mirrorse

[​IMG]
  6. Gruebane

Gruebane Pawn Star

Oddometer:
    Thanks to SRG , thanks to Lito , thanks to Welshman ,i want to thank my mom an dad and my doggie brakkie for the decals. Aint the internet a brilliant place dayum.

again thanks to all

Cheers

PS: If u see a blue strom with ADV stickers on it , its meeeeeeee

cheers
  7. shark_za

shark_za Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks all involved!
    Me will have ADV stickers whenever I get a gap to go and drink beer again.
    Hopefully before the Moz trip!
  8. Gruebane

Gruebane Pawn Star

Oddometer:
    Both do involve mating though ( i know weak after such a long time) sowwie
  9. Journey

Journey Trying

Oddometer:
    Thanks Lito and a BIIIIGG thank you to SRG!:D

Got the boots and did the exchange. No handling fee as well so bargain galore!

Much appreciated SRG! Hope you enjoy your stay here in South Africa!

Cheers
  10. Welshman

Welshman B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, we did not manage to get them to Shark before the Moz trip, but Toucan & Grue got theres, so big thanks SRG, hope you have a great trip.

Welshie
  11. GSGIRL

GSGIRL Neither here nor there

Oddometer:
    Booked my flights. It is going to be a long trip for me. At present, I will be there for 3 weeks. Apr 1 - 19. URGH! I love you guys & South Africa, but that is a long freakin' time to be away.

Won't be staying in the Centurion area as suggested by Gruebane. Would be a pain to get to where I need to be everyday. My partners are trying to arrange a guest house for me further north.

LITO: I will be there for the Easter Holiday and am thinking about flying to CT to hang out for a few days since I will have some free time. Looked into shark diving, that maybe a necessary thing for this adventure girl to do. Safari was too pricey at the camp I have been to before.

Let me know if any of you guys need anything from the states.
  12. SRG

SRG Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not to interrupt the twists and turns this thread has taken - but we/I have returned safely once again from our SA adventure. We all had a really great time and thanks to all of you for your interest and advice. To tell all the stories here would be impossible, suffice to say that it was an adventure every day. It was a pleasure to meet LITO, talk to some of you, and bring the goods over. Red Cherry Adventures in Port Elizabeth were great to deal with in renting me a KLR and most helpful w/ advice, routes and such - highly recommended. I'll try to get a report togeather w/ some photo's soon. GS Girl - go carefully and have a great time (and only believe about half of what any South African tells you, a quater if its an ADV rider)

SRG
  13. HappyGoLucky

Oddometer:
    bwahahahahha, welcome back SRG!!! it was nice meeting you too, and although I did feel a bit awkward to meet you at first with 3000 members of your family at the same time (did I mention what a babe Fey was?) I could see the biking spirit come out of us towards the time I left, which was a pity. Another time, another place, a beer or two.

Mate, I am now laughing so hard, whats the 1/4 you must believe from an AdvRider? I am so curious now.......... crikey, hope it wasnt from me, cos I think I gave you good info.

I didnt mention the Koala bears attacking you from the side of the road did I? :rofl:rofl:rofl

GsGirl, sounds great.....

I might ask you to bring some stuff over for me, although I might be away for the Easter weekend, its the best time for us to take 3 or so work days off and because of all the holidays, get around 9 days off....

I will be biking of course, away from the city, hallelujah.........

ps: public thanks to SRG for taking the trouble to bring stuff over in faith to us ZA Advriders, I hope we met your faith in substance.

Cheers!!! ps: Shark Diving, if you wanna give it a go, I have a card with a number on, I can call em for you if you like.
  14. GSGIRL

Oddometer:
    I found out late yesterday I may be a bit delayed on departure. This whole system sale is giving me more gray hairs and an ulcer. I will know by Monday if we can resolve the glitch we ran into.

Let me know what you need. I can bring and certainly post while I am in country if I do not make it to CT.

Ciao for now.
  15. SRG

SRG Long timer

Oddometer:
    Only joking on the one quarter BS factor - altough I thought I was being generous. Of course I had faith in you guys and I'm a firm believer in luck, which one was it? The thing you told me about the 2 red lights in the road being a giraffe standing in a pothole was exactly right.

Seriously though, SA is a beautiful place to visit and the people I have met there have all been first class.

SRG
  16. Welshman

Welshman B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    Nope, I was second class, you did me a favour, but I ducked to the coast without meeting you, next time I sponsor the liver damage!

There is something about being trained in drinking with ex-Rhodie helicopter mechanics that I can no longer remember?

Welshie :freaky :freaky :clap :clap
  17. SGB

SGB Learning Always

Oddometer:
    HI GSG, If you need to know anything about diving anywhere in SA, speak to Reon and Karin at Divesouth. See www.divesouth.co.za

They have all the contacts, places, people, etc to organize and they are gret guys. I m in Durbs - if you need anything around here, just shout!
    Enjoy
  18. GSGIRL

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys. Just going to wait it out today and see what happens re my sched. The other option I have during any free time is to go on safari. I've been to a camp in Manyeleti a few times. But I just looked into the same camp and the price has skyrocketed by more than 4 fold:eek1. I can always book something when I get down there, but the shark dive is interesting to me since I have already been on safari a few times.
  19. Welshman

Welshman B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    Remember, your currency is not what it was against ours!

Welshie :cry :cry :rofl
  20. shark_za

shark_za Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In the cape shark diving is done in cages, not my idea of a good time but cool if you have not done it before.
    Get hold of Mike Rutzen in gaansbaai if you want to do that, or Chris Fallows if you want to do a different interaction experience with blues and mako's far offshore from Simonstown. This is snorkel over bait.
    Both of them are very active in shark conservation and Mike can teach you a lot about shark body language and posturing, he free dives with whites down there until the goverment put a ban on.
    Up the coast there is good shark interaction at Protea Banks (use Trevor Krull of African Oddesea) and then another awesome shark experience is Mark Addisons tiger shark thing. Diving with sharks over bait. Awesome stuff.

btw, my nick aint shark cos I support a useless rugby side, I'm a lions/cats fan.
    Sharks are a passion of mine.

Here are some pics of the dive I did last week, check the scar on the mouth from the foul fishermen...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]